Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 04-07-2010, 03:53 PM   #3631
jjcpammc09

Does anyone have or know where I can find a great tutorial on how to make Sailor Moon 's Crescent Moon Healing Wand? I would greatly appreciate it very much.
jjcpammc09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #3632
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Quote:
Originally Posted by batzy View Post
Sorry if it seems like I'm just butting in here, but I just had a quick question. So my friend and I are thinking of doing Uranus and Neptune (the first costumes) this fall and I'm looking into wigs. I honestly can't find much. This one seems to be the best quality so far, but the color is dark- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Any other wig suggestions? I'm probably looking in the wrong place.

Also shoes, what's the best method to go about Neptune's shoes? I'm guessing I'm going to have to dye some heels.
Check your goodwill/salvation army or any thrift stores near by! They sell shoes and you can honestly pick up a pair of teal heels for less than 10$ at goodwill. Then, just buy some teal ribbon from dollar tree or joann's/micheals and attach them to the heels by either sewing or using a glue gun. :}

Her shoes are actually really simple to find, you just have to look around. Especially since you have til' Halloween.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #3633
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Quote:
Originally Posted by batzy View Post
Sorry if it seems like I'm just butting in here, but I just had a quick question. So my friend and I are thinking of doing Uranus and Neptune (the first costumes) this fall and I'm looking into wigs. I honestly can't find much. This one seems to be the best quality so far, but the color is dark- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Any other wig suggestions? I'm probably looking in the wrong place.

Also shoes, what's the best method to go about Neptune's shoes? I'm guessing I'm going to have to dye some heels.
Double posted oops!

Last edited by tarinalove : 04-07-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Unread 04-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #3634
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

I hate to break it to you jjcpammc09, but I don't think anyone shares their secrets on how to make a Moon Stick. I'm not sure I've ever seen a tutorial for that. Sorry!
Mami Tomoe (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)- planning stages
------------------
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #3635
schumi_girl
The girl with a bow.

So my dress was taken up yesterday, yards and yards of material were cut off (I've got a whole bag of offcuts now!) and it looks great. The con is in two days. All I have to do is figure out how to attach the sleeve pieces and then I'm all done

Upcoming Cons: Supanova - April - Princess Serenity.
schumi_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 10:46 PM   #3636
QuietKodama
★mou nigenai yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousity View Post
I hate to break it to you jjcpammc09, but I don't think anyone shares their secrets on how to make a Moon Stick. I'm not sure I've ever seen a tutorial for that. Sorry!
Just because no one shares specifically how to make one, doesn't mean one can't use alternate and similar ideas from other props that share traits with the Crescent Moon wand.

@jjcpmmc09: http://www.soul-hunter.com/sailormoo..._moonstick.jpg This is what you mean, right? If you have time/money for a commission, you can see if anyone would like to make it for you.

Otherwise, you can probably get some idea from the Props and Accessories forum.

Actually, after not much looking, I found a tutorial on the Crescent Moon wand, in one ofthe directories. I hope this is what you're looking for: Tutorial: Sailor Moon's Moon Stick.
QuietKodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #3637
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarinalove View Post
So, I think I'm going to attempt my hands at making the manga Princess Chibiusa/Small lady dress for next year's SakuraCon 2011.
(I adore the color pink and it's so much cuter than Serena's)
I'm also going to try to get my best friend to cosplay Usagi/Serena's white princess dress from the manga. Since we look very similar and all. :}

How hard of a challenge will it be? Mind you, I've only made some outfits. And one full dress from Moetan. I have a pink costume satin dress that needs altering and I planned on using as a base for the Chibiusa dress.

Also, has anyone in here made that one and can you give me tips? Or would it be cheaper to commission the gown vs making it by hand and buying all the fabric?
Can someone please please please give me some tips and idea's.

Also, i plan on making Chibiusa's spring school uniform (manga version) because it's so cute for Kumoricon 2010!
Any tips on making a school uniform would also be helpful!

Unread 04-07-2010, 11:58 PM   #3638
QuietKodama
★mou nigenai yo

Quote:
Any tips on making a school uniform would also be helpful!
I recently made a school uniform :3 Or made half of it from scratch, edited the other half from pre-existing clothing: http://phoenixspine.deviantart.com/a...usic-159232029

You can use the sailor collar pattern you would use for the Senshi outfit.
The skirt is a basic pleated skirt-- for mine, I used 22 pleats, and made sure that it was the length I needed: proportionate to me in reference to the character. The top of my skirt sits above my bellybutton and falls to where my hands naturally fall if i were standing up straight.

The white shirt is cropped to the length where my elbows fall, from what used to be a longsleeved white button down. I also added the sleeve detail after cutting it to the desired length and hemming.

The neck tie is just fabric in a long rectangle (hemmed of course) that i made sure went all the way around my collar and down to where it needed to be.

It was fairly easy to do, just a lot of little detail things that needed to be done.
If you need a more indepth explination, feel free to pm me, so I don't spam here :3

@Neptune wig: This may be an option if you don't mind buying through ebay.
Unread 04-08-2010, 08:34 AM   #3639
jjcpammc09

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietKodama View Post
Just because no one shares specifically how to make one, doesn't mean one can't use alternate and similar ideas from other props that share traits with the Crescent Moon wand.

@jjcpmmc09: http://www.soul-hunter.com/sailormoo..._moonstick.jpg This is what you mean, right? If you have time/money for a commission, you can see if anyone would like to make it for you.

Otherwise, you can probably get some idea from the Props and Accessories forum.

Actually, after not much looking, I found a tutorial on the Crescent Moon wand, in one ofthe directories. I hope this is what you're looking for: Tutorial: Sailor Moon's Moon Stick.
Thank you so much this may help.
Unread 04-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #3640
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietKodama View Post
I recently made a school uniform :3 Or made half of it from scratch, edited the other half from pre-existing clothing: http://phoenixspine.deviantart.com/a...usic-159232029

You can use the sailor collar pattern you would use for the Senshi outfit.
The skirt is a basic pleated skirt-- for mine, I used 22 pleats, and made sure that it was the length I needed: proportionate to me in reference to the character. The top of my skirt sits above my bellybutton and falls to where my hands naturally fall if i were standing up straight.

The white shirt is cropped to the length where my elbows fall, from what used to be a longsleeved white button down. I also added the sleeve detail after cutting it to the desired length and hemming.

The neck tie is just fabric in a long rectangle (hemmed of course) that i made sure went all the way around my collar and down to where it needed to be.

It was fairly easy to do, just a lot of little detail things that needed to be done.
If you need a more in depth explanation, feel free to pm me, so I don't spam here :3
Thank you. :} That makes sense, and your uniform came out pretty cute. I don't know if I'd want as many pleats as you had...

The one with short sleeves^

I'm more concerned about the shirt than the skirt. But did you also add a zipper for closure on the skirt??

Unread 04-08-2010, 06:58 PM   #3641
jjcpammc09

Does anyone know where you can get some spirit gum?
Unread 04-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #3642
QuietKodama
★mou nigenai yo

Quote:
Thank you. :} That makes sense, and your uniform came out pretty cute. I don't know if I'd want as many pleats as you had...

The one with short sleeves^

I'm more concerned about the shirt than the skirt. But did you also add a zipper for closure on the skirt??
No problem ^^ and thank you :]
It looks like you could use a 'standard' 16 pleats for Chibi's uniform, but if you wanted to go for less, I think it would still be fine.
Her shirt also looks like it is cropped to where her elbows are, and her skirt sits at the usual place for this type, above the belly bottom, most probably.
for my skirt, I hand sewed a strip of snap tape as a closure.
I've tried out zippers, velcro and snap tape for skirt closures, and my personal preference is snap tape ^^;

@jjcpammmc: You can buy Spirit gum at your local Party City, or from sites like this one. Anywhere that's theatre/costume related store :]
Unread 04-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #3643
jjcpammc09

@ QuietKodama: Thank you so much
Unread 04-09-2010, 07:23 AM   #3644
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Alright! back from holiday and on the ferry home whilst I type this... tomorrow I will go back to the fabric store and exchange my blue cotton Lycra into the RIGHT shade of blue, I will bring a scrap reference with me this time. Then I can print out a pattern that I found for a sailor collar and start! Then all I have to do is do the hip, sleeve and glove rolls (pffft, easy!)
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #3645
jjcpammc09

How was your holidays?