Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 169 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #4831
EriBear18

I havn't made any progress on my costume but I did make a dressform out of duct tape and i'm really excited to see how it works out!
EriBear18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-04-2010, 11:26 PM   #4832
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousity View Post
Thanks so much for showing me that! But I have one question: what is the true color of the wig? It seemed to change in each picture.
Yeah I noticed that too. The first 2 are with the flash and the third is without. Its color #24 from the new look line. Its like a butterscotch blonde. It'd say its about the same as the pictures with flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarinalove View Post
You are. Everything you do comes out amazing. :}

And I was wondering how much your Chibiusa wig costs? I posted a comment on your website, but I think it's just easier to talk to you here. :}
Awe thanks.

My e-mail didn't even tell me there was a new comment on the site, it normally does! Whats up with that! <.< But I would charge $160 for a chibi-usa wig. The only problem is, the one I originally made is out of 3 halloween wigs, and obviously thats not what I'd use for commissions. xD And it was made many moons ago. But with all my experience now with wigs and foamcore it'd look probably better. There's many methods I can use to go about it. I still need to remake one for myself one day. ^^

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 12:11 AM   #4833
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaneSaotome View Post
Awe thanks.
My e-mail didn't even tell me there was a new comment on the site, it normally does! Whats up with that! <.< But I would charge $160 for a chibi-usa wig. The only problem is, the one I originally made is out of 3 halloween wigs, and obviously thats not what I'd use for commissions. xD And it was made many moons ago. But with all my experience now with wigs and foamcore it'd look probably better. There's many methods I can use to go about it. I still need to remake one for myself one day. ^^
Hahaha really?! Well I like it anyhow. :}
I think I'm gonna have to wait a year to order one... Just so I have the money. Unless I come out rich really quick. Haha, being poor is lame. D:

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 12:15 AM   #4834
AkaneSaotome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarinalove View Post
Hahaha really?! Well I like it anyhow. :}
I think I'm gonna have to wait a year to order one... Just so I have the money. Unless I come out rich really quick. Haha, being poor is lame. D:
Well I'm not pushing you to order from me, but I do payment plans too, for as long as you need. Just letting you know for the future. :3

I understand how the money situation goes, we've all been there. Cosplay is an expensive hobby. :/

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Unread 09-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #4835
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

@akane; oh I know. and yes it is... I just wish I could afford it... But I have like way too much to make and order. And really have to budget...

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #4836
Rayearthblue
Hime-sama

Sooooo, i ended up starting my neo queen serenity cosplay a lot sooner than i had planned, got most of the material cut out so its just a matter of sewing it all together and attaching the ribbons and beading. any thoughts on how to make the bow/wings ? i honestly am at a loss on where to even start on those.

Yoko RitonaMio AkiyamaMaka AlbarnFate Testarossa
Souji SetaMetisSleeping beautyGiratinaTieria ErdeLacus ClyneAlto Saotome
Xionfemale protangonistAnew ReturnerAigisNeo Sailor Mercury
Rayearthblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #4837
jjcpammc09

What is the name or website that sells the innocent wig and extenions? I can't think right now my brain is all jabbled up and because my ex bf whiped out my computer of everything. I have to get all my tutorials that I saved on my computer back, it sucks.
jjcpammc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 11:44 PM   #4838
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

@jjcpammc09 amphigory.com is the site you're thinking of. I just placed an order there for the same items.
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #4839
jjcpammc09

Kewl thank you so much.
jjcpammc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #4840
OpheliaCat8

Hello, peoples!
I'm just saying hi as I embark on my journey to create a Sailor Jupiter costume. I did one once when I was 12 and it turned out.....about as well as a 12-year-old could make it by herself. But this time I wanna do everything right, so I'll be looking for your guidance when I get stuck. Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu!

Stuff I'm working on:
- Relm Arrowny; Final Fantasy VI
- Great Fairy; Legend of Zelda:OOT

Stuff I've done:
- Lulu; Final Fantasy X
- Sailor Jupiter; Sailor Moon Stars
- Kanae Kotonami; Skip Beat!

Stuff I want to do:
- Robin Sena; Witch Hunter Robin
- Impa; Legend of Zelda:OOT
- Rita Repulsa; Power Rangers
OpheliaCat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #4841
Emberly

Alright! I'm entering the fray. Time to dig in and finally start work on my Sailor Saturn cosplay. I started working on her like three, four years ago when I went ahead and bought cosworks "China Girl" wig in black for her- I think? Well, either way, the wig is still waiting for some more use and I have started on the costume.

I went ahead and went for satin, because as a thing of my childhood I wholeheartedly imagine fukus in all sorts of shiny, glittery, sparkly goodness. I've constructed the broach, both bows, and the choker for the costume. I am making a pleated circle skirt for the skirt, and have 4 yards of waiting purple satin.

Then last night I scavenged a mattress pad someone was tossing. Oh yes. I now have hip rolls, and work on the glove rolls- purchased gloves at JoAnns that don't quite fit right, but I'm working on it!

So what's missing... oh yes.

A leotard. Kind of important, right? I'm buying, not making- it seems like a lot cheaper, and less hassle. So what I was looking at?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

that one. But is the front too low? I'm worried it won't work with the collar from... Lyneigh? who has a pattern on her site. I wasn't sure if that would be too low, but looking at this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Capezio-Womens...ref=pd_sbs_a_3

it seems like it might be too high... and show the white under the collar.

Suggestions?
Emberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #4842
han-pan

Emberly, it'd be an easy decision for me! Rather too high than too low: You seem to have at your disposal the ability to sew, so why not go for the one that is too high and custom fit it for the collar? Just a few snips and a hem if you're picky. :]

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 11:28 PM   #4843
AkaneSaotome

So I ditched the idea of getting new shoes for Sailor V. I just don't have the money to spend on shoes. :/ So I went to my local thrift store and found some black heels with a long ankle strap thats suppose to wrap twice. I painted them blue and shortened the ankle straps to be one strap and this was the outcome:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/DSCF5072.jpg

all in all I guess I'm happy with them. I also finished the gloves today, and the brooch has been sanded as is ready for painting. It's just little tediuos things I need to do next. :/ Details always take the longest.

Edit: Also pardon the paleness of my skin, its blinding I know. xD

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Unread 09-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #4844
han-pan

Holy cow, Akane they really do look gorgeous. <3 Nice job on them!! I can never find thrift store steals like that! xD

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #4845
RoseHanabira

Emberly, I'm going to be attempting a Sailor Saturn cosplay myself. We'll be Saturn buddies! I agree with han-pan, it's better to have too much than to have too little. You can always trim and take away, but especially in this case you can't really add on. Plus I think having more fabric underneath will give you more places to attach the collar onto after, the first one looks like the opening is a little wide at the shoulders.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to add, how did you make the broach? I keep going back and forth between making and buying, I'm insanely picky and want all the accessories to match (broach, choker and earrings), so I'm curious what you did!

Akane, wow, awesome work on those shoes! I can't wait to see the whole thing come together!

Last edited by RoseHanabira : 09-08-2010 at 09:57 AM.
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote