Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 124 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 09-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #4921
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

I am going to murder this stupid wig. Seriously, I am! I had no idea that wigs tangled so easily!!!! I'm going to try some silicone spray on it, but if that doesn't work......... *bangs head on desk*
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #4922
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousity View Post
I am going to murder this stupid wig. Seriously, I am! I had no idea that wigs tangled so easily!!!! I'm going to try some silicone spray on it, but if that doesn't work......... *bangs head on desk*
Oh trust me, you should've seen my wig at it's worst. I was about to throw away the pigtails because they looked as if it was mauled by my dog. But if they get real bad then you should buy some wig conditioner to smooth it out. But if it's ruined beyond recognition then what I did was I placed the pigtails in the bath tub and got the shower head and put it at it's hottest temperature and got a wide-toothed comb and started brush the hell out of it until it became straight. Trust me this works, but having wig conditioner will help but I didn't have this as I couldn't find any anywhere so I used normal hair conditioner. But yeah, Chiloves mentions once that if you want to store your wigs and keep them de-frizzed, place a plastic bag over them so they keep from getting dusty also

But if the main wig base is getting frizzy then just buy the wig conditioner in spray form and lightly wet the affected area with really hot water - then spray it and use a WIDE TOOTHED comb to straighten it. Don't use any electrical appliances on wigs (as they're made out of synthetic plastic fibre - because it'll melt) unless it's made out of 100% human hair.

You can use a hairdryer if you want the wig to dry quicker but put it on the COOL setting only - the best way to let wigs dry is by doing it naturally.

Boiling hot water WILL NOT melt your wig as it's water and it will run off the wig, trust me I've bathed my pigtails in boiling hot water and noting happened.

Good luck with your wig, you will fix it, just takes patience!
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

Last edited by x-Steffi-x : 09-18-2010 at 03:17 PM.
x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #4923
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Thanks, I'll try that. My leotard just came, and *bangs head on desk again* it's all see through. And the gloves are a bit small. I don't really want to send it back, because I doubt I could find anything better, but what am I supposed to do about this? Wear a white undershirt underneath? Or should I just send it back?

EDIT: I think I'm going to buy another leotard to layer under the one I already have. They're only 10 bucks, and it's pretty sheer.
------------------

Last edited by Fabulousity : 09-18-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Unread 09-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #4924
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

or wear a white bra and go underwearless. That should cover issues.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 04:57 AM   #4925
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Thanks, I'll try that. My leotard just came, and *bangs head on desk again* it's all see through. And the gloves are a bit small. I don't really want to send it back, because I doubt I could find anything better, but what am I supposed to do about this? Wear a white undershirt underneath? Or should I just send it back?

EDIT: I think I'm going to buy another leotard to layer under the one I already have. They're only 10 bucks, and it's pretty sheer.
After I made my leotard it was see-through so what I did was wear a white bra underneath and a tight-fitting white shirt that I already owned and it worked wonders! But if your willing to spare the $10 to buy another one then go ahead, doesn't do any harm - but if your trying to save money dig through your closet and find a white tank top or something or ask a friend if you can borrow one

Also... I'm so happy, my wings have actually worked! Yippee! They look fabulous but they're not finished, once I finish one of the other wings then I'll post a progress picture :]

Unread 09-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #4926
RoseHanabira

Am I missing a magic trick? Every time I had a white shirt, leotard, ANYTHING and wore a white bra, it showed through so bad. Maybe I'm missing the tight-fitting white shirt that Steffi used. Hmm...

If it were me, I'd use nude-coloured undergarments.

Great news on the wings Steffi!
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #4927
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Okay, was I completely wrong on the whole putting my wig in the shower thing? Because someone just told me that you aren't supposed to do that and it'll just make it a tangled mess O.o Did I completely ruin my wig?
------------------
Unread 09-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #4928
Solai Tsukada
Ramen Slurper

When I made my bodysuits for Venus and Neptune they were a bit sheer so my bra would show if it was white. I countered that by wearing a white tank top underneath the bodysuit for a full white effect as opposed to an off white when my skin showed.

Nom-Con '11
Kurama - Yu Yu Hakusho (0%)
Duo Maxwell - Gundam Wing (5%)

EirtaKon '11
Edea - Final Fantasy VIII (0%)
Litchi Faye Ling - BlazBlue (5%)
Solai Tsukada is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 02:46 PM   #4929
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseHanabira View Post
Am I missing a magic trick? Every time I had a white shirt, leotard, ANYTHING and wore a white bra, it showed through so bad. Maybe I'm missing the tight-fitting white shirt that Steffi used. Hmm...

Well, when you're wearing the finished fuku, where the bows sit on the chest, it's literally impossible to see the bra underneath, like my bow, it was big enough to cover it - and especially if you plan on making an extra part for the "bust armour" which'll guarantee opaque-ness.

@Fabulousity: Putting your wig in the shower won't ruin it (didn't for me, it fixed my mess of a wig), you just have to constantly comb it whilst pouring water over it and it'll straighten out eventually. Why don't you post a picture of the affected area you think needs fixing up because you didn't state where it was tangled. But the best thing to do is buy a wig conditioner as I said before - but I didn't have that so I had to do the best with what I had). I've seen many straightening and de-tangling tutorials that all say to pour hot water over the affected area of your wig, use wig conditioner then brush, then leave to dry.

Last edited by x-Steffi-x : 09-19-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Unread 09-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #4930
han-pan

Quote:

No, you're not missing a trick. You're absolutely right. If you have ANY white garment, white bras just SHOW underneath! I hated in school seeing that on my teachers ; n; (I worked in a bra store from 16 on.) Nude/beige/brown/whatever-your-skin-tone-is bras are the best to wear under any white.

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 03:39 PM   #4931
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Yes you are missing a magic trick. White swimsuits are lined inside with a white streatch mesh fabric. It stops the swimsuit looking semi transparent..even when wet.
At least, thats what is on the inside of mine. I belive the stuff is "Helenka mesh" -
this..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/White-stretch-...item41505e53e2
So if you can get hold of some, either eBy or local fabric market, it is another solution.
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #4932
RoseHanabira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma 1-2 View Post
Yes you are missing a magic trick. White swimsuits are lined inside with a white streatch mesh fabric. It stops the swimsuit looking semi transparent..even when wet.
At least, thats what is on the inside of mine. I belive the stuff is "Helenka mesh" -
this..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/White-stretch-...item41505e53e2
So if you can get hold of some, either eBy or local fabric market, it is another solution.
Oh thank-you once again Ranma! I think I remember seeing something like this at the local fabric store, definitely something to look into! I was wondering how you got your outfit to be so beautiful and opaque!
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 10:07 AM   #4933
EarthPrincess16

okay i want to know something about attaching the Roll Skirt and Back bow to a premade leotard. i want to know if it's okay cause i didn't want to spend $15 per yard for the fabric to make it out of an ice skater patteren.
EarthPrincess16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #4934
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Well, that's what I'm doing. I just bought a leotard from DiscountDance.com and I'm going to attach everything with snaps so that I don't have to keep buying new leotards every time I want to cosplay a different senshi.
------------------
Unread 09-21-2010, 11:01 AM   #4935
EarthPrincess16

Quote:
Well, that's what I'm doing. I just bought a leotard from DiscountDance.com and I'm going to attach everything with snaps so that I don't have to keep buying new leotards every time I want to cosplay a different senshi.
THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST SITE FOR HELP ON COSTUMES IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!
EarthPrincess16 is offline   Reply With Quote