Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 4.82 average.
Unread 10-11-2003, 03:24 AM   #1
Ihrie

For Men: Creating Curves 1: Hips, thighs / Slim waist

Hey, I'm working on an Aeris Gainsborough crossplay and....well.....the girls got some hip action going on and I have no clue how to emulate it, seeings how I don't have hips ;_;

I've got the breasts, and tuck down, I'm just wondering how I can fake having hips......any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTE from your moderator: I merged in the former "slim waist" thread, so please check the posts carefully to see which is which. The original "slim waist" thread posts all have "slim waist" as a post title, in case the purpose might not be clear now that they're in the context of the "hip padding" posts.

Last edited by Karisu-sama : 02-05-2004 at 02:50 AM.
Ihrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-11-2003, 04:16 AM   #2
Alexia Ikyu
CP.net Photographer

There are such things as padded underwear and shorts that could help. I haven't looked for any myself. Google it.
Unread 10-11-2003, 12:52 PM   #3
nocturnalkitten
Wreow! =^_^=

Hmmm....maybe make yourself a padded body suit/brief type of deal? That way you can control the amount of curviness you want to achieve.

~T =^_^=
nocturnalkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2003, 06:21 PM   #4
RHIshida
lol internet

toilet paper?

Last edited by RHIshida : 07-26-2009 at 05:16 AM.
RHIshida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2003, 12:31 PM   #5
Ihrie

Thanks!! I found something perfect on that site! ^_~
Ihrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2003, 11:50 AM   #6
Merle-kun
What TIME is it!?!?

I bought some of those padded brief thingies, and they're pretty worthless. When I wear mine, I can see the start and stop of where the pads are. The ones I got were both hips and rear ^^; Maybe it's just the brand I bought, but they all looked pretty much the same to me. I wasted 40$... the only thing they are good for, is under non-form hugging clothes. But most of my costumes tend to hide the fact that I have those shorts on ^^; You can buy extra pads... that might be what I'll have to do. But I would suggest simply buying the pads and attaching them to a pair of shorts yourself, WAAAy cheaper. The material mine were made from isn't that great.

Follow me on Facebook or at KimberlyBalduf.com!
Merle-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2003, 02:37 AM   #7
dani
Boots were made 4 walking

My trick for hips

Very easy and cheap:

Two shoulder pads duct-taped edge to edge to from an oval shape thin in the borders and thick in the centre.

I made one of this for each side, and they stay in place by whatever is worn on top.

It does work, as you can see in the pic.

Good luck

Dani
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d97-03.jpg (23.9 KB, 209 views)
dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2003, 10:52 PM   #8
TammyKitten

One word solution... Hormones!

Yup, hormones. You really want to give it your all then there is only one way to do it right. I know it might sound kind of extreme and kind of permanent but nothing will give a guy curves like a regular dosage of female hormones. : )
Unread 11-12-2003, 05:52 AM   #9
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyKitten
Yup, hormones. You really want to give it your all then there is only one way to do it right. I know it might sound kind of extreme and kind of permanent but nothing will give a guy curves like a regular dosage of female hormones. : )
Well yeah, but one should be able to achieve pretty much the same visual effect with other methods in a more temporary fashion (ever see the 1982 movie "Tootsie" with Dustin Hoffman? He was pretty impressive... OK, maybe padding might possibly be somewhat more obvious under spandex perhaps )

Some of us (crossplayers of either sex) prefer to be able to revert to our original form for real life. ~_____^

Dani: Re your picture: I do believe those hips do work. ^^

Last edited by Karisu-sama : 11-12-2003 at 05:58 AM.
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2003, 04:23 PM   #10
cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihrie
Hey, I'm working on an Aeris Gainsborough crossplay and....well.....the girls got some hip action going on and I have no clue how to emulate it, seeings how I don't have hips ;_;

I've got the breasts, and tuck down, I'm just wondering how I can fake having hips......any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ^_^
Surgical skeletal reconstruction of the hip bones.

*evil mad scientist laugh*

I've actually thought about this for a very long time, and I'm still working on it. Maybe I'll figure it out in one more year.
Unread 11-19-2003, 02:33 PM   #11
jguy

Slim waist

Does anyone have any ways to make a guys waist slimmer. I have heard some people say get bigger hips to make the waist seem smaller, but I was wondering if anyone knew a good way to make curves without going heavy on the hips.
jguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2003, 02:35 PM   #12
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Slim waist

Wear a corset and pad your hips.

www.suspiciouscloset.com

Last edited by Karisu-sama : 02-05-2004 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Adding title prior to thread merge to avoid confusion
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2003, 03:51 PM   #13
dani
Boots were made 4 walking

Slim waist

Corset is the best way to go. Boning and everything. If you are not looking for something so drastic have a look at lingerie catalogs. There is a whole lingerie "sub group" dedicated to waist cinchers, body slimmers, tummy shapers and a plethora of other imaginative names. Many women are interested in rearranging their curves too so there is no shortage of products.

A good catalog to look at is Sears (the printed one, not sure if they have much online on this subject).

Good luck

Dani

Last edited by Karisu-sama : 02-05-2004 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Adding title prior to thread merge to avoid confusion
dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2003, 10:30 PM   #14
LunarYoma

Slim waist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jguy
Does anyone have any ways to make a guys waist slimmer. I have heard some people say get bigger hips to make the waist seem smaller, but I was wondering if anyone knew a good way to make curves without going heavy on the hips.
Best thing to use is a corset or a waist sincher if you want to make your waist slimer by several inches.

first of all do not use what is claimed to be corsets at the stores. they are cheap imatitions of the original corsets. They are mass produced & use inferior materials if you seriously want to pull in your waist a few inches. You will just waist your money buying what they got.

here are some sites to look at that make corsets by hand using the best materials ment to 'train you figure':
http://www.sallyanncorsetshop.com/
http://www.axfords.com/corsets/catalogue/
http://www.darkgarden.net/

corsret links at bottom of the page
http://www.free-adult-hosting.net/si...i/corsets.html

info: http://www.staylace.com/

good site i like
http://www.romantasy.com/cyboutique/...ansgender.html

got a corset from here
http://www.absolutecorsets.com/index.htm
i can personally vouch for them. their corsets are great.

what i suggest is that you read the history on corsets & what they are used for. look it up on the net.

Really good corsets are good to have if you want to really cinch in your waist. Of corse the really good corsets are expensive. Mine cost me 180$.

Lunar Yoma

Ours is the Wisdom of Solomon,The Magic of Merlin,The Fall of Icarus. From Countless Ages We Have Beckoned, From Infinite choices We Have Suffered. The World Chokes Under Stifling Conformity, Hopes Crumble in the Fire of Mediocrity, Heroes Die in the Snare of Pride. Armaggeddon is at Hand. Reality is a Lie. The Truth is Magic. Open Your Eyes and Awaken.

Last edited by Karisu-sama : 02-05-2004 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Adding title prior to thread merge to avoid confusion
LunarYoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2003, 01:06 PM   #15
Esa

Slim waist

Or, the REALLY cheap alternative of duct tape.
Effective, but needs some caution, and probably not for a long time...
suggestions: get something from a flea market to wear underneath, then tape. Trust me, you don't want that much tape straight on your skin.
Of course, if one has the monies, a proper corset is probably the best way.

Last edited by Karisu-sama : 02-05-2004 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Adding title prior to thread merge to avoid confusion
Esa is offline   Reply With Quote