Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 133 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 06-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #6496
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Steffi-x View Post
I've finally decided on a wig and just purchased it - hopefully it'll look alright! I need to get some more bun nets cos I've run out!
Squee, I can work on my cosplay on Tuesday!! Got my last exam on Tuesday morning (scared to death about it) and then I'm free to look for my first proper full-time job (only ever had two part time ones)! Then I won't be so poor
Good luck for both Steffi.
Remember this.. a question isnt there to catch you out on what you dont know, its an opportunity to show them what you do know. If you have studied (and I'm sure you have) then you already know what you need to handle the questions. I'm sure you will do fine.
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #6497
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma 1-2 View Post
Good luck for both Steffi.
Remember this.. a question isnt there to catch you out on what you dont know, its an opportunity to show them what you do know. If you have studied (and I'm sure you have) then you already know what you need to handle the questions. I'm sure you will do fine.
But that's the thing though, I'm confident about the stuff I know, but I end up not answering the questions properly (as in the way they want me to, even though I try so hard), even breaking down the wordy ones gets me confused. The exam on Tuesday is just one of those papers with awkwardly phrased questions. Yippee. It's also a re-sit as I got an E first time round >.>

I've just had my confidence knocked because an exam I did will in on my mock exam (got mid-C glose to the B grade I wanted) and when I did the real thing last Wednesday, I didn't finish in time, was 1/4 through writing the last question which I had so many ideas about until time was up. I cried. I don't think I'm going to get that B I wanted..

Thanks for the consolidation. I just love my subjects so much but I absolutely dislike the exams.

Haha, going off-topic with my exam worries..
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

Last edited by x-Steffi-x : 06-17-2012 at 03:51 PM.
x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 12:59 AM   #6498
Prissi
tsukini kawatte oshiokiyo

Steffi: YAY YAY! Good luck on your exam!! I know how you feel... I start my first real job in about a week or so.

COSTUME IS 95% finished!! (But I didn't end up going to the con. :/)

http://instagr.am/p/MAHVJFSHqx/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3228458/

Still to-do: hair accessories, earrings, moon on the hip roll, and the boots. But ohmygosh guys. I LOVE my wings. They are SOO fluffy!
Thanks so much to all of you for all your help & support. Seriously, the internets is amazing. No way could I have completed this costume without you guys.

Last edited by Prissi : 06-18-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Prissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 01:41 AM   #6499
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissi View Post
Steffi: YAY YAY! Good luck on your exam!! I know how you feel... I start my first real job in about a week or so.

COSTUME IS 95% finished!! (But I didn't end up going to the con. :/)

http://instagr.am/p/MAHVJFSHqx/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3228458/

Still to-do: hair accessories, earrings, moon on the hip roll, and the boots. But ohmygosh guys. I LOVE my wings. They are SOO fluffy!
Thanks so much to all of you for all your help & support. Seriously, the internets is amazing. No way could I have completed this costume without you guys.
Thank you and good luck with your job c:

Oh wow! That's fantastic! -is jealous- You worked on that quickly! Hopefully I can be just as quick!
Funny thing is, I have the exact same boots that I'm using for Moon, your's a Gogo boots right? I'm making boot covers for mine though as the white boots don't match the shade of white on my leotard - but also, I had the same boots in red for my Sailor Moon costume and if you're not careful, the black sole can scrape against your boots and leave very noticeable marks. I'm going to do a performance with my cosplay so I don't want to end up scuffing my boots whilst dancing, so boot covers it is ^^;

Your wings ARE fluffy. I really want to pet them (I know I'm strange, but I just have to touch anything that's fluffy, I'm terrible like that in fabric shops!).
Did you make the bow in the back as well, what about the red ribbon that come off at the back?

Also I noticed you didn't have trim on the edge of your skirts?

But overall just brilliant!

Unread 06-18-2012, 01:44 AM   #6500
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

steffi, so sorry about your exam.

prissi, you look amazing and your wig looks great! Probably the best yellow wig i have ever seen and looks good with your complexion. I also love how fluffy your skirt is.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 09:18 AM   #6501
MirniMausi
Just live more

Steffi:Good luck with your exam!

I can start my next cosplay in august, when a friend comes over who has more experience than me. However, in the meantime, I'll go to a Sailor Moon Fanmeet (July). I soooo look foward to this <3

Prissi:Awesome! Congratulations on your cosplay!!! Can't wait to see it with all the missing parts added *-*

~Up Next~
Yoko Minato/ Kamen Rider Marika (Kamen Rider Gaim)

Last edited by MirniMausi : 06-18-2012 at 09:20 AM.
MirniMausi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #6502
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Aaaaah Prissi, your Myu Moon looks spectacular!! *u* I can't even imagine how much of a challenge constructing it is, Myu Saturn gave me enough trouble (and still is, the bodysuit seems to dislike that I've lost 20 pounds and gained muscle mass and is now tight in the shoulder area). I love your fluffy fluffy wings and your brooch especially!

I wish I could attend a con with you and pet your wings. *u* And also actually meet another Myu cosplayer while in my Myu Saturn, I'm always the only one, one of the reasons why I finally made anime/manga Saturn.
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #6503
Prissi

You guys, thank you!! <33

Steffi: Thank you! Don't be jealous, your costume is going to be just as awesome if not even more so, you're so much more experienced than I am!! <3 And yep -- you will be just as quick, because honestly once the collar is done, everything else doesn't take as long, and you're buying your wig. The wig seriously is the sole reason why I was late with my costume and ran out of time. Despite that, I honestly found this whole experience enjoyable. Having to intentionally burn my finger on hot glue at 5am four times over (because the first two buns ended up too small to fit over the stubs, and I couldn't get even small sections of hair to stick unless I smashed it and held it IN the hot glue) sucked, but I enjoyed the work still. I smiled a lot even when I was sick and working on this. So I imagine that once you've got all your obligations taken care of, you'll get it done quickly and awesomely!!!

- My boots are indeed the go-go 300 boots, and yes... they scuff way too easily. I was careful and still scuffed them. :/
- I did make the wing-butt-bow and the ribbons in the back, yep. As for petting my wings, there is nothing wrong with that... I AM TOTALLY the same way!! Hahaha. >____>
- Trim -- I couldn't find any in the colors that I needed and that I liked. So yes, I went trimless. I couldn't justify the extra $$$$ it was going to be for only God knows how many yards of the stuff for something I wasn't totally sold on. I realize this makes my costume less accurate, but I actually prefer how it looks trimless. So I was super careful with my hemming, but even then, the gold spandex just HAD to give me issues no matter how careful I was. Maybe someday if I find trim I like, I'll add it on. ;D (Or maybe when I make version 2. My mom told me to sell this one and make a new one, lol. No way is it something that would sell or do I want to let it go, it's precioussssssss, my first cosplay like this. My mom is interesting. >___>)

Tarina: Thank you thank you! I obsessed about the color of the wig so much and the dyeing process was hell and I will never dye a wig again. x___X Honestly, I'm not sure I got it right in the picture (it was taken at night inside my house and so I kind of had to adjust colors/exposure/stuff to try and get things right because the yellowness of the wig was really really important to me ) And I'm really excited about how fluffy the skirt turned out... I know it's more fluffy than in the Myu... which makes me wonder if they really are 2x circle skirts because dang, seriously, the amount of fabric I have in those skirts, you cannot see up the skirt at all. Might be the contribution of the horsehair braid, but.

Mirni: Thank you!! I can't wait either, but I first have to clean up the mess that my house has become as I've frantically been working on this costume. There's wig hair on the floor everywhere despite my efforts to keep it contained. >___>

Sui: Thank you!! Haha, the challenge was mostly mental... once I had it figured out the execution wasn't too bad. I would LOVE to attend a con with you and get pictures... that would be really sweet!! You make an amazing Saturn. <3

Last edited by Prissi : 06-18-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Unread 06-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #6504
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Sent you a PM, Prissi. ;D I really hope it helps!
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #6505
MirniMausi
Just live more

Quote:
Mirni: Thank you!! I can't wait either, but I first have to clean up the mess that my house has become as I've frantically been working on this costume. There's wig hair on the floor everywhere despite my efforts to keep it contained. >___>
Ohhh, I know that from somewhere... especially those yellow/blonde wigs are awfully obvious. I used to have black wigs mostly before and the main advantage was that you didn't really see the hair on dark carpet. But the yellow hair from Usagi wig is just EVERYWHERE. Even now I still find it somewehere sometimes and at places where I haven't even worn or carried the wig around oO

If I ever do that Myu-Moon-Cos, I hope it'll turn out as good as yours >w<

~Up Next~
Yoko Minato/ Kamen Rider Marika (Kamen Rider Gaim)
MirniMausi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #6506
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
You guys, thank you!! <33

Steffi: Thank you! Don't be jealous, your costume is going to be just as awesome if not even more so, you're so much more experienced than I am!! <3 And yep -- you will be just as quick, because honestly once the collar is done, everything else doesn't take as long, and you're buying your wig. The wig seriously is the sole reason why I was late with my costume and ran out of time. Despite that, I honestly found this whole experience enjoyable. Having to intentionally burn my finger on hot glue at 5am four times over (because the first two buns ended up too small to fit over the stubs, and I couldn't get even small sections of hair to stick unless I smashed it and held it IN the hot glue) sucked, but I enjoyed the work still. I smiled a lot even when I was sick and working on this. So I imagine that once you've got all your obligations taken care of, you'll get it done quickly and awesomely!!!
You're welcome! Ah, but yours is so bright and colourful and ruffly! Ah it doesn't matter for experience, I should of known better and used horsehair braid but didn't realise it was that easy to obtain and that my fabric store also sells it >.> I plan to do Super Myu Moon some time next year so I'll remember then!
I'm planning on doing the collar tomorrow actually, I had the pattern drawn out ages ago, I just need to keep adjusting it until I'm happy, so it might not be completed tomorrow.
But it was worth being late, the wig looks fantastic! Yeah, once the majority of the costume is done, all the ranting and cursing sure pays off!
Wow, I would never have the dedication to work 5am in the morning! Nuh-uh I'm way too lazy for that. Did you use ice water when pressing the hot glue down so you don't burn yourself? :3
Well my exam went well (I think), I actually finished on time, though I felt really sick before it and *suddenly disappeared* once I was finished >.>
But I'm a free woman now and can look for employment whilst working on my cosplay!

Quote:
- My boots are indeed the go-go 300 boots, and yes... they scuff way too easily. I was careful and still scuffed them. :/
- I did make the wing-butt-bow and the ribbons in the back, yep. As for petting my wings, there is nothing wrong with that... I AM TOTALLY the same way!! Hahaha. >____>
- Trim -- I couldn't find any in the colors that I needed and that I liked. So yes, I went trimless. I couldn't justify the extra $$$$ it was going to be for only God knows how many yards of the stuff for something I wasn't totally sold on. I realize this makes my costume less accurate, but I actually prefer how it looks trimless. So I was super careful with my hemming, but even then, the gold spandex just HAD to give me issues no matter how careful I was. Maybe someday if I find trim I like, I'll add it on. ;D (Or maybe when I make version 2. My mom told me to sell this one and make a new one, lol. No way is it something that would sell or do I want to let it go, it's precioussssssss, my first cosplay like this. My mom is interesting. >___>)
Mine are plonked in the corner, I'll work on the boot covers last, along with wiring the skirt, so I can focus on the more important things.
Ah you should take a picture of the back! Haha, well I won't be able to pet your wings, but thankfully I get to make my own and pet all I wish
Tell me about it, the rim for my skirts cost a bombshell because I had to get so much of it >.> The gold trim for the bodice and what I'll use for the collar isn't so bad though.
Yeah, the trim isn't all that noticeable in the musicals anyway!
I hated the blue spandex *shakes fist* darn you, why did you have to be the largest and most time consuming tier!? I'm not looking forward to putting wire through it. It'll take me hours!
No way, I wouldn't sell such a costume until years to come! You'd get a good amount of money for it though!

Unread 06-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #6507
Prissi

Mirni: I'm sure it will!
Steffi: Glad your exam is all over and you're freeeeeeeee~~ can't wait to see your costume updates in the weeks to come!! I did use ice water... and I still didn't feel like it did me a lot of good >_> If you find that the wire still won't work, is it too much work to unpick the hems and put horsehair braid in?
Unread 06-21-2012, 03:52 AM   #6508
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Mirni: I'm sure it will!
Steffi: Glad your exam is all over and you're freeeeeeeee~~ can't wait to see your costume updates in the weeks to come!! I did use ice water... and I still didn't feel like it did me a lot of good >_> If you find that the wire still won't work, is it too much work to unpick the hems and put horsehair braid in?
Yeah I thought about unpicking it, but I think it would be just too much hassle. But we'll see, I'm sure the wire will be fine, I would be then able to adjust it according to my liking.
Though, I do have some progress, my collar is half-way done! I had to modify my existing pattern that I sketched out to make it "angled" at the back and more thinner in the front. Put stretchy interfacing in it and zigzag stitched the outer edges. Just need to stitch on the seam allowance, then add trim c: I'll probably take a picture before I add the trim, though.
I'm surprised at how well the collar has turned out, especially so quickly!

Unread 06-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #6509
Prissi

Yay for collar progress!! yeah I found that the collar pattern from lynleigh didn't make much sense when translated to my proportions or something. Felt like it was way too round in the front but I'm sure there is something I'm missing. I ended up doing the same, but I'm not sure I trimmed off enough in front so I'm not sure if I'm completely happy with the shape. Doesn't help that it's all covered so it is hard to see the true shape but oh well. Glad you're happy with yours!

I agree, the wire will do perfectly once you get it in. I just wasn't sure if it would be harder to get in which is why I suggested maybe unpicking. >.> When I was wiring my hip rolls, it was a nightmare to get it to stay in the middle of the roll and then turns out I probably didn't need it.

My current nightmare: shaping the hair feather pins. I've spent like 2 days on that and haven't gotten any shapes I am happy with lol.
Unread 06-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #6510
MinaUchiha2
Cosplay not in a can

Wore my Princess Serenity cosplay a few weeks ago and finally got some pictures!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...58371372_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...54384526_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...52667981_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...77013832_n.jpg

Still pretty proud of it. <3 Need to fix my sleeves later on.

2014 Cosplays for Ichibancon/Triadanimecon/Nashicon/Animazement:
Eternal Sailor Moon & Fruits Usagi, Sailor Moon.
Upgraded Magical Girl Mami, Madoka Magica.
School & SAO Asuna, Sword Art Online.
Code Black in Ashford C.C., Code Geass.
Mimori & Takamina, AKB0048.
Ballgown!TARDIS, Doctor Who.
And lots of Lolita.
MinaUchiha2 is offline   Reply With Quote