Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 219 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 04-14-2011, 12:22 PM   #5911
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma 1-2 View Post
Just found a better vid of our Stalights group at recent Kitacon. (I am Maker)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIKlY...embedded#at=54
Enjoy. ^_^

- yes I know my white bra is showing :P and boot tops missing ..cuz I didnt finish completely - I will finish the costume details off and re wear for May Expo masquerade comp. I might be a lone Starlight sailing across the night sky for that one though T_T

Found some nice pic stills now too, I just need to upload them here...
That was a FF cosplay walk-on =(

Copernicus - 5%
Blood Seras - 90%
Bobby Uniform Seras - 5%
Kalashnikitty - Planned

*~Progress~*

ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #5912
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiNo_Usagi View Post
Ummm FF?
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #5913
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Just found a better vid of our Stalights group at recent Kitacon. (I am Maker)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIKlY...embedded#at=54
Enjoy. ^_^

- yes I know my white bra is showing :P and boot tops missing ..cuz I didnt finish completely - I will finish the costume details off and re wear for May Expo masquerade comp. I might be a lone Starlight sailing across the night sky for that one though T_T

Found some nice pic stills now too, I just need to upload them here...
Aw man, you're going to debut it at May Expo? Dammit, I won't be able to see it since I'm going in October and not in May D:
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #5914
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Wig is done! Wig is done! Wig is done! *dances*
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #5915
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Steffi-x View Post
Aw man, you're going to debut it at May Expo? Dammit, I won't be able to see it since I'm going in October and not in May D:
Steffi - well, Star Maker debut was just at Kitacon III really, (must get the pics up), but now I'm going to finish all the costume details really completely and then apply for an Expert slot in Expo Masq. That way I can have Starlight theme playing when I come on and Im planning on a mini performance on stage too so I can do Maker (and all SM fans) proud. If Tonyo is there he should get it all on vid and you should be able to see it on YT after the event. But sadly after the masquerade competition you might not see this particular shooting star appear at Expo again. T_T Unless miracles can happen.

Don't worry though Steffi..I am doing Pluto for Oct Expo and a friend (girl) is doing Saturn so there's two more SM already. You're never alone in Sailor Moon cosplay. ^_^
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 04-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #5916
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Steffi - well, Star Maker debut was just at Kitacon III really, (must get the pics up), but now I'm going to finish all the costume details really completely and then apply for an Expert slot in Expo Masq. That way I can have Starlight theme playing when I come on and Im planning on a mini performance on stage too so I can do Maker (and all SM fans) proud. If Tonyo is there he should get it all on vid and you should be able to see it on YT after the event. But sadly after the masquerade competition you might not see this particular shooting star appear at Expo again. T_T Unless miracles can happen.

Don't worry though Steffi..I am doing Pluto for Oct Expo and a friend (girl) is doing Saturn so there's two more SM already. You're never alone in Sailor Moon cosplay. ^_^
Oh I don't know whether I'll be wearing my Sailor Moon cosplay in October, I'll have to see. But I'll look out for you though! I also knew you wore Maker at Kitacon, I saw the video and made a comment a few pages back :P Show me what I'll miss!
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #5917
RoseHanabira

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiNo_Usagi View Post
The link takes you to just after the Starlights walked off the stage... go to the beginning of the video!

Ranma, once again, you look AMAZING!!!
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #5918
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseHanabira View Post
The link takes you to just after the Starlights walked off the stage... go to the beginning of the video!

Ranma, once again, you look AMAZING!!!
Youre riiiight..why did it do that!? :S

Ok I have re done the link..it should start at the beginning of the walk on now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIKlY...ature=youtu.be
hope that works better
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 04-14-2011, 10:27 PM   #5919
EriBear18

WOW Ranma!! AMAZING!!
Sun:Kairi?

Future Cosplay
Sailor Jupiter (All forms)
Lenna Lee-D. Grayman
Allen Walker-D. Grayman
Claire - Claymore
EriBear18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 04:56 AM   #5920
jjcpammc09

I am now starting my own commission business called Harley's Creations. I will do all kinds of work from Sailor Moon-Tokyo Mew Mew, or whatever your heart desires. I don't have that much yet, but I am just starting. I have a youtube channel url: http://www.youtube.com/user/harleycreations0409
I'm on facebook under the group name Harley's Creations. The email is: harleyscreations@groups.facebook.com
I am trying to create my own website so, it's in a working progess. I don't have a DeviantArt page where I just started putting up somethings that I can create and sell. Here is my page url: http://harleyquinn0409.deviantart.com/
I hope to hear from everyone and check out my work. The pieces that I have on DeviantArt were my first creations so I can make them better. Thank you!

Last edited by jjcpammc09 : 04-15-2011 at 04:57 AM. Reason: misspelled
jjcpammc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 05:30 AM   #5921
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EriBear18 View Post
WOW Ranma!! AMAZING!!
Thanks EriBear ^_^
Anyone thinking of cosplaying Starlights I Totally recommend it.. they need more love. And if you can get all three together it is a feeling you will never forget!
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 04-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #5922
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Steffi-x View Post
Oh I don't know whether I'll be wearing my Sailor Moon cosplay in October, I'll have to see. But I'll look out for you though! I also knew you wore Maker at Kitacon, I saw the video and made a comment a few pages back :P Show me what I'll miss!
ok I have just uploaded stills in my album now.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/365315/

I won't have the other girls with me in May though.
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 04-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #5923
jjcpammc09

Here is my website for my store, it's still in a working progress.
http://www.wix.com/harleyquinn0409/harleycreations

Last edited by jjcpammc09 : 04-22-2011 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Edit URL
jjcpammc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #5924
RoseHanabira

So... my broach from Southern Moon Creations came in, and... you know how when you look at the picture for Saturn's broach here, a couple of the spikes look particularly white? Looking at the broach that I got, it's not a trick of the light. It looks like those spikes were cut to be flat, and the white colour came from the acrylic(? I think it's acrylic) part not being cut cleanly. Also, those spikes are quite jaggedy and non-symmetrical. So... I feel slightly cheated, because I didn't get what I was expecting. *Sigh*

However this has further fueled my hoping for a crystal broach for Sailor Saturn. I went looking for another possibility on E-Bay yesterday, and found this. Good news is, it looks really awesome, and feedback from the seller seems to check out! Bad news is, shipping is $33, roughly the cost for the set of 6 of these ornaments... OUCH.

I sent an e-mail asking about shipping (along with, what does the set of 6 actually include, because it wasn't clear), and it seems I'm stuck with the high cost because I'm in Canada... she said I could get multiple sets and combine shipping, up to 10 (yes, 10!) sets in total, but... I'm honestly only planning on using 1, maybe 2 if something goes wrong for my cosplay, and the extras will go to our never-ending Christmas tree ornament collection... it'd be insane to spend so much more money just to get a deal on shipping. *Sigh*

I'm stuck. I've fallen head over heels with my vision of how this thing would look, but I've already fallen for that trap from S.M.C, and have been disappointed by what came in the mail once before, but it was only $11 that I had originally written off as a write-off (I sent her a question but never got anything back, so I figured the money was gone). To potentially spend over $60 on a set of ornaments... it screams bad idea, and yet it's not enough to dissuade me entirely from the idea of using that ornament. I've been searching endlessly for something to use (I REALLY want a crystal look and don't want to cast my own resin or anything involving chemicals) and have yet to find any success.

I guess this is more of a rant/ramble thing than anything... if anyone has any advice, I'm all ears, sometimes it just helps to write it out, you know?
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 06:10 AM   #5925
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseHanabira View Post
So... my broach from Southern Moon Creations came in, and... you know how when you look at the picture for Saturn's broach here, a couple of the spikes look particularly white? Looking at the broach that I got, it's not a trick of the light. It looks like those spikes were cut to be flat, and the white colour came from the acrylic(? I think it's acrylic) part not being cut cleanly. Also, those spikes are quite jaggedy and non-symmetrical. So... I feel slightly cheated, because I didn't get what I was expecting. *Sigh*
Clear acrylic will discolour along the cut edges..friction from the cutting tool, and also cuz the cut surface is left rough. You could minimise these white edges if you get a set of 'wet & dry' flatting paper (not sand paper) you can get it from auto repair product sellers. The fine grade is what you want to end up using. Then after you have rubbed it down with the wet & dry as smooth as you can get it you can paint a layer of clear floor polish - Future floor polish or Johnsons Klear, is the same product different names dep which country you buy it - find it in supermarkets along with other floor polishing products. It is cheap, air drying clear varnish. That will kill the white edges, or at least tone them down.
If your Saturn broach only cost 11 dollars I'd say that is pretty decent. If you want real crystal look I think you will have to pay more..even for a Christmas ornament of that size.
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -