Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 103 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 03-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #6331
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

I finished Small lady serenity and Super Sailor Moon! :3 looks good! Con is in a week! So I am pretty happy. I have a photo up of Moon (just a wip before con). Nice comments please?

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #6332
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Could you mayeb post a picture showing the front and back as it's really hard to give comments on it. But from what I can see it looks great! I'm not crazy about the wig though, was it intentional to have the buns very close? I'd like to hear your input before making judgement!
I prefer seeing blonde for Sailor Moon cosplays (unless it's for the musical versions), personally it just looks a bit better than bright yellow. Even a musical wig looks better toned down slightly.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #6333
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Wow, you look great Tarina!! I can't wait to see you there!

Meanwhile I just need to finish the massive bow belt and finish the chiffon seams (I'm thinking hotknife) and the Messiah is done! Saturn should be done this weekend, too, thankfully it's mostly just actual assembly of stuff to the bodysuit and making the choker and glove bands. About the most time-consuming stuff I foresee is repleating the skirt and attaching the shoulder wings. (Rather than one piece like Myu Saturn, I opted for a piece for each individual wing, attached to a band.)
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #6334
Hsien-Ko
Fun Sized

I really love your cosplay Tarina

I received my wig and wig accessories so I need to figure out how to make it all work! I'm really scared though!

My dress is finally finished! well, 99.9% finished, I just need to sew on the bow I'll snap pictures when I finish it all I promise ^_^ I got some nice white sandals that have a small heel to them.
Hsien-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 01:48 AM   #6335
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Gonna answer everyone.

Steffi; Thanks<3 The photog made my costume and wig look orange/red. So I literally photoshoped the hair and yellow parts to yellow. I too prefer a natural hair color. But for that image I was all "At this point, what's the worst damage?"
Here's a photo of the wig's actual color ! Also, I try to spread the buns farther apart, but they just never get very far apart. :/ (They clip on, same with extensions) And I'm afraid of putting them directly on the sides of my head for looking wonky or falling off! But I'll try a couple of techniques.

I never received any images of the back of the costume and the rest of the images turned out... awful (From what I got). -.- BUT I'll have images up after Sakura-Con! The back bow shall be attached with three safety pins (for added support), and I fixed the skirt last night. As well as finished my choker! Yay!

Also, the website where I ordered my wig from JUST Got a new color in.... Grrr ><" Oh well, that color isn't awful. I just wish I could have gotten the lighter blonde. But I did see how they put their odangos on and hair clips. So I'm gonna try that. And need to curl my hair tails before con/at con. :3

Sui:

Me too! Thanks<33

And wow, that's a lot<3 But you're awesome and I know it'll look fab! I can't wait to take photos together<3

Hsien:

Thank you<3 Make sure to take photos! We all are here to offer advice<3

Anyway, what hair spray should I get this weekend that works well on wigs?

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 02:29 AM   #6336
senshisbard

Hi! First time posting here because it's my first time cosplaying as Sailor Moon. I'm going to admit - I'm kind of nervous. Which is weird, I guess. But seeing everyone's photos is a little intimidating!! I keep thinking of things I wish were better - my wig is too short, my skirt is too long, my props haven't arrived even though I ordered them 6 weeks ago... etc. etc. Deep breaths, I guess. Haha. Any words of wisdom for a first-time Sailor Moon cosplayer?
senshisbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 03:18 AM   #6337
Prissi
tsukini kawatte oshiokiyo

Just a quick question -- sorry if it was answered in the thread already, but I've searched through it without luck so far --

Exactly how many circles is Eternal Myu-moon's skirt? I've read of people doing other senshi with 3 circles, but I saw someone do a 2.5x circle skirt (different costume, albeit with giant floofy petticoats of doom) and it was humongous...

That said, this thread is AWESOME.
Prissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #6338
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissi View Post
Just a quick question -- sorry if it was answered in the thread already, but I've searched through it without luck so far --

Exactly how many circles is Eternal Myu-moon's skirt? I've read of people doing other senshi with 3 circles, but I saw someone do a 2.5x circle skirt (different costume, albeit with giant floofy petticoats of doom) and it was humongous...

That said, this thread is AWESOME.
Since there's three tiers to the skirt, it's probably best to do three circle skirts. I'm currently doing the musical version, although I'm not doing a circle skirt I'm still doing three separate tiers. I'm actually working on the skirt at the moment, I'm going to do half pleats on it, but before I can do that I need to iron on some stretchy interfacing as the spandex I used is slightly thin - then pleat, hem and stitch on the sequined trim. If I feel as if the skirt doesn't have enough "bounce" to it, I'm probably going to wear a hoop skirt underneath.

Unread 04-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #6339
Prissi

Oh sorry, I don't mean the number of tiers, I meant how many circles of fabric should I do per tier of skirt.
Unread 04-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #6340
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissi View Post
Oh sorry, I don't mean the number of tiers, I meant how many circles of fabric should I do per tier of skirt.
I sort of got confused by what you meant.

Do you mean like, you're not going to create one large circle for the circle skirt, but rather in parts? Sorry, I'm sort of at a loss by what you mean.

Unread 04-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #6341
Prissi

No I mean that it seems like you have to put together multiple circles in order to get the right fullness. I'd read of people putting up to 3 circles together for a single layer of dress.
Unread 04-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #6342
Emrys

@Prissi - When I made my skirt I knew I wanted to have the pleats folded over instead of the simple drape so I used 2 large circles (that also gives you only two seams on the sides). I increased the radius so that each piece was twice as long, so all together that was equal to 4 regular sized circles.

The Myu outfits (from what I remember) seem to rely more on the drape the circle skirt gives you rather than any gathering and folding. If you make the radius smaller you'll need more circles, but it will also give you more pleats overall vs. a regular circle skirt. *I realize this needs diagrams to make sense...*
Emrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #6343
Diegator
User of Swords

Ok, did a quick photoshoot on Sunday and realize I need help styling teh wig. Any suggestions? Also, crit please.
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3183972/

Tarina: plans for the photoshoot? I pm'd you last week
Diegator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #6344
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegator View Post
Ok, did a quick photoshoot on Sunday and realize I need help styling teh wig. Any suggestions? Also, crit please.
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3183972/
Costume is looking good. Is your wig black?
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #6345
Diegator
User of Swords

Shadow blue. It's tarina's fault :P, she helped me pick. It matches the skirt color, but the pic was taken with backlight so it's hard to tell.
Diegator is offline   Reply With Quote