Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 177 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #5011
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...

Just a warning, this is gonna be a big post. xD There's so much I wanted to respond to! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousity View Post
Yes, I'm sorely regretting not getting a wig from her. It would have been much easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by han-pan View Post
Are you totally against doing a commission? Because AkaneSaotome (right here in this thread ;P ) does AWESOME Moon wigs :3
Awe you guys! Thanks! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkreader13 View Post
I haven't actually looked into commission much but from what I have seen it looks more expensive.
For the most part it is. Mine are $120 or $140 depending on if you want a skin part down the back and the color, which I think are rather cheap in commission standard? Maybe? But the wigs from commissioners are normally made with more attention to detail, better quality, and for the most part, more love. :3
The wigs from ebay are ok, they get the job done. But sometimes they are too small for heads (main problem with chinese sellers) the wrong color or there's something weird going on with the odangos. I personally can't really say much about the eBay ones, since I've never experienced it myself, but I'm sure people on here can tell you more. In the end its really personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Steffi-x View Post
Well... I attemped to do my "wings" today and ran into a huge problem. It looks shite. So I took the fabric off the wire and have now decided that I must by cardboard for the support of the wings. The cardboard will be sandwiched in between the fabric and just sewn up....

... find a nice thick cardboard in a very pale pink colour then I'll buy it, but if not I'll just buy white.
Awe I'm so sorry about that. I know the feeling. Wire wings can by tricky. :/ But I've seen neo queen wings using the cardboard in between method before and they still look stunning, as long as its done right, which I think you'll pull them off rather nicely. What kinda cardboard were you looking for? Like the foamboard stuff that you can make signs out of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
So, I wasn't sure if I was going to bring my usagi school uniform to AAC, but since I'm running a Sailor Moon panel there I think I should.
Awe man, I just decided I wasn't gonna go to AAC. I was planning to but decided to hold off since I have NYAF next weekend and then AUSA about 4 weeks later. Saving money is key for con goers. Too bad I had to sacrifice a con to do it.

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #5012
han-pan

I can't wait to see you at NYAF Akane :3
Won't be doing any Moon because -cough, speak of the devil, cough- I need a new Moon wig. xD

Inkreader, I think if you find a commissioner you can trust, it is worth the extra cost. I really don't like the SM wigs on Ebay, and you can see sometimes that cosplayers wigs will deteriorate over just a few wears to the point that they are frizzy and unattractive

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2010, 11:12 PM   #5013
AkaneSaotome

OOooo who're you being? I'm only gonna be there Saturday.

I'm not bringing anything Moonie either, so don't feel bad. And you know I'm always willing to help you out with another Usagi wig. ^^

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Unread 10-02-2010, 11:15 PM   #5014
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

@akanesatome I'm sorry you won't be there! Have fun at NYAF!!!!
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2010, 11:50 PM   #5015
han-pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaneSaotome View Post
OOooo who're you being? I'm only gonna be there Saturday.

I'm not bringing anything Moonie either, so don't feel bad. And you know I'm always willing to help you out with another Usagi wig. ^^
-hughuglove-

You're the best, as always. I may. I wanted to do something new for the pigtails, so I'd probably make the pigtails myself P: But! Ifwhen this gets figured out, I will definitely let you know. <3

Umm on Saturday I'm coming late. And I'll either be Han, or I'll be Katara from Avatar. xD Friday is Garnet and Sunday is Harley Quinn. :3 Who are you going as? <3

Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

Unread 10-03-2010, 04:19 AM   #5016
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Awe I'm so sorry about that. I know the feeling. Wire wings can by tricky. :/ But I've seen neo queen wings using the cardboard in between method before and they still look stunning, as long as its done right, which I think you'll pull them off rather nicely. What kinda cardboard were you looking for? Like the foamboard stuff that you can make signs out of?
Hm, I think I might give it another go with the wire, but if not then I'm going to buy this really thick (and I mean really thick) piece of card, they come in very large sizes at my local arts and crafts store so I've got something to fall back on. I know I shouldn't be too fussy, but meh.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #5017
Inkreader13

AkaneSaotome is there anywhere I could look to see your wigs? So far the sellers on ebay that I would normally look to for wigs, don't really have very good sailor moon ones. I've found one that I might buy but it's not the colour I want.
Sunday - Madoka

Follow me on my Deviantart and Tumblr.
Inkreader13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #5018
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Quote:
Mine are $120 or $140
Oh good lord! There's no way I could have afforded that!!!! What about your Chibiusa and Black/Wicked Lady wigs? Are they just as expensive?

@Inkreader13 Go to her website: blackmooncosplay.webs.com
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 12:32 AM   #5019
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

my dance group leader is spending 300 or so on a wig. I hope she has not ordered it yet because I really like yours akane and thats a better price and I am sure the quality is similar.
Would they last for dancing in and odd movements??

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 01:28 AM   #5020
sakura_petals

I'm so happy right now!! I've managed to talk a couple of friends into cosplaying some of the inner senshi in the Myu style!! I will definately have a Mars but I also might have a Jupiter and Mercury as well!! Now I have an even bigger excuse to hold Sailor Moon musical afternoons/sleepovers!! :P

Sorry I just had to share...
sakura_petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #5021
Raven382

Hey everyone! I just finished my Super Sailor Moon cosplay, and was wanting to know if there is anything that could be improved on it. :3
I know for sure the front red bow needs to be fixed up, and I need to make the wand better. But other than that I was wondering if you guys could help me with improving it some more.

http://raven382.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2zxgg4
http://raven382.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2zxhkx
http://raven382.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2zxgzv
Unread 10-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #5022
han-pan

Raven, I think it looks GREAT!

The only things I would consider working on would be the earrings and the chest brooch. I Looove how the hip/waist brooch came out, very well done on that

Unread 10-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #5023
RoseHanabira

Wow Raven, you did an amazing job! The only thing I can think of is maybe making the red glove rolls a little bit thinner, but honestly there's not much else I could suggest!
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #5024
AkaneSaotome

@han-pan: I'll be going as Dr. Mrs. the Monarch, with my friend as Molotov Cocktease both from The Venture Bros.

@x-Steffi-x: Lol, no by all means be fussy. totally am when it comes to details and getting something done the way I want. xD

@Inkreader13: Yep as Fabulosity said you can check out all the wigs I've made at blackmooncosplay.webs.com and also in my gallery on here. You can also check out my marketplace add for my sailor moon wigs for basic prices. http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s.../32472/cat/500

@Fabulousity: The basic prices are in the marketplace ad I linked inkreader to. They're actually about the same price. Chibi-usa kid version would probably be $160 :/ If it makes you feel better, I know people that charge $160 and up for an usagi wig. I don't feel they should be that much.

@tarinalove: Is it the Myu version or just regular Usagi hair?
I don't see why they wouldn't hold up. They're pretty secure and heat styled. Its just up to her to secure it with hair pins xD

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Unread 10-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #5025
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

@Akane;
She was/is going for myu (which doesn't fare well with my skin) and I prefer regular Usagi hair. :} I told her and she's checking it out!
----
My dance group has come together, we have all the inner senshi! <3 I'm stoked, can't wait to start ordering things (like brooches, hair sheilds, boots, leotard) and start making my costume!!!

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3

Last edited by tarinalove : 10-04-2010 at 10:13 PM.
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote