Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.76 average.
Unread 06-01-2004, 02:40 AM   #61
Merle-kun
What TIME is it!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentExcel
I uploaded a pic of my legs from my pitiful Amawa Hibiki outfit to my gallery! Do they look okay?
It's kinda hard to tell with all the dark colors, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. =3

Follow me on Facebook or at KimberlyBalduf.com!
Merle-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-21-2004, 08:29 AM   #62
CNash

www.transformation.co.uk

A European website with a great online catalog, catering specifically to the TG crowd. Which means, breast forms!
CNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2004, 09:52 AM   #63
dani
Boots were made 4 walking

I went to check that site.

IF you believe those pics are of real prosthesis, AND you are willing to pay that much to find out if it's true... then, by all means, don't let me stop you.

I'm currently trying to work out a deal with a supplier of silicone enhancers for my store, hoping to bring them for around U$40 or less. The foam enhancers should come out for under $10.

Dani
Unread 06-21-2004, 10:37 AM   #64
CNash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani
I went to check that site.

IF you believe those pics are of real prosthesis, AND you are willing to pay that much to find out if it's true... then, by all means, don't let me stop you.
Look closely and you can see the point at which the breast form joins the skin.
CNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2004, 06:01 PM   #65
animeBecky21
Goofy girly user

A little of both

First of all, I was blessed with some natural hip-age... not a ton, but enough I don't bother to add to them. Drives girls nuts too.

That said, I have seen where victoria's secret sells in their catalog a padded undergarment with removable pads on the sides and back. if you have the bucks, it might be a place to go. Otherwise, if you can get an old foam mattress or even one of those hospital blue foam eggcrate pads, you could try to trim out your own padding. Luckily a Victorias Secret catalog is free, you could use the photo there to model what you make on. It's hard though to cut the foam rounded... if I was really going to do it I'd wear some kind of mask and use a hot wire foam cutter like the model railroad guys use to cut insulation foam for scenery (I am sure it would stink and possibly be toxic, so kids dont try this one at home).

You might even cheat, especially if you're a smaller person, and use a larger set of the sewing shop shoulder pads intended to be used in womens shirts. Tucked into pantyhose they might work okay for you.

For the waist, a corset is ideal but you can also try an inexpensive waist cincher from one of the discount department stores; I used to use one from K-mart that cost about $17 and has a row of hooks down the front. They're not great but ok for occasional use - get it a couple sizes smaller than the size chart says. They come in white and black usually too, sometimes tan. Expect to replace it once in a while if you wear it a lot - I wore one twice a week and after about a year some of the boning had broken so I got another. A longer one is better if possible. If you're using pantyhose, try a control top about a size smaller than the box says you should wear - I cut them off the legs when the legs get runs (they all do eventually) then can use hose that are larger and a little more forgiving to the snags.

If you're really serious, you can train your body with a corset or cincher until you slim your waist down and then can get away without it. That might be what happened to me, even. I would suggest researching it more on a transgender related site, though, and here again it could be dangerous, so be careful.

Last edited by animeBecky21 : 06-21-2004 at 06:04 PM. Reason: typo!
animeBecky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2004, 05:13 PM   #66
cmdavis

check out classic curves at www.clcrv.com You will pay a lot for the garment to make your rear and hips larger, but these are custom made using your measurements then a computer generated model is made and the garment is made from that. Like I said, they are pricey, but they are about as authentic as you can get if you are uber serious about looking the part.
cmdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2004, 01:28 AM   #67
PoodleBoy

Getting that "shape"

Hi! Corsets work wonders if you wear them correctly. If you wear them too tightly they can be dangerous, just make sure you can breath normally without struggling..thats a good way to judge if its fitting properly. Another thing... my crossplay costumes almost always involve full puffy skirts. A skirt that is pouffed out with one or more petticoats under it gives an illusion of a slimmer waist and curvier hips! Esp if the skirt is cinched in at the waist with a sash, tie or belt.
PoodleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2004, 09:38 AM   #68
*Lola*

Does anyone know of any place that sells not-so-expensive corsets? I cannot spend $200 on one.
*Lola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2004, 09:56 AM   #69
Merle-kun
What TIME is it!?!?

Here's what I use and it works great! Just it'll show under anything snug you might want to wear. I'm still searching for an invisible/seamless waist cincher.

http://www.fredericks.com/product.as...t%5Fid=511 62

Follow me on Facebook or at KimberlyBalduf.com!
Merle-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2005, 01:16 AM   #70
photoguy47

a visual

I can see it works, but I'm having a problem visualizing it.....any chance of seeing the padding???

Quote:
Very easy and cheap:

Two shoulder pads duct-taped edge to edge to from an oval shape thin in the borders and thick in the centre.

I made one of this for each side, and they stay in place by whatever is worn on top.

It does work, as you can see in the pic.

Good luck

Dani
photoguy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2005, 01:21 AM   #71
dani
Boots were made 4 walking

Sure: post #25 of this very same thread: http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=25
Unread 01-02-2005, 01:39 AM   #72
photoguy47

Smile

Quote:
Sure: post #25 of this very same thread: http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=25
It's all clear to me now.....thanks.
photoguy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2005, 10:03 AM   #73
tabbybunhead
Bad Kitty

I checked out Sami's Closet.They have stuff both for creating butt and slimming the waist as well as things for holding in the package.

i recommend the site,and no I do not work for them lol.

Tabby
tabbybunhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2005, 04:15 AM   #74
Reno_kun
who ya gonna call?

Well after asking some female friends of mine after they stoped laughing at me, they said I already have pretty girly hips, and I don't really need any thing. but If I do I will.
Unread 01-30-2005, 10:06 AM   #75
Leon
The Envy + Rage of Youmac

Quote:
It does work, as you can see in the pic.
You remind me of this lady that I work with.....

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote