Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 179 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #4936
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthPrincess16 View Post
THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST SITE FOR HELP ON COSTUMES IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!
Hehehe no problem! Which senshi are you doing again?
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #4937
jjcpammc09

Well I got my boots in from Halloween Express and lets just the I don't like them because I can't zip them up, I will have to improvise and somehow be able to wear them.
jjcpammc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #4938
RoseHanabira

Update! I went to Value Village with some friends today. So happy the Halloween stuff is in, I managed to buy some long white gloves. They fit a little bit awkwardly, but if making my own gloves doesn't work then I have a back-up plan, so yay!

The search for boots/shoes, however, didn't go so well. I'm thinking of raiding my closet and looking to see if I have an old pair that I might be able to use/sacrifice for Saturn's boots. I'm pretty dead set on making my own covers for the sake of having matching fabric, but I'm starting to waiver again, wondering if I should bite the bullet and try an online vendor, just because I hate looking for shoes/boots so damn much. >_<
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 04:32 AM   #4939
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseHanabira View Post
Update! I went to Value Village with some friends today. So happy the Halloween stuff is in, I managed to buy some long white gloves. They fit a little bit awkwardly, but if making my own gloves doesn't work then I have a back-up plan, so yay!

The search for boots/shoes, however, didn't go so well. I'm thinking of raiding my closet and looking to see if I have an old pair that I might be able to use/sacrifice for Saturn's boots. I'm pretty dead set on making my own covers for the sake of having matching fabric, but I'm starting to waiver again, wondering if I should bite the bullet and try an online vendor, just because I hate looking for shoes/boots so damn much. >_<
Someone posted a link on here a couple of months back that had great looking boots that looked exactly like Sailor Saturns' boots and they were the perfect colour as well - if you're desperate it may be worth flicking back a couple of pages.
I did find this site however and they do three different kinds of Sailor Saturn Boots, in three different shades of purple to match your cosplay:

http://www.cosplayboots.com/sailor-moon

And this one, but scroll down until you see Saturns' boots:

http://www.catzia.com/cosplayShoes.htm
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

Last edited by x-Steffi-x : 09-22-2010 at 04:41 AM.
x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 04:47 AM   #4940
sakura_petals

So even though my convention isn't until march next year I've already started the process of making/planning my Sera Myu Marina version of Eternal Sailor Moon. I've paid for my wig and have started planning and deciding how much of the costume is put together - I only have a few questions on that part.

1st - the wings!! What are they made of? How do they attach - is it just by sewing it in by the zipper or do you think there is more hidden support? Also I understand that it's mainly feathers boas, that sparkly material but what else is it made up of?

2nd - the circle skirts. If you're big like me and need a lot of material and want to make a circle skirt but the material you need only goes up to a certain width, how do you make a full circle skirt? <- Does this make sense?

I've also started considering a skit for the cosplay comp I'm entering as well. The only problem is that for a solo skit the max. time allowed is 1 min!! Now I've got 2 choices here and I want to know your opinion on them. The first is to do the english version of saying and actions (ie "I am Sailor Moon, champion of justice! On behalf of the moon, I will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means you!" plus the actions that go with it) or I've managed to edit Moonlight Densetsu to about 1.03min so I could do the musical dance to that song and lip sync to it. What do you think - the saying or the song?
sakura_petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 05:17 AM   #4941
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcpammc09 View Post
Well I got my boots in from Halloween Express and lets just the I don't like them because I can't zip them up, I will have to improvise and somehow be able to wear them.
Boots can be hard to get a matching fit as we all have different shape legs. My wife bought some she fell in love with but when they arrived she could not do the zips right up and was dissapointed. So I cut an expansion slit at the top where it was tightest. The slit turned into a V which looked like it was designed like that. And now she can wear them.

So if you are brave you could try snip expansion slits where it is tight and leave them as v's. Or you could sew some elastic across the slits - it's only like what they do with ankle boots sometimes. Then paint the elastic with fabric paint to match the colour of your boots = one pair of comfy custom fit SM boots.
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 11:09 AM   #4942
EarthPrincess16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousity View Post
Hehehe no problem! Which senshi are you doing again?
well i want to be Sailor Jupiter but if i can use one leotard for multiple senshi then i don't have to buy more leotards for other senshi i want to make. it works for me becaus i'm a cheap person. i'm trying to get more of the manga art work style where there is more of a shine look to the Sailor collar and other places and i found satin fabric at wal*mart for $2 a yard whitch is a great price^^ by the way. plus i'm going to try and make armor that separet from the leotard so that way i can use the armor for different senshi. so my friend and i were a little conserend about the roll and skirt issue. if you have tips and the armor i'd be happy to hear it. cause i had a neat idea about the rolls on the armor and the Sailor Collar a lond with the front bow is to also interchange them for other senshi so you can save money on any sailor moon costume that you want to be. plus if you got to an anime convention you can be Sailor Jupiter for 1 day and then you could be Super Sailor Jupiter the next Day if you want^^. well that's what i think i might do what do you think?
EarthPrincess16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #4943
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Well, for the moment, I'm staying away from the chest armor completely. Maybe in the future I'll use some foam to get that affect, but I don't think maybe people will notice that I don't have it now, since it's such a small detail. But I see you and I are on the same wavelength! I'm going to make EVERYTHING detachable, even the glove rolls, so that I can use the same leotard and gloves for Sailor Pluto, Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Saturn, Eternal Sailor Mars, and Super Sailor Mercury!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 02:36 PM   #4944
han-pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura_petals View Post

2nd - the circle skirts. If you're big like me and need a lot of material and want to make a circle skirt but the material you need only goes up to a certain width, how do you make a full circle skirt? <- Does this make sense?
My circle skirt was not one piece. :3 I cut it into quarters, and cut each of those quarters twice. It made the skirt nice and full and I was able to pleat it slightly so it worked really nicely. :3

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #4945
jjcpammc09

I think that this is crazy, a few months ago I order from Amphigory and they told me that they were out of stock of the silky in #22, but I still got it, now they're saying the same thing and I still didn't get my order in and I ordered with them about 3 weeks ago.
Unread 09-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #4946
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
I think that this is crazy, a few months ago I order from Amphigory and they told me that they were out of stock of the silky in #22, but I still got it, now they're saying the same thing and I still didn't get my order in and I ordered with them about 3 weeks ago.
Have you tried e-mailing them or calling their customer service line (if they have one), if not it my be worth filing a dispute with paypal (if you paid with paypal), to get them to respond then and then go from there. I've had this problem with an order and wasn't told that the item I wanted was "out of stock" so maybe your order got back-ordered.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #4947
jjcpammc09

I've e-mailed them twice and this second time no response yet, but I will keep posting if I know something about it.
Unread 09-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #4948
jjcpammc09

I'm sorry to double post, but why is the site dark elements down? It has been down for weeks now.
Unread 09-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #4949
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...

Quote:
I've e-mailed them twice and this second time no response yet, but I will keep posting if I know something about it.
Amphigory is out of all blonde colors 613, 22, and 24 silky straight extensions as is alot of extension sellers. The reason why you may have gotten them before is a shipment from the manufacturer probably came in a couple days to a week later, and since you didn't respond to her message she just sent out the order since you paid and didn't give her any instructions.

This time she's really sold out. I've been communicating with her about stock and she's been out of them for a while. So if you wait, you probably won't get them for months maybe longer. She needs to wait for the manufacturer to send orders to her before shipping them out. Thats another reason why her normal shipping takes so long as well. So at this point its not her fault that she didn't send the order. She asks if you want to cancel the extensions, or replace them with another kind if they're sold out. And if she doesn't get a response there's not much she can do, and just back orders it till she hears from you. She's always gotten back to me rather quickly alot of the time in the same day.

My suggestion is if you know how to do the hot water method for straightening wigs, order the #22 extension in the wave stitch and then just straighten them. I've done it numerous times. And last I knew she still had those in stock.

IN OTHER NEWS:

Sailor V is done! I just glued on her moon gem to her chocker! Sad part is, now I have to wait to wear her in Nov.

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #4950
han-pan

Awww Akane can't you just put it on for some quick pictureeesss??? We wanna see!!!

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote