Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 10-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
improvised

Are Pinky Paradise Contacts Safe?

So I bought some, they came in the mail, I was all excited (haven't worn them yet), until I started reading some articles on the internet. The articles say circle lens are really bad for your eyes and could cause infection, scratched eyes, even loss of vision. So I'm kind of freaked out about wearing them, except I know a lot of people have worn them without issues. What about you? Do they work fine for you, or did they hurt your eyes?
improvised is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
novaraven1

Did your optometrist teach you how to wear lenses correctly? If they did you should have no problems unless you get a defective pair of lenses. If they look visibly rough on an edge or if they feel uncomfortable when you put them in, do not wear them.

Even normal brands sold at your optometrist can be defective once in a while, the quality of on-line circle lenses is usually no more or less than the ones they sell in stores here, the same things can go wrong with them all. If you really can't tell and don't know what a lens is supposed to feel like in your eye and think you're doing it wrong, go back to your optometrist and let them help you.

Also, soak the lenses in solution for 8 hrs before the first time you wear them if you have not already done so. There are proper sanitary ways of handling and caring for your lenses that will keep you from getting eye infections and other nightmares that you read about.

Your vision is too important to take risks with. Everyone should learn how to wear lenses from a professional before you go experimenting with ones you buy on-line just to save money. Your eyesight is priceless.

Last edited by novaraven1 : 10-10-2012 at 04:31 PM.
novaraven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
improvised

I actually wear contacts, so I'm familiar with them, I just wasn't sure if there was anything weird or different from circle lenses. I will follow your advice though, and soak them in my own contact solution.
improvised is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
JediFran
Jedi with a Stethoscope

As long as you know what you are doing and keep the lenses clean and stored correctly there should not be a problem. I work as a Doctor in ED and I can tell you that those who wear contacts often have some minor abrasions around their iris's. This isn't uncommon.

What you worry about is deeper abrasions causing symptoms - such as very sore eyes and 'feeling as if something is stuck in the eye'. Then you can be at risk of infection. But that can happen with any lenses tbh.

I wear circle lenses to all my events and have never had a problem. I have lenses from various different companies. Often the lenses will be a little sore when I first put them in, but this quickly subsides.

Just always remember to wash your hands, keep the lenses clean and you will be fine
JediFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
TenTigerLilies
Phuriously Khorrupt Lily

They're only bad if you wear them improperly; just like any lenses. I buy contacts from Pinky Paradise pretty often, and I think they're great.
*Ryoga Hibiki - Ranma 1/2
*Soul Eater Evans - Soul Eater
*Antonio Salieri - Mozart L'Opera Rock
*Rapunzel - Tangled

~Upcoming costumes:
*Miss Martian - Young Justice - 70%
*Monkey D. Luffy - One Piece - 60%
*Kotetsu T. Kaburagi - Tiger & Bunny - 40%
*Ryuk - Death Note - 30%
*Toph Bei Fong - Avatar: The Last Airbender - 5%
TenTigerLilies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #6
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFran View Post
As long as you know what you are doing and keep the lenses clean and stored correctly there should not be a problem.
This. I have two pairs of lenses from PinkyParadise. I've worn contacts for my vision for years now, so I already knew how to properly take care of and store the lenses. If you know what you're doing, it's perfectly safe. ^^

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #7
benihime
Kimono Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTigerLilies View Post
They're only bad if you wear them improperly; just like any lenses. I buy contacts from Pinky Paradise pretty often, and I think they're great.
agreeing with this....
they're a lot more comfortable to wear too~

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote