Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 212 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #5161
Kaneda99
Delinquent ;)
 
Kaneda99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarinalove View Post
My Chibiusa Wig;
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...254080_n. jpg

And part of my dress is shown. (The sleeves and lace) Sorry for the crappy quality, was taken with my cell phone.
Such a lovely pic! The wig looks great on you
Kaneda99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 11-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #5162
jjcpammc09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 258
A friend of mine wants me to make her girlfriend Princess Serenity's silver imperium crystal from the manga, but I can't find any pictures of that it looks like. Could anyone help me find me a picture of that it looks like? I would greatly appreciate it.
jjcpammc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2010, 11:23 PM   #5163
Amidoji
Desert Chikin
 
Amidoji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 144
Thank you all! With the help of my model and roommate, Anjel, we plan on making the circles and then seed beading them. We also hope to make the sleeve poofs as well. My class took up more time than expected, so I didn't have as much finished as I wanted.
Amidoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 08:07 AM   #5164
Pirate Queen
What's up, hot lady?
 
Pirate Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 587
Hey guys! I think I'm going to finally get a Sailor Scout done!

Blue is my favourite colour and I really love all the Neptune's that everyone has done on cosplay.com. However in my recent searching of wigs I'm really at a loss in what to go with. I have yet to find a blue that I'm happy with. I also personally don't like the Neptune's with green hair. I just think a blue suits her better. Any suggestions? If I can't find anything I'm going to go with Venus but I really prefer the colour scheme of Neptune.

Thanks!

Ps. I just found these after I posted what do you guys think?

http://www.epiccosplay.com/22-teal-b...splay-wig.html

http://www.epiccosplay.com/20-curly-...splay-wig.html

They are on the curly side.. but in my experience with curls they tend to drop. I really like them both, even the greener one.
__________________
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')

-------
Anime North 2012
Little Sister, Bioshock 2
Terra Branford 2.0, Final Fantasy

Last edited by Pirate Queen : 11-11-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Pirate Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #5165
Emrys
Registered User
 
Emrys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Queen View Post
Hey guys! I think I'm going to finally get a Sailor Scout done!

Blue is my favourite colour and I really love all the Neptune's that everyone has done on cosplay.com. However in my recent searching of wigs I'm really at a loss in what to go with. I have yet to find a blue that I'm happy with. I also personally don't like the Neptune's with green hair. I just think a blue suits her better. Any suggestions? If I can't find anything I'm going to go with Venus but I really prefer the colour scheme of Neptune.

Thanks!

Ps. I just found these after I posted what do you guys think?

http://www.epiccosplay.com/22-teal-b...splay-wig.html

http://www.epiccosplay.com/20-curly-...splay-wig.html

They are on the curly side.. but in my experience with curls they tend to drop. I really like them both, even the greener one.
Teal is a very tricky color to find a shade you like because it ranges from bright blue (more like turquoise) to dark green depending on the material and maker. And in the end it all comes down to personal preference.

Are you basing the colors on the anime or the manga version? What kind of blue are you looking for? Is style or color more important to you? Also keep in mind how it might look with the fabric you pick for your fuku.

I like the "teal" wig you linked to, the style and cut look more suited to Neptune than the other. I personally like the darker color scheme from the manga so I stayed away from bright/fluorescent colored wigs, but that's just me.
Emrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #5166
Emrys
Registered User
 
Emrys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 670
I keep forgetting that the forums are now rearranged so that we've got a whole forum section just for Sailor Moon discussion. Maybe that's why this thread seems less busy at times? I'm just so used to everyone converging in this thread.

Anyway, sorry for the double post. Just something I need to keep reminding myself about now.
Emrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #5167
AuroraKaganshik
Starlit Dreams
 
AuroraKaganshik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,134
the thing with the neptune hair. you also have to keep in mind, which color will work with your skin better. a wigs color could easily wash your skin out in photos from the color contrasting
__________________
Leader of Crystal Chaos Cosplay
Head Maid at Mochi Maid Cafe
Mochi Cafe
Cosplay Facebook
Online Store

Upcoming cons. yay! 2014
Anime Conji, PMX, SDCC

Cosplays:
Terra Branford v.3 - 100% debuted at AX 2014
Manga Princess Chibi: 90% remaking wig
Horo: 0%
Princess Neptune: 100%
Aqua: 10%
Sleeping Beauty: 70%
AuroraKaganshik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 02:32 PM   #5168
Pirate Queen
What's up, hot lady?
 
Pirate Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
Teal is a very tricky color to find a shade you like because it ranges from bright blue (more like turquoise) to dark green depending on the material and maker. And in the end it all comes down to personal preference.

Are you basing the colors on the anime or the manga version? What kind of blue are you looking for? Is style or color more important to you? Also keep in mind how it might look with the fabric you pick for your fuku.

I like the "teal" wig you linked to, the style and cut look more suited to Neptune than the other. I personally like the darker color scheme from the manga so I stayed away from bright/fluorescent colored wigs, but that's just me.
The colour of the fabric I found is quite similar to your own. So I think the teal would look best as well out of all the wigs I've found.
__________________
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')

-------
Anime North 2012
Little Sister, Bioshock 2
Terra Branford 2.0, Final Fantasy
Pirate Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #5169
Ranma 1-2
Registered User
 
Ranma 1-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
I keep forgetting that the forums are now rearranged so that we've got a whole forum section just for Sailor Moon discussion. Maybe that's why this thread seems less busy at times? I'm just so used to everyone converging in this thread.

Anyway, sorry for the double post. Just something I need to keep reminding myself about now.
Dya know I didn't even realise we have a seperate Sailor Moon section until you mentioned it. When did that happen!?
__________________
Cosplay plans 2012
--------------------
Feb - Midland MCM Expo - Katy Perry
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #5170
RoseHanabira
Registered User
 
RoseHanabira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 749
^ When the entire forum got rearranged. I can't remember how long ago it was, but it's actually the opposite for me, because now I'm having trouble remembering the old layout! Haha... My guess is about 2 months...?

Pirate_Queen, my sister is looking into doing a Neptune cosplay and she's having trouble finding just the right wig too. Do keep us posted with whichever wig you pick, I know I'm curious about it. ^_^;
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #5171
Pirate Queen
What's up, hot lady?
 
Pirate Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 587
RoseHanabira- I will don't worry and I shall take lots of pictures!

I've found another I think! Keep in mind I prefer the more blue Neptune wigs.

http://kingdom-arts.org/arda-wigs/fe...011%20teal.jpg

But it also comes in an Emerald green for those that prefer Green.

http://kingdom-arts.org/arda-wigs/fe...ld%20green.jpg
__________________
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')

-------
Anime North 2012
Little Sister, Bioshock 2
Terra Branford 2.0, Final Fantasy
Pirate Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #5172
AuroraKaganshik
Starlit Dreams
 
AuroraKaganshik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,134
the blue-ish one looks almost like my neptune wig XD
__________________
Leader of Crystal Chaos Cosplay
Head Maid at Mochi Maid Cafe
Mochi Cafe
Cosplay Facebook
Online Store

Upcoming cons. yay! 2014
Anime Conji, PMX, SDCC

Cosplays:
Terra Branford v.3 - 100% debuted at AX 2014
Manga Princess Chibi: 90% remaking wig
Horo: 0%
Princess Neptune: 100%
Aqua: 10%
Sleeping Beauty: 70%
AuroraKaganshik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #5173
Pirate Queen
What's up, hot lady?
 
Pirate Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraKaganshik View Post
the blue-ish one looks almost like my neptune wig XD
Great! I love your wig
__________________
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')

-------
Anime North 2012
Little Sister, Bioshock 2
Terra Branford 2.0, Final Fantasy
Pirate Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 11:26 PM   #5174
AuroraKaganshik
Starlit Dreams
 
AuroraKaganshik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Queen View Post
Great! I love your wig
the one i have is actually super thick XD and easy to brush out. my friend borrowed it for the AX rave and it only needed 10 minutes of brushing for wear the next day.
__________________
Leader of Crystal Chaos Cosplay
Head Maid at Mochi Maid Cafe
Mochi Cafe
Cosplay Facebook
Online Store

Upcoming cons. yay! 2014
Anime Conji, PMX, SDCC

Cosplays:
Terra Branford v.3 - 100% debuted at AX 2014
Manga Princess Chibi: 90% remaking wig
Horo: 0%
Princess Neptune: 100%
Aqua: 10%
Sleeping Beauty: 70%
AuroraKaganshik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 11:31 PM   #5175
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini
 
tarinalove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneda99 View Post
Such a lovely pic! The wig looks great on you
thank you! I certainly love it.
__________________
Go like and comment on my page!

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.