Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 121 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 09-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #4966
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

@AkaneSaotome OMGZ I love your Sailor V!!!!!! You look amazing!!!

@stephaniesays Look at the above sentence and replace Sailor V with Sailor Mercury!!! And I love your bows!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-25-2010, 04:18 PM   #4967
jjcpammc09

Well I have some good news, my wig and extentions were just mailed out today, so hopefully some time next week I will be getting them.
jjcpammc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 10:24 PM   #4968
stephaniesays

Thanks guys! I'm pretty proud of the bows. They're super easy and I get the most comments on them.

OK, I have a question. I've offered to help one of my other friends with hers, and since she doesn't feel comfortable in a leotard, instead she's doing the shirt and separate skirt thing. So, for the skirt, is there a way to make the waistband pointed, so it at least looks more like the fuku, and not a school uniform? Like, maybe using wire to keep the shape? IDK...
stephaniesays is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 10:28 PM   #4969
EarthPrincess16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma 1-2 View Post
Yeah I just gotta remember this page number. ^_^
...hmm, think I'll just name a pic file "page212" in my Mars folder... ;P
hey Ranma i have a question. how would i beable to put snaps on the leotard so i dont' have to keep buying leotards every single time i want to be a different senshi? do you have a tutorial on that?
EarthPrincess16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 11:15 PM   #4970
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseHanabira View Post
Akane, wow, Sailor V looks amazing! Good job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousity View Post
@AkaneSaotome OMGZ I love your Sailor V!!!!!! You look amazing!!!
Thanks guys, I think I'm still gonna fix the placement on the shoulder guards though so they stick out more. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcpammc09 View Post
Well I have some good news, my wig and extentions were just mailed out today, so hopefully some time next week I will be getting them.
Thats good news. I have 2 sailor moon commissions to do for halloween and I just ordered my innocent wigs and extensions last night. Here's hoping they come in on time.

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 04:26 AM   #4971
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Just popped in to say that progress is slow but I finally was able to do part of my "wings" yesterday for Neo Queen Serenity, so hopefully some parts of the "wings" (there are four parts) should be finished today

Also, great looking Sailor V and Sailor Mercury cosplays, just spectacular and spot on! x I also ordered my crown last week so hopefully it should be shipped soon!

Gosh, which reminds me, tonight I'll post a picture of my dress since that was finished ages ago but I kept forgetting to post a picture of it. I'll update this post later with the other progress pictures of my dress that I had to prove I did make it and show the stages
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 04:41 AM   #4972
sakura_petals

So I asked this a few pages back but no one seemed to have an answer so I'm posting it again. I know that when I need it for is 6 months away but I'd really like to get my research done soon, so I can start getting everything together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura_petals View Post
So even though my convention isn't until march next year I've already started the process of making/planning my Sera Myu Marina version of Eternal Sailor Moon. I've paid for my wig and have started planning and deciding how much of the costume is put together - I only have a few questions on that part.

The wings!! What are they made of? How do they attach - is it just by sewing it in by the zipper or do you think there is more hidden support? Also I understand that it's mainly feathers boas, that sparkly material but what else is it made up of?
I've been watching the musicals again but still can't figure out how they'e made - plesase help!
sakura_petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #4973
RoseHanabira

I really wish I could help out sakura_petals, unfortunately I've never made wings before. Sorry

I have an inquiry now, different from my rambling posts.

For those that have ordered the Crystal Lake pattern directly from The Green Pepper Inc, did you have any difficulties with their 1-800 number? Long story short, I tried both calling and faxing that number, but both times I got a message similar to "We're sorry, we are unable to complete your call at this time." I went to the local Hasty Mart to do my faxing, eventually we faxed to their local (541) number, it looked like it went through OK, but just to confirm I did send them an e-mail asking about it. Because, being located in Ontario, Canada and nowhere near Eugene, Oregon, I'm skeptical that it went through to the right place...

Anyone else have any difficulties with The Green Pepper?

EDIT: Situation was resolved. I sent them an e-mail, it turns out that the 1-800 number only works within the United States. So for anyone outside of the USA who should want to purchase the pattern directly from Green Pepper in the future (#517), it's all good, just call/fax their local number!

Last edited by RoseHanabira : 09-26-2010 at 09:13 PM.
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #4974
han-pan

I'm watching the anime again right now. You know, that whole bust seam thing that we all seem to worry about so much...there have been a bunch of shots in the episode I'm watching right now (Japanese 43) where it is distinctively bust armor, not a seam.

...huh. P:

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #4975
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthPrincess16 View Post
hey Ranma i have a question. how would i beable to put snaps on the leotard so i dont' have to keep buying leotards every single time i want to be a different senshi? do you have a tutorial on that?
I didn't succeed making my Mars interchangeable. Originally I intended to be able to re-use the main basic costume for different Senshi. But the method I experimented with was velcro - and it didn't work because I couldn't get the velcro to bend nicely around the curves. But the interchangeable parts is such a good idea.. and I am thining of using my basic Mars Fuku to make up a Plu sometime. I might try snaps instead. :P

So here is how I suggest.. If you construct your fuku basically the same way as I did for mine, but just change the step where the skirt gets attached to the hiproll allowance. (If you recall, the hiproll has a small seam allowance which sticks out under it, looks like a tiny frill which goes all the way around the waist. Reminder pic - http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...=hiproll02.jpg ) So, instead of sewing the skirt onto that hiproll frill sew the snap fastners onto it instead. Then sew the skirt onto say a waistband of bias (to keep the skirt gathers perm in place) and fix the other part of the snap fastners on to that waistband. Should be really easy to interchange skirts then. ^_^
However! There is one little potential problem with this mehtod which crossed my mind.. Have you seen those musical dance routines where the guy dancers pull the skirts off the girl dancers? Imagine some mischievous person at a con trying this on your fuku. Basically you could be left standing in just a leotard. It's a small risk I guess. ^_^
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #4976
han-pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma 1-2 View Post
However! There is one little potential problem with this mehtod which crossed my mind.. Have you seen those musical dance routines where the guy dancers pull the skirts off the girl dancers? Imagine some mischievous person at a con trying this on your fuku. Basically you could be left standing in just a leotard. It's a small risk I guess. ^_^
Though, the fortunate part of this is that it IS just snaps....so she could nab her skirt up (cuz there should be no way for it to be OFF without stepping out of it) and snap it back on. P:

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #4977
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by han-pan View Post
Though, the fortunate part of this is that it IS just snaps....so she could nab her skirt up (cuz there should be no way for it to be OFF without stepping out of it) and snap it back on. P:
Yeah I spose, since the skirt is a circle they couyldn't run off with it. It's probably silly me even thinking someone would try this. I worry too much. :P
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #4978
rankin24
PirateHime!

Just a quick little question; Chibi-Usa's eternal outfit.. The star on her chest bow & tiara are pink right? And the others are yellow? Or is the one on her chest yellow as well?

Two questions actually lol.. her back bow is pink.. are the tails the same pink? or a darker pink?
rankin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #4979
AuroraKaganshik
Starlit Dreams

tiara and bow are pink stars, choker and waist band have yellow, my manga cover whos a yellow star on the bow, but the majority of her art shows it being pink, so i would go with the majority.

the back bow ribbons are two colors, if you look at a photo of the back of her eternal outfit, its the original pink bow she started with, the ribbons that hang down, are actually the same ribbon that goes around her waist http://mangastyle.net/book5/v5-05.jpg click to zoom in, all the inners and outers have the same back bow style including chibi, the only one who does not have this bow is moon
Cosplay Facebook
Online Store

Upcoming cons. yay! 2014
Anime Conji, PMX, SDCC

Cosplays:
Terra Branford v.3 - 100% debuted at AX 2014
Manga Princess Chibi: 90% remaking wig
Horo: 0%
Princess Neptune: 100%
Aqua: 10%
Sleeping Beauty: 70%

Last edited by AuroraKaganshik : 09-27-2010 at 02:01 PM.
AuroraKaganshik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #4980
Emrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankin24 View Post
Just a quick little question; Chibi-Usa's eternal outfit.. The star on her chest bow & tiara are pink right? And the others are yellow? Or is the one on her chest yellow as well?

Two questions actually lol.. her back bow is pink.. are the tails the same pink? or a darker pink?
Yes, Chibi-Usa's brooch and tiara star are both pink. The ones on the front of the skirt/boots are yellow.
http://www.soul-hunter.com/sailormoon/galleryartbooks/5/006.jpg
- Well, at least you can see the tiara in this one.

Back bow is light pink. Longer ribbon is darker pink. The convention seems to be that the long ribbon is the same color as the top stripe above the skirt (and the top layer of the skirt), and the big back bow is the same color as the bottom stripe (and the bottom layer of the skirt).
http://www.soul-hunter.com/sailormoo...ooks/5/036.jpg
Emrys is offline   Reply With Quote