Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 221 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #5206
AuroraKaganshik
Starlit Dreams

to be honest o.o all the bows me and my friend make.. are freehanded.. she tried the tutorial for her mars bows.. and it did not work [bigger chested girl XD] i would say. measure the areas for the bows and do them last, cause your tails can easily be made with scrap fabric. my chibi back bow was all scrap fabric that was left over
Cosplay Facebook
Online Store

Upcoming cons. yay! 2014
Anime Conji, PMX, SDCC

Cosplays:
Terra Branford v.3 - 100% debuted at AX 2014
Manga Princess Chibi: 90% remaking wig
Horo: 0%
Princess Neptune: 100%
Aqua: 10%
Sleeping Beauty: 70%
AuroraKaganshik is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #5207
RoseHanabira

Oh, the measurements would be off for bigger chested girls? Hmm, I may have a problem with it then (XD).

The fabric I wanted to get for the bows (and the skirt, fuku, etc) is on sale for a few more days so I was planning on getting my measurements figured out tonight, so that I'd know how much fabric I'd need to buy.
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2010, 06:44 AM   #5208
AuroraKaganshik
Starlit Dreams

i think we had about.. a yard in half for my friend [she got 2 though incase she needed extra] this way she could make a bunch of different bows and pick the ones she liked the best, she made a headband with a discarded bow XD

i'll see if i can find my fabric scraps and make a bow out of one with photos step by step. however mine might be satin.. i seem to have tons of satin scraps... lol
Cosplay Facebook
Online Store

Upcoming cons. yay! 2014
Anime Conji, PMX, SDCC

Cosplays:
Unread 11-27-2010, 08:51 AM   #5209
RoseHanabira

Heh, yesterday I went out and bought 2m (a smidgen over 2 yards) of fabric just to be on the safe side, before I saw your response Aurora. It's comforting to know that my intuition is pretty good. XD

That would be great if you could do that, Aurora. Please don't feel obligated to just on my account, I'd feel guilty then.
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #5210
Moon Melody
Dawwwn ! ^__^

Hi everyone ! First of all, I'm sorry for my english, I'm a french speaker and I'm not bilingual !
I'm working on a Sailor Chibi Moon cosplay and I will go buy my fabrics later today. I juste want to know which kind a fabric do you use ? I know which to use for the .. " white bodysuit " Sorry, I don't know how to say.. ( EDIT two minutes later : Oh ! I just find the words by looking the previous page ! The leotard ! )But for the skirt, the collar and the bow, what do you use ? I don't want a shiny fabrics, but I don't know what to take. =_=
Moon Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #5211
AuroraKaganshik
Starlit Dreams

so like i had a long dance rehearsal so tomorrow i will for sure make those step by step bows for you rose XD

moon: it really depends on what your shops carry. my friend used a cotton mix for her mars skirt, but it depends mostly on your preference and if you want a flowy material or something a bit more heavy. bows those. for the front. you can use the same material as your skirt, and just put a lining in [it stiffens after you iron it]. but its the best idea to pick a very sturdy fabric XD i had many sailor moon girls who have known me at my con for a few years, coming to me to use my emergency sewing kit because their fabrics, pretty as they are. were very frail and ripped easily
Cosplay Facebook
Online Store

Upcoming cons. yay! 2014
Anime Conji, PMX, SDCC

Cosplays:
Unread 11-28-2010, 08:38 AM   #5212
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Melody View Post
Hi everyone ! First of all, I'm sorry for my english, I'm a french speaker and I'm not bilingual !
I'm working on a Sailor Chibi Moon cosplay and I will go buy my fabrics later today. I juste want to know which kind a fabric do you use ? I know which to use for the .. " white bodysuit " Sorry, I don't know how to say.. ( EDIT two minutes later : Oh ! I just find the words by looking the previous page ! The leotard ! )But for the skirt, the collar and the bow, what do you use ? I don't want a shiny fabrics, but I don't know what to take. =_=
I used Cotton Lycra for my skirt, bows and sailor collar It gave the skirt a nice flowy look and was uber comfy and soft (Mind you I did NOT pleat my skirt, I made a skating skirt and left it like that, it look really nice though, look in my gallery for results). If you want a more crisper look then getting a pure cotton would be idea, however cotton is quite expensive O_O
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #5213
AuroraKaganshik
Starlit Dreams

urg today turned out to be hectic @.@ i promise i'll have something up soon though!
Cosplay Facebook
Online Store

Upcoming cons. yay! 2014
Anime Conji, PMX, SDCC

Cosplays:
Unread 11-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #5214
ladyxzeus
Mrs. Lady Gackt Camui

ay, my friend is going to cosplay with me! She is going to be Sailor Moon!

We're still trying to find leotards, today I forgot to go to the supermarket to look for them....

Waratte oemashou sore ha chiisana na inori
ladyxzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #5215
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

I've been stuck with my next cosplay ideas, although I have some listed in my siggy, some cosplays in that list I don't want to do until a while yet. My next cosplay will definately be a non-sailor moon cosplay. But I was thinking maybe converting my Classic Sailor Moon into Eternal Sailor Moon. That won't be very hard to do, thought I'd spruce it up a bit

Unread 12-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #5216
Chiloves1
Cosplay Dreamin

Back from Value Village today. I can't remember the last time I had such a blast. Second hand stores always deliver surprises. Such a great find today, My face hurts from smiling so much! HAHA! I found a Sailor Pluto doll! Clearly, she's from the Irwin line. But she was in great condition, and she was only missing her Time Key Staff and Choker. She was only $4, and I thought she was cute, so I had to get her.

What to say? I'm really excited for next weekend, my friends and I are throwing a Sailor Moon theme Christmas party, and I will be doing Haruka. We'll all be in our wigs, but not actual costume. But we are wearing clothing colored theme. It's still going to be tons of fun with everyone! I sold my plus size Eternal Sailor Moon costume and wig last month.

And I saw a perfect pair of flat boots that would work for Sailor Uranus at Payless Shoesource! I thought I'd throw that in there, in case any Sailor Uranus cosplayers are lurking around. I definitely might have to buy them for myself. If I am ever to get round to cosplaying her for next year.

They only come in grey, brown, black, and purple. The purple looks more navy to me for some reason. And yet they are incredibly comfortable.
Chiloves1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #5217
Chiloves1
Cosplay Dreamin

On another note~

I got Vol 1 & Vol 2 Sailor Moon Artbooks at Book-Off, and they only cost me, $2 each. I've been told they are bootlegs. But, still $2 each is an amazing deal and for something that costs in the $100+ range, I can't really complain.

I've got them all except for the last one now. I can't wait to see what other Sailor Moon goodies I may find after Christmas is over. I'm so happy with my finds achieved so far!
Chiloves1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 03:01 AM   #5218
sakura_petals

Steffi - I noticed that you are wanting to do Sera Myu! Eternal Moon? I've been planning her for months and am really struggling to get an accurate version together. But if you want a challenge and something to strive for then good luck! If I get my cosplay done then I'd be happy to give you some tips.
sakura_petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 06:11 AM   #5219
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura_petals View Post
Steffi - I noticed that you are wanting to do Sera Myu! Eternal Moon? I've been planning her for months and am really struggling to get an accurate version together. But if you want a challenge and something to strive for then good luck! If I get my cosplay done then I'd be happy to give you some tips.

Oh wow really? I've been planning for months, have a rough idea of how I'm going to go about it. But the reason why I'm not doing it yet is because I want to improve my sewing skills first
I know there are different version of her, just the case of picking one really, I already know which version I'm going to do though, good luck in finding the right one!!!

Btw, that links in with another query, what is the fabric that they use for her skirt? I was thinking maybe a thin PVC but is it made of something else? I sound so silly asking this question but I'm still learning about sewing! xD

Unread 12-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #5220
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

I always thought the Myu Eternal skirts were made of lamé, because they looked the same as the bows to me. But then, that might not even be possible. What do I know? It took me ten days to figure out how to thread my sewing machine!

Also, what do you guys do if you're doing a photo shoot or going to a con when it's cold out? Do you just suffer through it, or is there some magical senshi trick that I don't know about?
------------------
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------

Last edited by Fabulousity : 12-03-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote