Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 231 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #4951
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by han-pan View Post
Awww Akane can't you just put it on for some quick pictureeesss??? We wanna see!!!
Maybe later tonight, I have more sewing to do and probably a joanns run. xD

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #4952
jjcpammc09

She don't have #22 in stock either so I asked her if I could just get a whole new wig and hair extentions. I asked her if I could get the Power Bright Yellow Innocent wig and the Yellow Bright Yellow silky hair extentions, but she never answered me back about it.
jjcpammc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #4953
AkaneSaotome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcpammc09 View Post
She don't have #22 in stock either so I asked her if I could just get a whole new wig and hair extentions. I asked her if I could get the Power Bright Yellow Innocent wig and the Yellow Bright Yellow silky hair extentions, but she never answered me back about it.
Hmm weird. Yeah she hasn't had #22 for a little while. How long ago did you message her? She normally responds pretty quick. She never refunded you right? So she still has your order. Give her a little more time. Or she might have just replaced them already and while ship them out like normal. But she normally responds with a confirmation that she changed it.

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Unread 09-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #4954
RoseHanabira

I'm dying to see pictures too Akane! I'd love to see some, when you get the chance!

I've an update! I went out and bought clip-on bangs. I'm a bit paranoid that the colour doesn't match my hair EXACTLY, but my sister said it was a dead match so maybe I'm over-exaggerating. I'm still having trouble actually putting them in, no matter what I do the edge of the bang piece shows pretty obviously. I'll definitely need to work on my technique of putting them in.
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 11:51 PM   #4955
AkaneSaotome

Well here's a picture, not the best pic but at least you see everything. The moon on my forehead is gold and not yellow so it doesn't blend into my hair. (Don't mind the white smudge, there was sticker on my mirror ><)

main costume: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/DSCF5125.jpg
Shoes (for those who didn't see them the first time): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/DSCF5072.jpg

I found out that I need to make the skirt a little smaller in the waist. Even though I tried on the skirt after I originally finished it. :/

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Unread 09-23-2010, 11:51 PM   #4956
stephaniesays

Hi guys! I've finally managed to get my account registered, so I'm finally making myself known! So hi, I'm Stephanie!

My friend talked a bunch of us into sailor scouts for Halloween, which I know isn't quite as big a deal as a con, but I have none to go to, and I always go all out for Halloween anyway. Anyway, I got elected for Mercury!

I'm actually pretty close to being done, though when I start listing what I have to do... AGH!

Here's what I have so far:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/DSC01218.jpg (front)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/DSC01215.jpg (back)

Unfortunately, everything's held on by safety pins here, so I still have to actually attach it all. Then buy the gloves, make the sleeves, maybe redo the skirt since I'm not entirely happy with it...

Anyway, wanted to introduce myself, and say thanks for this thread! It's helped me more than I can say in the past month!

Last edited by stephaniesays : 09-23-2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: haha, didn't know pressing enter would post it, whoops!
stephaniesays is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 12:08 AM   #4957
AkaneSaotome

I can't help but giggle at the fact that you have one of those poles in your room. xD

But I think your costume is coming out really really well. Everything is great! I think your skirt looks fine the way it is, but I know the feeling of not being happy with something and not wanting to wear it till its fixed. lol

Welcome to the thread!

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Unread 09-24-2010, 12:22 AM   #4958
stephaniesays

Haha, in my defense, it really is great exercise. XD

Thank you! The skirt's really not bad at all, except that it ended up reeeally short in the back and that's kind of a problem for me.

Thanks again! I'm excited to be here!
stephaniesays is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 01:53 AM   #4959
han-pan

Seriously, pole dancing gets you into shape FAST! o.o;;;

Stephanie, welcome to cos.com!!! Your costume looks FABulous!! You make a great Merc

Akane, you make an adoooorable Sailor V! <3 I love how everything came together so well <3

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #4960
jjcpammc09

I e-mailed her like two days ago and she hasn't responded to me.
jjcpammc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #4961
Chiloves1
Cosplay Dreamin

Haha okay so I've been looking at XL green blazers for my boyfriend for almost a week now! It's got me so RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED to make him my Mamoru. I've also been planning a Sailor Moon srapbook day for October 16th. I found some Sailor Moon film books for $5-$8 near me. I giggle, and hehe when I saw them.

Safe to say that this whole year I've been pretty obsessed with Sailor Moon. I find my Sailor Moon R (Classic) Star Brooch looking pretty good. I have been throwing so many Sailor Moon prop ideas, but I can't wait till Christmas is here, so I can stalk up all the dollar stores for Christmas items of awesomeness.

For now, my Sailor Moon Group (Sailor Wings/Vancouver Sailor Moon Community) are looking to have a Sailor Moon Sleepover in the next week or two. This should be exciting, I have been really going back and forth with this idea since the summer. I really am excited that we might actually make it happen.

And then we will see about doing a Sailor Moon Halloween or Corn Maze Event. And before Christmas, or during Christmas or anytime there will snow (If we should get any, and hope it won't be anything like 2008 XD) We will do a Sailor Moon Christmas Party, and I will slip back into going as Haruka.
Chiloves1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #4962
RoseHanabira

Akane, wow, Sailor V looks amazing! Good job!

Welcome aboard stephaniesays! Damn, your Mercury looks stunning! I absolutely love the bows, too cute!

Chiloves, wow you have and will be busy!
Unread 09-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #4963
EarthPrincess16

OMG i want to find the Sailor Jupiter hair decoations but i can't fine them!!!!! can someone tell me where i can find them?
EarthPrincess16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 01:02 PM   #4964
Chiloves1
Cosplay Dreamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthPrincess16 View Post
OMG i want to find the Sailor Jupiter hair decoations but i can't fine them!!!!! can someone tell me where i can find them?
I definitely know where to find them. I've seen them for $2 at a store called Daiso located near me in Canada. I would say they would even pass perfectly for the Anime version of Sailor Jupiter.

I'll see about picking up a pair for you this week, and I can have them shipped out to you right away.
As long as you are willing to pay for shipping. It probably won't be anything too expensive, but I'll include a little note and ship them right away.
Chiloves1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 02:59 PM   #4965
RoseHanabira

A new Halloween super-store opened up near my place a few weeks back, called Spirit Halloween: http://www.spirithalloween.com/ I finally went to check it out today. I saw the following boots:

http://www.spirithalloween.com/produ...n-Black-Boot-/

Absolutely perfect for Sailor Saturn, except for the shaft height! I'm going to go cry in a corner now. T_T I don't know why I keep torturing myself, I really shouldn't. But the store was right there and the boots were right there and I had to scope it out... *Sniff* Although, even if they did have boots that were the right height, something tells me they wouldn't fit my feet right... so I guess that's a silver-ish lining...