Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 4.81 average.
Unread 03-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #151
sephygoth
Hater lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_prodigy View Post
What I'm doing for me EVA Crossplay is taking plastic wrap and wraping it around my belly to get that thinner look, then making some pads to put on my thighs. Fake boobs are easy though.
hilarious,
"I like to wrap my friends in plastic? yeah and beat them with a stick."
plastic wrap sweat will not treat you good, keeps freshness in and cool air OUT.....you's be better off wrapping it around your head XD
I say this only since others have done it before, I had a bet I would last longer than a friend in binding. I didn't lose, and he ended up with lines of red from even attempting that crap: it'll tighten/bunch up and slid and turn into a weird inflexible wad clamped around your gut. Unless you want some funny aftermath pics, don't do that.

also, don't use black electrical tape, it shrinks naturally, so it will get DAM tight and quite scarey.

makes me feel liek a jerk for letting others do this, but they've not fallen for us for no reason
sephygoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #152
tyciol

Hey guys, rather than speaking about the curves of the pelvis, I'm additionally curious about the hip joint literally. Since a lot of a role is posture, we often change the normal way we stand, walk, pose, etc. as we are conditioned to as males to emulate female posture.

There's this one pose in anime which I see very often which is very cute, but when I tried it it seemed impossible so I thought "well anime exaggerates everything".
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...ime/mikuru.jpg
But then I saw a guy actually get turned into a girl by an alien machine and he did it too and it made me really jealous!
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...nime/boing.jpg
But I kept thinking "out of all the contortionists I look at, sure they can do crazy lateral/external hip rotation to get into uber lotus positions but never to such extremes in the other direction as you do in anime... until I saw this on a motivational poster floating around (no idea who it is, but impressive)
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...a/internal.jpg
Now I'm pretty sure she's a girl, and I'm pretty sure most girls can't do that so she might be an exception... but it makes you wonder, is it wrong to hope to be able to pose like that some day when our hips just might not be the right shape in relation to our femurs to get there?

My guess is the majority of crossplayers are adults and our skeletons are ossified so I don't expect the bones are going to reform like they might have earlier when they had more cartilidge in them. So about the only hope I have is perhaps it is the length of postural ligaments holding our hips in place rather than bone.

Even then though, one is naturally a little apprehensive to try and stretch ligaments as they have a much higher tendency to break than a muscle does. They just aren't built for stretching... =( Any expert out there I've ever read on the subject says to avoid it completely and even maligns traditional things like the hurdler's stretch for what the internal rotation of the rear leg does to the knee and hip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncertainKitten View Post
Alright, so, I'm kinda in that situation where I have girlish hips (5 or 6" difference between my waist and hips ^-^;...) but no ass whatsoever. So, how do I remedy that aspect?
In the short term I expect some sort of padding, like this one I googled in Cosmopolitan:
Butt Padding.

A lot of women have this problem too since they don't train their glutes or just are not gifted there as some of their fellows (er, do girls use the term 'fellow' for each other?)

In the long-term...some good articles on how to build it from the inside-out are:
Butt in Gear: Part 1 and Part 2, the Bret Contreras' Glute Myth and Mark Young's Glutraining.

You can really feel the tension in those single-legged hip extensions and you can do the 2-legged ones for endurance to feel the burn. This is pretty much something good for either sex since it's a huge muscle which helps in running and avoiding injury and stuff.

Last edited by tyciol : 04-05-2010 at 04:12 PM.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #153
Kesenai Tsumi
Courageous Screaming Soul

Butt pads: obvious. Getting your hips in line for a crossplay: not so easy. seriously, is there ANYTHING i can do for myself? people say i have great legs, but that only goes so far. i hear that exercise doesn't do that much, so is there anything i can do instead of/in addition to it?

Last edited by Kesenai Tsumi : 04-05-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Kesenai Tsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 11:10 PM   #154
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

K, so my boyfriend isn't exactly crossplaying, but he would like to find a good waist cincher for one of his cosplays. Can anyone recommend one to me, please?

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 07:09 AM   #155
t1ght_o
Blondina

Arrow What I've done for the look

Ok so I guess I'm new to it,the whole cross dressing thing but I think I got help from up above for it

anyways,here's what I've tried & done to get the female look

the face,of course makeup,in my opinion you gotta know a little bit of makeup (which you can learn easily from youtube tutorials) & you gotta know what suits your face

the basic ideea in makeup is that the male head is more squareish while the female one is more roundish so for that,you need "sculpting" powders/blushes
personaly I got the big forhead with deep V shape & heart shaped face,so to round it a darker shade of powder in the V shape on my forhead & on my jaw line

now on them boobies,actualy I got me the silicone bra,invisibra or whatever you wanna call it in the D cup,it sounds big indeed but it was like a base for the boob,then with a silicone padded bra I got me a pair of natural pear shaped boobies,quite small actualy,I didn't like that aspect but I'm thinking of getting another silicone bra to add on top of the Dcup & then witht he silicone padded bra maybe they will be larger & more sexy looking,who knows

now on the waist part...here's where I kinda had a problem since my waist was manly with no curvature in it & no hourglass shape whatsoever,I thought of foil & all that but hell when your in it the whole day you just can't bear it so I did the usual waist clincher which is in fashion right now & lots of chiks on screen wear it so that was cool,gived it a little curvature

the hips...padding,I didn't get me the padded undies or anything like that,just homemade layering till I got the beyonce shape , that beeing my ideal & it worked well,of course,forgot to mention,padding on the behind too,so all in all the hips where good

now if you do beyonce hips you gotta have some legs to show off too,at first I didn't consider "thikening" the legs too & didn't understood why the shape looks distorted,but then after I layered on the legs too it gaved me a realy nice shape ,feminine,natural & sexy at the same time,so consider that when you do hips , cose you may allready have thick legs but if you add hips you'll get a unnatural curvature in the area,the hip needs to blend with the leg somehow

another problem which I had was with the "piece" between the legs,I tried the methods explained on the forum with pushing the balls inside the body & then pushing the back between the legs & securing it with a pair of tight panties to hold everything in place...I gotta tell you,the didn't stick inside,after 2 hours or so it started to hurt cose everything was held tight,& after 8 hours when I realy needed to pee , there was a little blood comming out & serious pain,almoust ruined the whole "play"

now,having this experience with it I just leave that part as it it not touching it , a pair of tight panties will do the trick just fine for me , can't see a bump in the jeans from the front or from the sides so it's all good

now the things that I would need some advices at are...the waist part,how to make the waist have that hour glass shape ,even a tiny glince of it & I'm not afraid to "train" the bones as I read on the forum , I did looked for steel boned corsages but no luck so far , waist clinchers all over but no proper corsages

also , do you guys recomand those padded panties? I'm not sure they will do the trick cose after looking at some models I noticed that they do have the padding on the behind & also on the hips but like it said,that hip bump,doesn't blend with the leg

anyways,looking forward into hearing from y'all,this forum got me the courage or pulling something like this

oh & one more thing,how on earth can some people walk in 7 inch platform shoes the whole day cose my legs hurt like hell after 6 or 7 hours , it's true I've been walking non stop & maybe that's why but any tricks to make them more confortable ?
t1ght_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #156
Kesenai Tsumi

first of all, even though it's off topic, you DONT start with 7 inches. try 3, and walk in those for a few days.

secondly:bleeding?! what the heck did you DO?! I've been tucking for a few years now almost every day (by almost I mean about 4 days/week on average). that has NEVER happened to me. maybe you were too rough with you little "friends?" I think we all need to hear more about this case--it sounds like it could help some people avoid pain and blood-stained panties.
Unread 05-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #157
t1ght_o
Blondina

Arrow What I've done for the look 2

about the shoes...I did start with this tiny heel & then moved up to 3 ... 5 .... 7 inches but still,at the end of the day I always swear to myself that I'll never do heels again,it's so exausting & after 7 or 8 hours you can't posibly enjoy yourself any longer....after 8 hours heels are a bad expertience for me

note that I don't just stand in those heels I walk in them , the whole 8 hours so maybe that is why it becomes so terrible

anyways

the tucking part,like I said I tried to move the O.O & put them inside somehow they they wouldn't stay there,so I just pulled them in the back as I could,gently of course it's not like I've been ripping them,& pulled the " I " in the back too & after that worn a tight,I guess too tight pair of pantties to keep everything in place

I gotta say,no blood stained panties , it wasn't like that it's just that after ... 4 hours or so the area was numb,but still hurting if that's possible,now after 8 hours I realy needed to pee & omg it hurt to bad to take it out & even to pee it was kinda sore at the first drops it was red with blood in it,not much,just a few drops but still it was there & I don't know if it was because the area was held too tight,or cause the " i " was held back too much time,I don't know what caused it but I haven't tried it since
t1ght_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #158
Kesenai Tsumi

I tuck frequently, and when I do it's all day long. I've never seen bleeding occur at all without being caused by injury. this really worries me. if you have any more details that might help me puzzle it out, please share. it's a scary thought...bleeding in a place that could be so painful.
Unread 08-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #159
Älìss
don't blink.

Sorry about the necroposting but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
Hey guys, rather than speaking about the curves of the pelvis, I'm additionally curious about the hip joint literally. Since a lot of a role is posture, we often change the normal way we stand, walk, pose, etc. as we are conditioned to as males to emulate female posture.

There's this one pose in anime which I see very often which is very cute, but when I tried it it seemed impossible so I thought "well anime exaggerates everything".
But then I saw a guy actually get turned into a girl by an alien machine and he did it too and it made me really jealous!
But I kept thinking "out of all the contortionists I look at, sure they can do crazy lateral/external hip rotation to get into uber lotus positions but never to such extremes in the other direction as you do in anime... until I saw this on a motivational poster floating around (no idea who it is, but impressive)
Now I'm pretty sure she's a girl, and I'm pretty sure most girls can't do that so she might be an exception... but it makes you wonder, is it wrong to hope to be able to pose like that some day when our hips just might not be the right shape in relation to our femurs to get there?
I don't know about you, but I can do that quite easily - of course though, I'm still young and I did a lot of gymnastics when I was little so that probably contributed. And yes, my sex is male.
Älìss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #160
QuietBarrelRoll
All aircraft report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Älìss View Post
Sorry about the necroposting but...

I don't know about you, but I can do that quite easily - of course though, I'm still young and I did a lot of gymnastics when I was little so that probably contributed. And yes, my sex is male.
I just tried doing that pose....OMG it hurt! Got as far as the knees in 45 degree angle to the floor. I give you mad props for being able to do that XD.

Random sidenote: I'm not sure if I'm wording this correctly but does anyone know how to conceal the ribcage? That doesn't sound right....but anyways, what I mean is there are two bones (I'm assuming ribs but they pretty big and flat) that are between my underbust and my "waist" and they sorta ruin the illusion of "the curve". Is there a way to hide them or something?
QuietBarrelRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2010, 02:32 AM   #161
Ritsu H Saotome
Fail Shadow Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyKitten View Post
Yup, hormones. You really want to give it your all then there is only one way to do it right. I know it might sound kind of extreme and kind of permanent but nothing will give a guy curves like a regular dosage of female hormones. : )
Yes, but that can become a little pricey .
Ritsu H Saotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #162
pepsi chan

Petrilude on youtube has a bunch of how to's for drag.

Making hip/butt pads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5ks3D_Lo-U

He has other vids to just look through his vids, he has cleavage vids, make-up, and tucking vids for sure that I can think of.

Hope that helps. C:
pepsi chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #163
Bibliothèque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritsu H Saotome View Post
Yes, but that can become a little pricey .
Something I've been wondering since I first saw that post: does that even have any significant change to one's hip structure post-puberty?

Other posts here have intrigued me. As soon as I realized what the shoulderpads-as-hip-pads suggestion meant (to sew toghether the thick, flat edge of a set of hemispherical shoulderpads for each hip), i thought that that was somethin I should certainly like to try if it ever became necessary- of my surprisingly feminie figure, the hips (along with the shoulders) are thw two parts I most worry about having to mask.
Unread 02-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #164
someonewhodied
Strange Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post

My guess is the majority of crossplayers are adults and our skeletons are ossified so I don't expect the bones are going to reform like they might have earlier when they had more cartilidge in them. So about the only hope I have is perhaps it is the length of postural ligaments holding our hips in place rather than bone.

Even then though, one is naturally a little apprehensive to try and stretch ligaments as they have a much higher tendency to break than a muscle does. They just aren't built for stretching... =( Any expert out there I've ever read on the subject says to avoid it completely and even maligns traditional things like the hurdler's stretch for what the internal rotation of the rear leg does to the knee and hip.
Take another look at the picture of the actual person.
Yes, the legs form a supplementary 180 Angle, but compare the knees to the feet. The knees are slightly higher up than the feet. And I can do that (I am 15/♂). Here is how I do it:
1. Kneel.
2. Sit back on feet, still kneeling.
3. Take feet out from under ass.
4. Slowly slide my feet outwards.

Its surprisingly easy doing it like that.
someonewhodied is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #165
FF7isawesome

Just wondering... What do you guys think? Corset or waist cincher? I am new to crossplay...
FF7isawesome is offline   Reply With Quote