Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 199 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #4381
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x
 
x-Steffi-x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding-chan View Post
Hi everyone! After a fantastical dream about the Sailor Moon cast, I recently decided to cosplay from the show! (obviously this dream was a sign after all!) But now it's just a question of where to begin! There's so many wonderful characters and costumes....
Sailor Moon dreams are always awesome :3

Anyway, firstly, you need to decide which version you want to cosplay from, like either from the manga, anime, live action (PGSM) or the musicals (Sera Myu).

Next you need to decide which character appeals to you most, this could be based off your likes, or which ever character you think you look like and know you can pull off.

Then next, well, is the part where you decide whether you want to buy/commission your costume or to make it yourself. And then go from there...

If you want to make it then advice is available, just ask when ever you finished deciding all of the above.

AWFGKNUK@ZFD, I write too much in my posts xD
__________________
~Future/Planned Cosplays~
Sera Myu Eternal Sailor Moon - Sera Myu Musicals - 95%
Mew Berry (Café version) - Tokyo Mew Mew Á la Mode
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 07-05-2010, 06:04 PM   #4382
Pudding-chan
Registered User
 
Pudding-chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Steffi-x View Post
Sailor Moon dreams are always awesome :3

Anyway, firstly, you need to decide which version you want to cosplay from, like either from the manga, anime, live action (PGSM) or the musicals (Sera Myu).

Next you need to decide which character appeals to you most, this could be based off your likes, or which ever character you think you look like and know you can pull off.

Then next, well, is the part where you decide whether you want to buy/commission your costume or to make it yourself. And then go from there...

If you want to make it then advice is available, just ask when ever you finished deciding all of the above.

AWFGKNUK@ZFD, I write too much in my posts xD
I know; I've had like three dreams about it this year, which is unusual for me, so I took it as a sign.

But anyway, thank you so much for your advice! I think I'll just make a list of all the characters I want to be, and then take it one costume at a time, based on my sewing ability and wig skills! :3 I just need to decide quickly though because I'm going on vacation tomorrow and right next to where I'm staying is a giant fabric paradise (aka depot)!
__________________
Upcoming Cosplay
Sailor Moon
Cantarella Miku
Venomania Gumi
Ponyo!


facebook
Pudding-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #4383
Chiloves1
Cosplay Dreamin
 
Chiloves1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 168
This is a post discussion about my Sailor Uranus and Neptune props and I've got to say that I'm so happy with them. Every time, I look at them it makes me smile.

As I said, in a few posts back about these, they were made by a prop commissioner by the name of Sailor Moon Cosplay. The reason for posting about them is here is for the curious or fan of Sailor Moon. I am by no means a prop commissioner myself, but the guy who made them for me means so much because he did such a fantastic job, I did write a review on him on The Commissioner Review Thread as well.

His props are just one example of what he can do. These props are made and crafted by someone who is very good and I love his work, and let me be clear to anyone who wants one made, he really is the person to go to. He is fast with his service as he is with his response and is always the person to go to and always keeps you daily informed 100%.

His prices are right, because all his props are well crafted and he can make every one of our Sailor Moon Prop dreams come true. Which means ebay might be good for some things, but if you don't want to pay $100+ for a prop he is the person to really turn to for making stuff.

As I said, I have only just these props made an am hoping for more. I can tell you that if anybody is going to make something that will make you proud, then get him to make you your own prop. You name it, and he'll look into making it work for you.

The Commissioner Review Thread:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...47#post3492047

http://twitter.com/SMCosplays
http://www.youtube.com/user/sailormooncosplay
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/smcosplay?ref=ts

Website:
http://www.smcosplay.com/
Email:
cosplay@sailormoon.com
Chiloves1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #4384
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini
 
tarinalove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 993
Okay so I went to JoAnn's today, and my mom found a green pepper skating pattern! So we bought it. :}

I also bought a really awesome McCall's skirt pattern that I'm going to use to make my Chibiusa school girl skirt. :} I forgot to get a zipper though, so I might have to go talk to my neighbor to see if she has a spare zipper (and if she can help me install it).

Anyways, thanks everyone for the info, and I looked over the ice skating pattern/instructions, and it doesn't seem too hard. But I won't be starting on that for a while.
__________________
Go like and comment on my page!

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #4385
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...
 
AkaneSaotome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseHanabira View Post
@Kiichigo: I'm a bit hesitant about it, but I could give it a try. I dyed fabric for a cosplay last year, so I'm a little bit more open to it, though I'd definitely need to read up on how to do so first. I'm still a bit worried about not knowing what the end result will be until all is said and done, but it's another option I'll think about.

Akane, that sounds just like what I'd want! So I'd use a black wig, and use black sharpies for the dye, is that right? Not purple sharpies?
Yup. Since black sharpies aren't black anymore after you add alcohol, its actually a dark purple color. Purple sharpies would give it more of a purple feel rather than black with purple highlights. But i know for a fact it was black sharpies. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma 1-2 View Post
Jewelery looks Beautifull. *_*

And I look forward to seeing your finished human Luna dress..Im sure are going to solve it.
Thank you sooo much. I also had like a great idea today on how to do the dress using a pattern i found, so i'm gonna buy really cheap fabric and see if it'll work out. I hope it does. *crosses fingers*
__________________

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #4386
caisse
the sugoi princess
 
caisse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 932
PHEW.

Finally got the courage to start my SM wig today... and after three hours of sitting on my floor, I've made her first odango! It's a bit loose in places (so not a perfectly-polished bun) but I kind of wanted it that way, I guess. Maybe subconsciously I wanted it to look messy and natural, as if Usagi just styled it in the morning as she always does, you know?

I've still got some more "extra hairs" to cover that odango with and of course another odango to make... but all in all I'm VERY excited with how this is turning out! =D
__________________

katsucon 2012
friday;; feferi peixes [homestuck] | ramona flowers [scott pilgrim]
saturday;; stocking anarchy [pswg] | catherine [catherine]
sunday meenah peixes [homestuck]

caisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #4387
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x
 
x-Steffi-x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiloves1 View Post
This is a post discussion about my Sailor Uranus and Neptune props and I've got to say that I'm so happy with them. Every time, I look at them it makes me smile.

As I said, in a few posts back about these, they were made by a prop commissioner by the name of Sailor Moon Cosplay. The reason for posting about them is here is for the curious or fan of Sailor Moon. I am by no means a prop commissioner myself, but the guy who made them for me means so much because he did such a fantastic job, I did write a review on him on The Commissioner Review Thread as well.

His props are just one example of what he can do. These props are made and crafted by someone who is very good and I love his work, and let me be clear to anyone who wants one made, he really is the person to go to. He is fast with his service as he is with his response and is always the person to go to and always keeps you daily informed 100%.

His prices are right, because all his props are well crafted and he can make every one of our Sailor Moon Prop dreams come true. Which means ebay might be good for some things, but if you don't want to pay $100+ for a prop he is the person to really turn to for making stuff.

As I said, I have only just these props made an am hoping for more. I can tell you that if anybody is going to make something that will make you proud, then get him to make you your own prop. You name it, and he'll look into making it work for you.

The Commissioner Review Thread:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...47#post3492047

http://twitter.com/SMCosplays
http://www.youtube.com/user/sailormooncosplay
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/smcosplay?ref=ts

Website:
http://www.smcosplay.com/
Email:
cosplay@sailormoon.com
Ooh! thanks for the recommendation I might look into this guy. But I thihnk this time round I will be buying my props from Southern Moon Creations (Neo-Queen Serenity crown, earrings and odango gems), all for $41 including shipping to the UK

@tarina: Good find! I also need to know how to install a zipper lol, but I don't need to worry about that yet.

@caisse: Ooh, good luck with finishing your wig! Don't forget to add photos when you're done.
__________________
~Future/Planned Cosplays~
Sera Myu Eternal Sailor Moon - Sera Myu Musicals - 95%
Mew Berry (Café version) - Tokyo Mew Mew Á la Mode
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 07:55 AM   #4388
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin
 
UsakoLuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,760
Steffi- I ordered a brooch from southern moon creations and emailed her several times asking about when it will ship with no response. (by serveral I mean once the night I ordered it requesting tracking numbers when it did ship and again 4 days later and I plan to email her this afternoon) I ordered it a week ago Monday. Did you hear back from her quickly or did it take a while? I don't mean to be nosy, it just nervous when online sellers take my money but don't respond to my email (I ordered thru the etsy store)
__________________
Wanna hear me ramble?
@usakoluna
Amusement of A Princess
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #4389
Solai Tsukada
Ramen Slurper
 
Solai Tsukada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 293
When did you buy the brooch, Usako? It took about a month and a half to get my items (two custom made), but if you're getting one of the pictured brooches it might take 3 or 4 weeks for her to make it and ship it.
__________________
Q-Con '11
Kuja - Final Fantasy IX (0%)

Nom-Con '11
Kurama - Yu Yu Hakusho (0%)
Duo Maxwell - Gundam Wing (5%)

EirtaKon '11
Edea - Final Fantasy VIII (0%)
Litchi Faye Ling - BlazBlue (5%)
Solai Tsukada is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #4390
Reiko_Mikashima
Tophat X Belt
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 62
hey, have you guys ever seen a really good sailor cosplay?? im trying to find one
Reiko_Mikashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 10:04 AM   #4391
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin
 
UsakoLuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,760
I bought it a week ago from her etsy store. I'm not so much concerned about when it ships as the lack of communication. I just want an estimated ship date, which is a perfectly reasonable request. I plan on emailing her again today, just see if she recieved my other email. I'm not used to not getting responses a week later.
__________________
Wanna hear me ramble?
@usakoluna
Amusement of A Princess
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #4392
Solai Tsukada
Ramen Slurper
 
Solai Tsukada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 293
I didn't get any communication after I ordered mine, they just came and I told her about it.

I think her main site (http://southernmooncreations.webs.com/) says she has alot of orders to fill and is late in pregnancy.
__________________
Q-Con '11
Kuja - Final Fantasy IX (0%)

Nom-Con '11
Kurama - Yu Yu Hakusho (0%)
Duo Maxwell - Gundam Wing (5%)

EirtaKon '11
Edea - Final Fantasy VIII (0%)
Litchi Faye Ling - BlazBlue (5%)
Solai Tsukada is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #4393
Emrys
Registered User
 
Emrys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Steffi- I ordered a brooch from southern moon creations and emailed her several times asking about when it will ship with no response. (by serveral I mean once the night I ordered it requesting tracking numbers when it did ship and again 4 days later and I plan to email her this afternoon) I ordered it a week ago Monday. Did you hear back from her quickly or did it take a while? I don't mean to be nosy, it just nervous when online sellers take my money but don't respond to my email (I ordered thru the etsy store)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solai Tsukada View Post
When did you buy the brooch, Usako? It took about a month and a half to get my items (two custom made), but if you're getting one of the pictured brooches it might take 3 or 4 weeks for her to make it and ship it.
I thought Etsy stores were only supposed to sell pre-made items that are ready to ship, and anything custom made needs to be discussed and approved through their Alchemy service or other venue like the seller's personal website (though Etsy doesn't want you to do that since they don't get commission that way).

If you just bought something straight from an Etsy listing and had no discussion with the seller to custom make an item then legally (according to Etsy terms) you bought a pre-made item and the seller is "obligated to ship the order or otherwise complete the transaction with the buyer in a prompt manner." It sounds kind of sketchy if they're selling you something that doesn't exist or hasn't been made yet, especially since a lot can vary with handmade items.
Emrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #4394
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x
 
x-Steffi-x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Steffi- I ordered a brooch from southern moon creations and emailed her several times asking about when it will ship with no response. (by serveral I mean once the night I ordered it requesting tracking numbers when it did ship and again 4 days later and I plan to email her this afternoon) I ordered it a week ago Monday. Did you hear back from her quickly or did it take a while? I don't mean to be nosy, it just nervous when online sellers take my money but don't respond to my email (I ordered thru the etsy store)
I asked her not to long ago about what the total of my chosen items plus shipping to the UK would be and I got a response in like a day. And she was very polite. So don't worry about it, a week is like nothing, I would expect commissioned items to take longer than a week and she did state that she was busy and is currently heavily pregnant.

Update: I went to the fabric store with my friend today and I wanted to see the two chosen bridal satins that I saw on the fabric store's website for myself. And I didn't like one of the choices, so I went with the Dupion Backed Satin which is really gorgeous and doesn't have that horrible shine to it. I also saw some see-through fabric I was intending to use on top of the Dupion Satin to give the whole dress a draped effect and I think it was georgette. I did want to go with crinkled chiffon, but I think the georgette is more promising, and it is cheaper than the chiffon :P Gold PVC will be used to for the gold rings and I hope to line them with gold sequins or beads for added effect <3 I have my Neo-Queen Serenity cosplay all planned out!
__________________
~Future/Planned Cosplays~
Sera Myu Eternal Sailor Moon - Sera Myu Musicals - 95%
Mew Berry (Café version) - Tokyo Mew Mew Á la Mode
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #4395
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin
 
UsakoLuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,760
I didn't commission it though, and etsy is supposed to be all ready made things. Again, I'm only worried at the lack of communication. She's also added more items to her store since I ordered which is why I'm wondering why I didn't receive a response. But I will give her a few more days before trying again.
__________________
Wanna hear me ramble?
@usakoluna
Amusement of A Princess
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.