Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 06-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #6511
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaUchiha2 View Post
Wore my Princess Serenity cosplay a few weeks ago and finally got some pictures!
You all look very beautiful.
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-23-2012, 04:38 AM   #6512
Amidoji
Desert Chikin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaUchiha2 View Post
Wore my Princess Serenity cosplay a few weeks ago and finally got some pictures!

Still pretty proud of it. <3 Need to fix my sleeves later on.
I love the natural color of the wig. Very nice!
Amidoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 05:39 AM   #6513
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Yay I finally nabbed my Dad's camera (which he said I can keep) so I took to getting progress shots of my cosplay.
You can view the progress shots here: http://steffisan.deviantart.com/gallery/25113869

I'm currently trying to finish stitching on the bodice trim, though. I need to get some gold thread before I stitch on the trim to the collar, which I'll probably get tomorrow.

I'll also take a picture of me wearing the cosplay later as well, then you can see whether the length of the skirt is any better c:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

MinaUchiha2: You look great, and your wig looks so soft and has a nice tone to it. I bet it was both a lot of fun to wear, but also a pain walking around in it! I always had to hike up my Neo Queen Serenity skirt >.>
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #6514
Ranma 1-2

Steffi progress looks great, very beautiful. Only concern is the pic of the ESM blue collar - the shape doesnt look right to me - I'll tell you what I think: we know the front lapel parts of the collar should form a v shape, and so you have made your collar neckline in a v shape. ..which should be right, except it doesnt work out this way when you put it on. I think you will find the collar will stick out stubbornly above your shoulders and refuse to lie down. The reason for this is because our shoulders slope down from the neck. If you do find this happening the fix is to cut the collar inside neckline straight down in line with the main square shape, so the front pieces don't meet when the collar is laid out flat. - Then when you put it on, the slope of your shoulders will bring the two front lapel pieces together to form the v and it will fit snug over your shoulders too.
At least..this is what I found making my sailor collars. But if your collar fits you fine as it is just ignore my rambling. ^^
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 06-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #6515
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma 1-2 View Post
Steffi progress looks great, very beautiful. Only concern is the pic of the ESM blue collar - the shape doesnt look right to me - I'll tell you what I think: we know the front lapel parts of the collar should form a v shape, and so you have made your collar neckline in a v shape. ..which should be right, except it doesnt work out this way when you put it on. I think you will find the collar will stick out stubbornly above your shoulders and refuse to lie down. The reason for this is because our shoulders slope down from the neck. If you do find this happening the fix is to cut the collar inside neckline straight down in line with the main square shape, so the front pieces don't meet when the collar is laid out flat. - Then when you put it on, the slope of your shoulders will bring the two front lapel pieces together to form the v and it will fit snug over your shoulders too.
At least..this is what I found making my sailor collars. But if your collar fits you fine as it is just ignore my rambling. ^^
I think it fit me fine, but I have yet to put some wire in it to help it's shape, so that might help to flatten it in the shoulder area. I'm not going to attach the collar for a while as I'm focusing on other parts of the costume. But thank you for your suggestion c:

Sailor Collars are a funny thing and my last one for Sailor Moon cosplay turned to poop.. ^^;

Unread 06-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #6516
Prissi
tsukini kawatte oshiokiyo

So. Boots. Inverted v's. i have lost my motivation to mess with boots and I couldn't find white pleather, so my only option is to cut the boots into the v which I don't really want to. :/ what do you guys think, will it be so bad if I just do a pink stripe around and not mod the boots?
Prissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 04:42 AM   #6517
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissi View Post
So. Boots. Inverted v's. i have lost my motivation to mess with boots and I couldn't find white pleather, so my only option is to cut the boots into the v which I don't really want to. :/ what do you guys think, will it be so bad if I just do a pink stripe around and not mod the boots?
It wouldn't be bad at all, you could easily cut out pink fabric in a v-shape and that'll give it the illusion. I need to cut mine, though - but only a bit. I've cut these sorts of bots before and it wasn't a problem c:

Unread 06-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #6518
MinaUchiha2
Cosplay not in a can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma 1-2 View Post
You all look very beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amidoji View Post
I love the natural color of the wig. Very nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Steffi-x View Post
MinaUchiha2: You look great, and your wig looks so soft and has a nice tone to it. I bet it was both a lot of fun to wear, but also a pain walking around in it! I always had to hike up my Neo Queen Serenity skirt >.>
Thanks! Natural colored wig fun~. LOL Yes I had to picking up the skirt a LOT to walk around at all.

2014 Cosplays for Ichibancon/Triadanimecon/Nashicon/Animazement:
Eternal Sailor Moon & Fruits Usagi, Sailor Moon.
Upgraded Magical Girl Mami, Madoka Magica.
School & SAO Asuna, Sword Art Online.
Code Black in Ashford C.C., Code Geass.
Mimori & Takamina, AKB0048.
Ballgown!TARDIS, Doctor Who.
And lots of Lolita.
MinaUchiha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #6519
Prissi
tsukini kawatte oshiokiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Steffi-x View Post
It wouldn't be bad at all, you could easily cut out pink fabric in a v-shape and that'll give it the illusion. I need to cut mine, though - but only a bit. I've cut these sorts of bots before and it wasn't a problem c:
does the boots fabric fray or do anything weird at all? idk, maybe if I can cut it easily I should...

btw, Steffi, I looked at all your progress pictures on my phone yesterday and forgot to comment lol~ looking great! I like the trim you used for the bodice... i contemplated using that one before deciding I was going to go trimless, hehe. It really all looks great and is going to come together so beautifully! Love your sequin trim for the skirt. <3

Last edited by Prissi : 06-24-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Prissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #6520
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissi View Post
does the boots fabric fray or do anything weird at all? idk, maybe if I can cut it easily I should...

btw, Steffi, I looked at all your progress pictures on my phone yesterday and forgot to comment lol~ looking great! I like the trim you used for the bodice... i contemplated using that one before deciding I was going to go trimless, hehe. It really all looks great and is going to come together so beautifully! Love your sequin trim for the skirt. <3
Not at all, they're made out of PVC and PVC doesn't fray c: It doesn't do anything weird either and it would be easy to stitch it again if you don't like how it looks after cutting. But it's definitely worth it.

Ah thanks, I'm going to do waaaay more progress this week, so hopefully the collar and bodice will be done then I think I will do the hip rolls after that c:

Unread 06-28-2012, 05:15 AM   #6521
Ranma 1-2

2 -piece fuku

Guys I think maskedrose has discovered something Really usefull.. how to get the best of both worlds ie the close fit of a leotard type costume, with the freedom of a dress with briefs.

Now, I am thinking in the first instance of how much easier this is for restroom visits.. I know for me the whole of my costume has to come off because basically my bodice is like a leotard with no fasteners at the crotch.

So maskedrose's idea uses seperate bodice which ends at the hiproll and with skirt attached. Underneath are seperate dance briefs. Normal problem with this arrangement is the bodice (and skirt) rides up. But her solution is a button fixed on the white dance briefs waistband centre front and back. The fuku bodice has elastic loops on the inside at the ends of the hiproll dips. These simply hook onto the buttons and hold the bodice taught as if it were a leo. Brilliant! I love this idea so much I am going to shamelessly use it on my fukus. ^^

Here is a link to her bodice shape before skirt was attached. http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2997555/

I thought it was such a good idea it needed sharing. I asked her if it was ok to share this here on the discussion thread and she is quite happy to. So thanks maskedrose for your brilliant idea! This means I can now spend a whole day cosplaying senshi instead of just an afternoon..and I can actually drink instead of dying of thirst! ^_^ (How many of us have done that?)
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 06-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #6522
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

My wig came today! Yaay! I also did the outermost trim on the sailor collar, I think it looks okay! I also did one of the gloves yesterday but it ended up being too small, so I have to adjust the pattern piece. Though I think I'll do the gloves last,so I can focus on other things.
I also got some sculpey so I can start making the accessories.

The bodice trim is all complete as well.

I'll upload some progress pictures later ^-^

Last edited by x-Steffi-x : 06-29-2012 at 04:25 AM.
Unread 06-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #6523
Narnian
Secret Ninja Princess

Hello all! I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is the best type of fabric to use for the fuku skirts? I was thinking of using either Kona Cotton or Casa Satin.
Natsu (SCV)/Christa (AoT)/Tsubaki (SE)

~Con Plans~
Sakura-con 2014/Fanime 2014

Cosplay reference photos. Please do not hotlink.
Narnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #6524
MirniMausi
Life is SHOWTIME

Ranma: That's awesome, that'll really be useful <3 Thanks for sharing!

Steffi: Cant's wait to see more progress~

The yellow wig is back on the cosplay store's site, so I could finally order a new one for my Princess Serenity cos <3

~Up Next~
Kotoha Hanaori ~Shinkenger vs. Go-Onger Ending~ (Samurai Sentai Shinkenger)
Yoko Minato/ Kamen Rider Marika (Kamen Rider Gaim)
MirniMausi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #6525
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnian View Post
Hello all! I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is the best type of fabric to use for the fuku skirts? I was thinking of using either Kona Cotton or Casa Satin.
I used good quality bridal satin. You do need fabric with some stiffness if you want it to flare out at the hips. Its your choice wether to go for a matt or shiney finish fabric, just avoid all the thin flimsy fabrics.
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -