Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 200 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 04-21-2011, 10:31 PM   #5941
jjcpammc09

Oh ok, I was thinking doing resin gems instead of buying my own, that way I can get that effect that I want. I've seen that Sailor Jupiter's belt has more like round beads and Sailor Venus's is more like a flat disc.
jjcpammc09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-22-2011, 05:40 AM   #5942
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseHanabira View Post
Update time!

I stopped by Wal-Mart to see if they had any wet & dry. They didn't have that brand, however they did have a variety pack of waterproof sandpaper in the automotive section, so I picked that up. The pack had 220, 320, 400 and 600 grit. Oh my goodness, it did wonders! No more rough edges! There are still a few scratches remaining in the areas that needed it, and it is still a bit cloudy, but it's a huge step in the right direction.

I brought it to my dad and asked if we had any floor polish, told him what I needed it for, etc etc... we used to have marble in the house, so my dad thinks that we may still have some marble polish lying around. And if not, he has some pretty heavy-duty car polish that he thinks will also work.

Thank-you so much Ranma! I'm indebted to you!
Great! Im so pleased it improved. ^_^ Yes those polishes might work too. Still be carefull not to spoil the clear surfaces though - I know the clear floor stuff can leave run marks when it dries. It might be a good idea to carefully 'paint' the clear floor stuff along the cloudy edges using a tiny brush - the size like a lip brush.. Car polish might act differently, it might be easier to apply and just buff up. I would experiment with the products first on a sample or tiny area where it will be less noticeable. If it works good then you can go ahead on the cloudy areas with confidence.
And you're very welcome. Sharing info and helping each other is a lovely thing.
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #5943
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Does anyone have any ideas for doing a skit with ONLY a Sailor Moon?
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 05:51 AM   #5944
ladyxzeus
Mrs. Lady Gackt Camui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousity View Post
Does anyone have any ideas for doing a skit with ONLY a Sailor Moon?
Idk, give me skits with only a Sailor Jupiter in return! xD xD xD

Waratte oemashou sore ha chiisana na inori
ladyxzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 06:10 AM   #5945
sakura_petals

So now that I have a place to work on my cosplays again my brain has started up thinking abotu how to do some aspects of my Sera Myu! Eternal Moon cosplay. In particular her wings and how they attatch to the bodice.

In all the reference pics I've seen it looks like the wings are somehow sewn or attatched to the bodice by the centre zip but for the life of me I can't work out how to do this. I'm worried about how the fabric will stay up/keep the wings up/vertical without sagging and if I do sew the wings on how do I do it through the 2-3mm thick plastic the wings are made of?

I'm sorry I can't provide any reference pics as my computer is in the shop and I've just moved into my new place so I don't have internet access unless I'm at work.

Any ideas/theroies would be wonderful!!
sakura_petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #5946
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyxzeus View Post
Idk, give me skits with only a Sailor Jupiter in return! xD xD xD
We team up
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #5947
EriBear18

Finnished my Sailor Jupiter and Venus cosplays go to the link to see pictures!
PS I do not have very many I compleatly forgot to take pictures all weekend! i always do so i will have to do a mini photo shoot sometime soon.
http://blackwitch41.deviantart.com/
Sun:Kairi?

Future Cosplay
Sailor Jupiter (All forms)
Lenna Lee-D. Grayman
Allen Walker-D. Grayman
Claire - Claymore
EriBear18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #5948
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

I got Kotono Mituishi's autograph! :3 just got done with con not too long ago and super tired. Not sure about a lot of things but I made a pretty successful Moon and I was THE Only Chibiusa at Sakura Con this year. Super shocked. Can not wait to get images from the photoshoot. :3
I met a pluto cosplayer and she gave me a time key while I was Chibiusa. That was awesome. We took some quick snapshots together.

I also got a blurry picture of a little possibly 6 year old princess sailor moon. Ahhhh soooo cute!

I also saw Kotono Mituishi sing Moonlight Dentsu on stage and that was magical. Sad I could not get photos with her today.

I do not have many photos of Moon since I changed into Casual beachy Usagi on Saturday since it was sooo hot and I just wanted to enjoy myself with my boyfriend. I was using my own hair plus extensions as well. So yeah.

I did get a photo with a Queen Serenity but never found an Usagi or awesome Moon to pose with on Friday or today. I was too tired to search for other moonies by today.

anyway, the sailor moon stuff was awesomeeee.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #5949
EriBear18

Tarina! I think i saw you at the con! I was the Female kakashi friday and sunday and Sailor Jupiter on saturday with a mini mouse a venus and mars your cosplay looked fantastic!
Sun:Kairi?

Future Cosplay
Sailor Jupiter (All forms)
Lenna Lee-D. Grayman
Allen Walker-D. Grayman
Claire - Claymore
EriBear18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 06:04 AM   #5950
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EriBear18 View Post
Finnished my Sailor Jupiter and Venus cosplays go to the link to see pictures!
PS I do not have very many I compleatly forgot to take pictures all weekend! i always do so i will have to do a mini photo shoot sometime soon.
http://blackwitch41.deviantart.com/
Well done. Your costumes came out very well. Just Venus shoes missing. So funny seeing the 'still sewing at the con' pic, I think most of us have been there. ^_^
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #5951
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura_petals View Post
So now that I have a place to work on my cosplays again my brain has started up thinking abotu how to do some aspects of my Sera Myu! Eternal Moon cosplay. In particular her wings and how they attatch to the bodice.

In all the reference pics I've seen it looks like the wings are somehow sewn or attatched to the bodice by the centre zip but for the life of me I can't work out how to do this. I'm worried about how the fabric will stay up/keep the wings up/vertical without sagging and if I do sew the wings on how do I do it through the 2-3mm thick plastic the wings are made of?

I'm sorry I can't provide any reference pics as my computer is in the shop and I've just moved into my new place so I don't have internet access unless I'm at work.

Any ideas/theroies would be wonderful!!
I've noticed that the wings were attached to hooks on the bodice. But what you could is drill some holes in areas (like the edges where the fluff/feathers are so it's not visible), and thread through some thick transparent string and attach it where you think it will hold up. (That's what I did for me Neo Queen Serenity "wings" and you couldn't see the thread in pictures or irl).
You could also try attached heavy duty snaps onto the bodice and wings (again drilling tiny, tiny holes, or even gluing the snaps onto the wings) and attach them like that. That's also what I did for my NQS, worked a charm. It's hard to suggest since you've made the wings out of plastic.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #5952
sakura_petals

Steffi - thanks for the ideas!! They were sort of what I was thinking, so I will have to do some trial and error to see what works. As for making the wings out of plastic - that's what the atcual wings in the musicals look to be made out of with 2 rows of fluff/feather boas. I've looked and MANY reference pics and watched the musicals. It seems that for Marina from her first musical to before Kaguya Island muscials that's what the wings are made from.
sakura_petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #5953
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

@Eri; I'm sad I didn't see you! I was pretty upset most of Saturday and at one point me and my boyfriend were kind of fighting and I started crying-right in con. I just didn't care. It was honestly not that much fun for me.

Anyway: photos will be uploaded to coscom in several days time but for now dA photos:

Sailor Moon-pouty (excuse the undereye circles. I was EXHAUSTED)
Sailor Moon-derpyness

Look through there for my photos (which I will upload periodically. I didn't edit any photos at all, my skirt was supposed to sit higher in the back and it will next time when I attach velcro. So yeah.

I'm still shocked I was the only Chibiusa. :3 can't wait to get photos from that shoot from Friday of Con.

Lemme know what you think. I made both of those costumes. Also my front bow in the chibiusa photo, i didn't change my brooch cause my heart one broke and i couldn't fix it.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #5954
benihime
Kimono Queen

the only thing that stands out for your sailor moon is your wig seems a little...frizzy I guess the word would be but unruly is also a good word too. I'm also curious as to why you have hair bands in your ponytails?

That and your skirt looks a little..ruffled? were you just sitting down?

Other than that, it looks good but it's hard to see the rest of your cosplay

Your chibiusa is cute! It's just the shirt that bugs me :\ since the sailor collar looks kinda like it's floating and you can see the shirt unbuttoned underneath it. But I really like the wig! very cute

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

Last edited by benihime : 04-25-2011 at 03:36 PM.
benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #5955
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by benihime View Post
the only thing that stands out for your sailor moon is your wig seems a little...frizzy I guess the word would be but unruly is also a good word too. I'm also curious as to why you have hair bands in your ponytails?

That and your skirt looks a little..ruffled? were you just sitting down?

Other than that, it looks good but it's hard to see the rest of your cosplay

Your chibiusa is cute! It's just the shirt that bugs me :\ since the sailor collar looks kinda like it's floating and you can see the shirt unbuttoned underneath it. But I really like the wig! very cute
Possibly because her wig is frizzy, she didn't want them to frizz up any more and therefore tied the ponytails with hair bands. I did that with my Sailor Moon wig when I first wore it (if any of you remember the trouble I had with my wig back before May) - but only had them on the bottom of the pigtails. Didn't do it when I re-wore the wig though.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote