Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 215 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #4336
sakura_petals

sweet magic - on youtube there's a video from Studio Mallory on how to make her staff, it should be a good place to start.
sakura_petals is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-01-2010, 02:45 PM   #4337
Andserkiel
Leonie Heartilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Steffi-x View Post
I've bought one from the first link that you gave. It was okay, but I wanted to re-do the buns because I didn't like them. but other than that it had a great silky feel to it. So the first one is nice so trust them
Was it deff that seller Steffi? As I really like the look of that wig for my PGSM Moon (Live Action has the larger buns) but I've seen the photos copied by a few sellers so have no idea who was the original owner of them =(
Andserkiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #4338
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...

Just bought my base wig for my Human Luna costume. I'll have to make the little odangos as I wait for it to come in, along with making the dress of course. I'm finishing it all for next weekend. ^^

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 02:59 PM   #4339
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andserkiel View Post
Was it deff that seller Steffi? As I really like the look of that wig for my PGSM Moon (Live Action has the larger buns) but I've seen the photos copied by a few sellers so have no idea who was the original owner of them =(
After I purchased the wig I had that worry too, but when the wig arrived like 3 days later, is was carefully placed in nets and packaged in a padded envelope. I removed all the safety netting, but I warn you, there is a black net on each bun, I did the stupid thing of cutting those nets off ans the buns feel apart, so DO NOT cut the bun nets if you like them the way they are. But the wig was nicely styled and was just gorgeous. Sometimes you are just going to have to take risks. But I do recommed this seller. Just look at the seller's feedback and look for the good feedback of that particular sailor moon wig. I know these Chinese sellers copy and use photos but you can never tell which seller has the correct photo. But still I'd suggest having a look around, but buy that wig as a last resort. Before I bought this wig I saw a perfect one, but by the time my lazy brother got round to ordering it, the wig was gone unfortunately and I had to pick my second choice.

But overall I thought my wig is great and it's easy to style as well. But if you wanted to re-do the buns like I did, then well, you can easily make them into bigger buns. Since the buns and ponytail are connected together, and the buns are adjustable and can be taken off the wig if you removed the black netting. Then with the help of some hair gel, hair spray and thin hair ties, you can easily shape the bun into larger and more rounder buns and then put them back on the wig. But be careful of the ponytails because where I handled the ponytails to much, they got frizzy and it got worse and worse until I finally was able to fix it but it still isn't like it was before. But the reason why I'm saying that you may redo the buns is that the buns on my purchased wig didn't look round in the photo, they were a bit more smaller but they still looked nice, but you can improve on them. There was nothing wrong with the buns before, I was just an idiot to cut the supporting net by accident lol.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #4340
godsavethequeen
Seamstress Extraordinaire

I wrapped up a Super Sailor Moon costume a few weeks ago and I thought I'd share some photos: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/186315/

Here is a general breakdown of the fabrics I used for everything:

Leotard: Double layer white spandex with underbust seams, invisible zipper in the back, and adjustable crotch.
Pink Sleeve Petals: Pink organza with horsehair braid on the hems
Front Bow: Red dull satin with some interfacing
Back Bow: Pink organza
Collar: A variety of dull satins with metallic spandex trim. The collar also has light interfacing.
Skirt: A variety of dull satins. All the color stripes are cut on the bias
Boot Toppers: White vinyl with metal moons and a snap closure
Hip Rolls: Thick welt cording covered in white and gold spandex. There is a wire inside the welt cording.
Glove Rolls: More welt cording covered in spandex, this time in red. No wires in these rolls.

http://www.godsavethequeenfashions.com
gstqfashions@gmail.com
godsavethequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #4341
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeen View Post
I wrapped up a Super Sailor Moon costume a few weeks ago and I thought I'd share some photos: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/186315/

Leotard: Double layer white spandex with underbust seams, invisible zipper in the back, and adjustable crotch.
Collar: A variety of dull satins with metallic spandex trim. The collar also has light interfacing.
Hip Rolls: Thick welt cording covered in white and gold spandex. There is a wire inside the welt cording.
Glove Rolls: More welt cording covered in spandex, this time in red. No wires in these rolls.
One of the best Super Sailor Moon costumes I've ever seen. Very well done, I especially love the skirt, the combination of colours is used is just fantastic and blend in together very well. I'm chuffed to bits when I see everyone's finished pieces and knowing the step by step process really makes you understand all the thought and care which has been put into the cosplay. But I love it <3 You should be proud of yourself ^^

Unread 07-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #4342
Andserkiel
Leonie Heartilly

Steffi- Thanks for the tips =)
Andserkiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #4343
sweet_magic
Wind User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura_petals View Post
sweet magic - on youtube there's a video from Studio Mallory on how to make her staff, it should be a good place to start.
Thanks! I found it, but none of their videos are working. :/
My Cosplay Media Group
Facebook- Project Kaleidoscope
DeviantArt- Project Kaleidoscope
sweet_magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #4344
caisse
the sugoi princess

So all of the supplies I need to make my Usagi wig came today... now just to go get the styrofoam balls.

...I'm scared. XD;

katsucon 2012
friday;; feferi peixes [homestuck] | ramona flowers [scott pilgrim]
saturday;; stocking anarchy [pswg] | catherine [catherine]
sunday meenah peixes [homestuck]

caisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #4345
Chiloves1
Cosplay Dreamin

Thank you again Sailor Senshi Costume Thread! This is the nicest thread I've been on for gaining new advice or giving others advice. ^-^

Today, I want to talk about a Mugen Gauken Uniform I created without needing to sew. The blazer was kind of a flue, really, and it took me 9 hours to find everything to make it happen. (Which didn't take a bite out of my wallet. Thrift stores are good stores) You might have luck at Value Villages if you have one. Or second hand stores and odd and end places like that might have what you are looking for.

Not sure if anyone is doing school uniform for the Outer Senshi, but I thought I'd talk about it since I want to help anyone with any Sailor Moon information, including where I can buy Sailor Moon toys (still) and Cosplay props. There is always going to be disappointment and victory when it comes to these things. And this is going to sound crazy, but the Infinity Emblem that Haruka and Michiru have on their school uniform.

A trip to your local Michael's or dollar store and/or other craft store should provide all the materials you need:

A black marker pen
1 purple or blue felt paper sheet (sticky or iron on sheet)
A small bottle of white out
A pair of cutting scissors
A star stencil ( A optional template to trace or draw)
1 clear bottle of nail strengthener polish
The first thing you need to do is sketch or trace a star anywhere on the felt paper sheet. After you have sketched or drawn the star you need to color in the star with a thin black market. (You want to use a thin black marker, cause it doesn't smudge so hard.) After you want to cut the star out and put aside.
You want to draw and cut a separate strip for the word "Mugen" on it. You want to then take the white out and write the words Mugen on the strip of felt paper. (It's important to check out many reference pictures, and don't forget to include the Infinity symbol)

You are now ready to attach by ironing or cutting and sticking the sticky side of the felt paper onto the blazer. Generally Haruka has the Infinity Academy Emblem closest to her chest pocket. Or before you do anything, you can wait a couple of minutes for the white out and the black market to dry, and once that's done you can apply the clear nail strengthener onto the emblem, this makes it shiny and glossy.

The price for these materials are not expensive, and you might actually have these materials hanging around and this project is very simple.

*Whew* that was a mouthful!
Chiloves1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 11:00 PM   #4346
Chiloves1
Cosplay Dreamin

Okay, since I have the time tonight, here is some more info of anything pertaining to Sailor Moon. Sorry for the double posting, I like to ramble. ^-^

Okay, for those of you looking to commission a Sailor Moon Prop, I highly recommend Sailor Moon Cosplay. I've left a review on him on The Commissioner Review Thread. He is the most hardworking and very delightful to speak to commissioner. Plus, his props are GORGEOUS and I've ordered a few things from him, and he's kept me very informed in terms of progress and also asks if he isn't sure of something we may have forgotten to mention.

So don't worry about getting a prop made. He's very skilled and he can make it very well and anything you want! And trust me, he's very good with prices. He also throws in special deals like Free Shipping or Contests. Just tell him Sara from Canada sent you, he should know right away it's me. XD

http://www.youtube.com/user/sailormooncosplay If I may, I must also add if you are a collector new or a continuous one, you might want to check out Sailor Moon Collector on LiveJournal. I haven't joined myself, but am sure I will at some point tonight or in a few days, as I have lots of stories of Sailor Moon to share with the community.

And, for those who are interested to know where I buy all my Sailor Moon Goodies, at one point I used Craigslist, and from time to time I still do. I picked up a few art books for cheap on there, over Ebay. I probably will have to discuss prices on another thread, but you can also feel free to PM me, and I can share that info there aswell)

At one point, after college almost 6 years ago, I stopped with Sailor Moon, and I did that cause I was unable to find any more Sailor Moon stuff, that and cause I had cleared out all the thrift stores in the Lower Mainland. But, I met a girl in 2008 at Anime Evolution, in Vancouver British Columbia where I live and she gave me info on a place called Halfmoon Bookstore.
That's when it involved me getting back into buying Sailor Moon Merchandise, and having an owner who bought all her USED Sailor Moon stuff wholesale and from a factory for cheap and sold things for cheap in their store. One of my greatest possession is my Eternal Tier from Sailor Stars. Normally, I see a few on Ebay for $300-sometimes $800!! I bought mine for $15 CAD!!
It's missing the lid to close where the batteries are kept, but I love it so much cause it is barely damaged and it can still play. Today, I spent only $40 on a Talking Super Sailor Moon Doll from a girl who put a good chunk of her Sailor Moon stuff up for sale on Craigslist, and I still have much more to buy!!

One note of WARNING of using Craigslist. Please AVOID a seller who has a headline sometimes reading "Serious buyers ONLY" and "VERY RARE Bandia Sailor Moon Items" For one, this person claims to want to sell the toys for his daughter. That isn't true. And then when you talk to him about price, he rudely replies back. I can't stress it enough, how many times I've had to flag this guy and he still comes back. I obviously don't want anyone to cry or be scared to buy Sailor Moon stuff from Craigslist, cause there are some very nice sellers who don't go too overpriced, but there are definitely some of them on there.

And obviously not every Craigslist in your state/city/town/country are going to have what you are looking for. But they might have at least something! ^-^
Unread 07-02-2010, 12:57 AM   #4347
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeen View Post

My friend Brady orders alot of things from you and I just wanna say I adore your work! The Queen Beryl especially. It was beautiful, and congrats on your award at Ohayocon for it. But How much do you normally charge say for a sailor moon fuku like that? I'm just wondering out of curiosity. ^^ Its stunning btw.

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 03:16 AM   #4348
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andserkiel View Post
Steffi- Thanks for the tips =)
You're welcome! And if you find that you will purchase that same wig that I got and do decide to re-do the buns then I can help

Unread 07-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #4349
Radiant Nightmare
Deus Ex Machina

I'm looking for a wig for my Sailor Neptune cosplay and was wondering if anybody could help me out. Is there anywhere else that I could find one? I have no experience with dying or wig styling at all. btw

These are the only two good looking wigs I found on ebay so far
I'm not sure about the color
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'm just not sure at all:
Palutena - Kid Iicarus
Radiant Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #4350
Chiloves1
Cosplay Dreamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Tori View Post
I'm looking for a wig for my Sailor Neptune cosplay and was wondering if anybody could help me out. Is there anywhere else that I could find one? I have no experience with dying or wig styling at all. btw

These are the only two good looking wigs I found on ebay so far
I'm not sure about the color

I'm just not sure at all:

I bought my friend her Sailor Neptune wig from EpicCosplay and we bought this wig: http://www.epiccosplay.com/20-curly-...splay-wig.html I think it's the perfect color for Neptune. It's very soft and packaged nicely. I highly recommend them. The wig looks exactly like the picture! ^-^

I recommend storing this type of wig on a wig head to keep the bangs from going flat and properly on a place that isn't hard to reach, like a closet or dresser.

It just makes you feel like Neptune. By the way, I posted a few pictures of her.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My_Neptuuune.JPG (140.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg My_Neptuuune1.JPG (176.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg My_Neptuuune3.JPG (173.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg My_Neptuuune4.JPG (172.7 KB, 0 views)