Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 214 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-05-2010, 05:02 AM   #4366
Solai Tsukada
Ramen Slurper

Those are lovely, Akane. They look just like Luna's. :3

Nom-Con '11
Kurama - Yu Yu Hakusho (0%)
Duo Maxwell - Gundam Wing (5%)

EirtaKon '11
Edea - Final Fantasy VIII (0%)
Litchi Faye Ling - BlazBlue (5%)
Solai Tsukada is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-05-2010, 06:28 AM   #4367
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarinalove View Post
Can anyone help me with getting a figure skating pattern?

Since the Butterick one is discontinued, and you can only get the Green pepper one online, are there any alternitives out there?
That possibly don't require me making a circle skirt (Which wastes fabric)
I think I'm going to make a Sailor Saturn cosplay since I have some purple fabric lying around. :}
Although, I don't know if I should do the normal Saturn or Eternal.
I personally think (and everyone should know this by now lol) is that the Green Pepper one is your best bet. It has three choices of skirts which are the: Skating skirts, circle skirt and the straight skirt so you can makey your choice. This is a really good pattern to do especially if you want to make the Eternal fukus.
But if you don't want to buy online, then might I suggest going into your local fabric store and trying to find a similar pattern in there? Surely there would be at least one ice skating pattern there. Ask the clerks for recommendation
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #4368
EriBear18

Quote:
Can anyone help me with getting a figure skating pattern?

Since the Butterick one is discontinued, and you can only get the Green pepper one online, are there any alternitives out there?
I think I'm going to make a Sailor Saturn cosplay since I have some purple fabric lying around. :}
Although, I don't know if I should do the normal Saturn or Eternal.
well since you live in washington i can help! i got my Green Pepper skating pattern at the Joann's in crossroads there were a tone of them.

In other news I finally orderd my base fabric for my Sailor Jupiter Costume and I orderd my boots too. I really hope these boots work they are almost perfect!

Last edited by EriBear18 : 07-05-2010 at 02:19 PM.
EriBear18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #4369
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Quote:
How does a circle skirt waste fabric? Sorry if that's a dumb question.
------------------
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #4370
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solai Tsukada View Post
Those are lovely, Akane. They look just like Luna's. :3

Thanks! I was quite impressed with them myself xD

Today I'm working on repainting my starlight microphone and doing new brooches for all three starlights. The resin is curing right now. I wanna keep them clear and put the gold foil behind them. But the mold had some paint in it from the original brooche when i made a mold from it. So if it comes off on the resin I'll just paint them gold. No biggy.

Only downside is I got resin on my hands because I didn't have anymore gloves, so now they're too sticky to work with fabric today. So I'm working on craft stuff. ^^

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #4371
Chiloves1
Cosplay Dreamin

So, after my long winding posts and still want to discuss more, I decided to take a moment and post the pictures of me as Haruka. This is my first attempt!

I'm not done with this character, but for something that was thrown together in a week, I'm pretty satisfied with how it looks.

The first picture (Sailor Generic) was a picture from a website - I don't know the name of the site I got it from. (Sorry) I saved the picture on my computer and use it as reference. I often refer to this when I need to describe a Sailor Senshi costume.

Back to my discussion on my Haruka cosplay. I feel pretty pleased with it, there was definitely a few things I'll probably change in the next 2-4 months and by change I mean I want to add bias tape over the lines of the tie. It's really hard to find that actual tie, but I felt lucky it was a color that actually matched my Michiru and her outfit. We were left with only days to spare, and we did see many skirts that would have worked for her school uniform, but even the biggest size plaid skirt didn't fit her.

But when we found this dress on sale, she felt pretty pleased. And she does look really nice in that color and she did her own makeup too!

I searched 4 Value Village stores before coming to this blazer - I bought for $5 and it fit me perfect, plus it's the perfect color I needed too. We had to buy the dress shirt, cause the one I had in my closet was too feminine, and not Haruka-esque. The socks were my own, and the shoes were also bought from Value Village.

We bought a size 10, to give me some height cause I'm nowhere near Haruka's true height of 5'8, I'm really 5'5. I don't work well with heels, but these heels felt pretty comfortable and they a woman's shoe, though they look more for a man to me. XD

The wig was bought weeks before the phtosohoot. We wanted to get our wigs in first, since they were our first priority and luckily she and I spotted one and on sale for $25, I was so lucky this was the one we thought would be pretty good for Haruka. I wasn't really wanting to go the Marketplace here and buy a new one and fear it would not reach me in time.

Again, I'm very pleased with how everything went. I desperately want to do Eternal Sailor Uranus. It's hard not to want to, those outfits are so pretty. The only thing is I might wait until 2011. I'm still working on doing more Sailor Moon cosplay - I've got a Eternal Sailor Moon from the Manga lined up for Anime Evolution 2010! - It's a costume I bought from here on the Marketplace, and it includes all the accessories + boots.

Attached Images
File Type: png SailorGeneric.png (155.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Haruka_Cosplay.JPG (179.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Haruka_Cosplay1.JPG (198.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Haruka_Michiru_2gether.JPG (199.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Chiloves1 : 07-05-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Chiloves1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #4372
RoseHanabira

Hi all!

After many years of fantasizing, I'm finally going to be working on a Sailor Saturn cosplay for next year, her first appearance in the anime (with the crystal broach). I have so many questions to ask, but for now I'll just ask about the hair.

I have short so-dark-brown-it-looks-like-black hair naturally (a bob cut), but without bangs, and I'm not willing to get bangs for the sake of cosplay (grew them out when I was a teenager, never going back). I'm also a bit of a stickler for accuracy. I re-watched her anime appearance and her hair looks black with purple highlights, which to me suggests it's really dark purple hair. I had thought think the most accurate thing to do would be to find a really dark purple wig, and my original thought was a Black Cherry Clover from the Cosworx site, but from looking at the pictures in the Wigs in Action thread it looks like it can be quite purple. So I'm left a bit perplexed; is there any wig that exists that won't look too purple? Someone had commented on this earlier in the thread for Mars, but I'm not sure what the outcome of that was.

Any suggestions? Should I wait for the Black Cherry Clover to be restocked, or should I say "no way to be 100% accurate here" and go after a black wig? Or should I go with the possibility of fake bangs? I'm hesitant on both; I don't want to order a full wig without knowing how the colour will look, but my hair has a tendency to get lighter in the summer and is starting to look more brown than black, and I'll be wearing Saturn for summer conventions.
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #4373
Kiichigo

@RoseHanabira = How do you feel about dying a wig? That way you can make it really, really dark but still have the purple tints
Kiichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #4374
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...

I agree with Kiichigo, I had a friend dye a black wig with black sharpies. That gave it the purple highlights while in the sunlight and stuff but still looked black otherwise.

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #4375
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiloves1 View Post

So, after my long winding posts and still want to discuss more, I decided to take a moment and post the pictures of me as Haruka. This is my first attempt!

I'm not done with this character, but for something that was thrown together in a week, I'm pretty satisfied with how it looks.

The first picture (Sailor Generic) was a picture from a website - I don't know the name of the site I got it from. (Sorry) I saved the picture on my computer and use it as reference. I often refer to this when I need to describe a Sailor Senshi costume.

Back to my discussion on my Haruka cosplay. I feel pretty pleased with it, there was definitely a few things I'll probably change in the next 2-4 months and by change I mean I want to add bias tape over the lines of the tie. It's really hard to find that actual tie, but I felt lucky it was a color that actually matched my Michiru and her outfit. We were left with only days to spare, and we did see many skirts that would have worked for her school uniform, but even the biggest size plaid skirt didn't fit her.

But when we found this dress on sale, she felt pretty pleased. And she does look really nice in that color and she did her own makeup too!

I searched 4 Value Village stores before coming to this blazer - I bought for $5 and it fit me perfect, plus it's the perfect color I needed too. We had to buy the dress shirt, cause the one I had in my closet was too feminine, and not Haruka-esque. The socks were my own, and the shoes were also bought from Value Village.

We bought a size 10, to give me some height cause I'm nowhere near Haruka's true height of 5'8, I'm really 5'5. I don't work well with heels, but these heels felt pretty comfortable and they a woman's shoe, though they look more for a man to me. XD

The wig was bought weeks before the phtosohoot. We wanted to get our wigs in first, since they were our first priority and luckily she and I spotted one and on sale for $25, I was so lucky this was the one we thought would be pretty good for Haruka. I wasn't really wanting to go the Marketplace here and buy a new one and fear it would not reach me in time.

Again, I'm very pleased with how everything went. I desperately want to do Eternal Sailor Uranus. It's hard not to want to, those outfits are so pretty. The only thing is I might wait until 2011. I'm still working on doing more Sailor Moon cosplay - I've got a Eternal Sailor Moon from the Manga lined up for Anime Evolution 2010! - It's a costume I bought from here on the Marketplace, and it includes all the accessories + boots.

I must say, you have done a brilliant job with putting together a cosplay that looks that good in just a week I'd love to see more photo's to get a better view of the whole costume, especially with your Michiru. You're both so adorable in the photos :3

Unread 07-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #4376
Pudding-chan

Hi everyone! After a fantastical dream about the Sailor Moon cast, I recently decided to cosplay from the show! (obviously this dream was a sign after all!) But now it's just a question of where to begin! There's so many wonderful characters and costumes....
Venomania Gumi
Ponyo!

facebook
Pudding-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #4377
RoseHanabira

@Kiichigo: I'm a bit hesitant about it, but I could give it a try. I dyed fabric for a cosplay last year, so I'm a little bit more open to it, though I'd definitely need to read up on how to do so first. I'm still a bit worried about not knowing what the end result will be until all is said and done, but it's another option I'll think about.

Akane, that sounds just like what I'd want! So I'd use a black wig, and use black sharpies for the dye, is that right? Not purple sharpies?

Last edited by RoseHanabira : 07-05-2010 at 04:51 PM.
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #4378
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaneSaotome View Post
Finished Human Luna's anklet! Here's the pic of all three. The picture makes the beads look dull but they're actually really sparkley. The diamond beads are swarovski crystal elements, and the gold pearls have a glitter look to them. The moons are all hand made from scupley and painted, adding a gold sheen and glitter to the top before clear coating them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/DSCF3210.jpg
Jewelery looks Beautifull. *_*

And I look forward to seeing your finished human Luna dress..Im sure are going to solve it.
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #4379
Chiloves1
Cosplay Dreamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Steffi-x View Post
I must say, you have done a brilliant job with putting together a cosplay that looks that good in just a week I'd love to see more photo's to get a better view of the whole costume, especially with your Michiru. You're both so adorable in the photos :3
Aww you're such a sweet person, I have to return your compliment now because that does mean so much to hear! honestly I love meeting new people who share the same love and passion for Sailor Moon cosplay so it's nice to meet people like you on cosplay.com

And by the way having you giving me feedback has been very helpful! I'm really starting to enjoy doing more Sailor Moon cosplay because of sweet people like you.

Haruka is definitely a great cosplay! I can't believe it myself I only had a week of putting that whole thing together. My Michiru did not appear in many of my photos that day. She too busy taking her own pictures. XD

She and I are now currently working on for later this month on Princess Uranus and Neptune since we bought our dresses, mine was so easy to find but for some reason I can't find blue shoes without heels. That's the only thing I'm missing.

I like the fact that my friend and I found our jewelry at Aredens. It's an accessories store much like Claire's Accessories. I don't know if you've heard of it or not. They had very color of the rainbow with the rain/teardrop necklace that the Inner and Outer Senshi Princesses wear.

I like the feeling of being Haruka, she has always had this special place in my heart and she just makes you feel cool and confident. I'm more Usagi most times but Haruka makes me feel something stronger and masculine.

Oh another note about a certain picture I've uploaded here, those flower petals were NOT photoshopped. This was an idea I had where I had a friend throw up some flower petals into the air like how most times whenever Haruka and Michiru were near cherry blossom petals were around them. It was all about creativity when it came down to it.

You know the funny thing about the picture is my Michiru is taller. We found it funny how most times if she stood next to me or sat down, she was still slightly taller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Haruka_Alone.jpg (134.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg reading_manga.JPG (119.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ruka+michi2gether.jpg (102.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg usagi+haruka.jpg (112.5 KB, 0 views)
Chiloves1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #4380
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Aww you're such a sweet person, I have to return your compliment now because that does mean so much to hear! honestly I love meeting new people who share the same love and passion for Sailor Moon cosplay so it's nice to meet people like you on cosplay.com

And by the way having you giving me feedback has been very helpful! I'm really starting to enjoy doing more Sailor Moon cosplay because of sweet people like you.
D'aww, you're very very welcome! I like leaving feedback because it is helpful to the cosplayer and it's just a nice thing to do! I like encouraging other to do what like because it gives you a sense of freedom in order to do this and knowing people are there to back you up in the process!
Positivity (is that even a word?) goes a long way

Quote:
Haruka is definitely a great cosplay! I can't believe it myself I only had a week of putting that whole thing together. My Michiru did not appear in many of my photos that day. She too busy taking her own pictures. XD

She and I are now currently working on for later this month on Princess Uranus and Neptune since we bought our dresses, mine was so easy to find but for some reason I can't find blue shoes without heels. That's the only thing I'm missing.
Both Haruka and Michiru are great characters to cosplay, there has been growing popularity of these too, but though, I prefer to cosplay Sailor Moon because she appeals to me the most. But I love those who cosplay this couple <3

Quote:
I like the fact that my friend and I found our jewelry at Aredens. It's an accessories store much like Claire's Accessories. I don't know if you've heard of it or not. They had very color of the rainbow with the rain/teardrop necklace that the Inner and Outer Senshi Princesses wear.
I love Claire's but I think I've heard of Areden before, but accessories stores are the shiz and always have something relating to Sailor Moon intended or not. I find I go to normal clothes shops like Peacocks or New Look and they have pieces of jewellery that resemble a part of a senshi. Like for example, I recently saw these perfect rose earrings that could be used for a Sailor Jupiter or Makoto (Lita) cosplay :P

Quote:
I like the feeling of being Haruka, she has always had this special place in my heart and she just makes you feel cool and confident. I'm more Usagi most times but Haruka makes me feel something stronger and masculine.
Same with me and Usagi/ Sailor Moon. Her personailty reflects mine so I enjoy cosplaying her.

Quote:
Oh another note about a certain picture I've uploaded here, those flower petals were NOT photoshopped. This was an idea I had where I had a friend throw up some flower petals into the air like how most times whenever Haruka and Michiru were near cherry blossom petals were around them. It was all about creativity when it came down to it.

You know the funny thing about the picture is my Michiru is taller. We found it funny how most times if she stood next to me or sat down, she was still slightly taller.
Beautiful! The background, the atmosphere and of course the cosplayers, it all works perfectly together. Especially the picture with the flower petals, it's so original and it is now my personal favourite photo <3 But the thing is, the background in your first picture makes you stand out immaculately, because when I first saw that picture, my attention was quickly focused on you and it's hard to get good shots with a perfect background and stuff - so you've nailed it pretty much.

Unlike in my case where there isn't much pretty areas near me, so I can't take great photo's, I might need to go find somewhere.. My friend is excellent at photography so she can be my photographer...hm..