Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 221 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #6646
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
Not sure if anyone in here is currently working on Venus or Sailor V, but I found this shoe style that would be perfect for her. The only thing is I think the colors are off - it comes in red, black and brown so they'd have to be painted to be accurate. (For some reason I feel like I've seen red shoes for Venus before but I can't remember where. Could have been inaccurate fanart...)

http://www.aerosoles.com/eng/product/drapery/drapery

Attachment 39824
I'm doing a Sailor_V cosplay, but those are all too small >.< damn..Oh well..Also yea that would be inaccurate fanart..Her shoes as Venus are Orange
-Stocking (Panty & Stocking)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #6647
SuzuStarlight
Blade Brave

Those shoes look a lot like Venus but yes, you'll have to paint them. Venus' shoes are orange, sometimes a bit yellow-ish, but not red (except for V, that is). Maybe you might have seen those red shoes somewhere else. In the musicals, Mars also wears shoes like these but of course in red.

~Up Next~
Sailor Moon ~Classic Musical Fuku~ (Sera Myu)
Joyful Knight Candelira ~Human form~ (Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger)
Maybe: Eri ~Cheerleader Version~ (Tensou Sentai Goseiger)
SuzuStarlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #6648
PepperPerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
Not sure if anyone in here is currently working on Venus or Sailor V, but I found this shoe style that would be perfect for her. The only thing is I think the colors are off - it comes in red, black and brown so they'd have to be painted to be accurate. (For some reason I feel like I've seen red shoes for Venus before but I can't remember where. Could have been inaccurate fanart...)

http://www.aerosoles.com/eng/product/drapery/drapery

Attachment 39824
I am and they're perfect!!!! WOWWEEE!! Hehehee

Will do commissions if anyone is interested...
PepperPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #6649
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirniMausi View Post
Those shoes look a lot like Venus but yes, you'll have to paint them. Venus' shoes are orange, sometimes a bit yellow-ish, but not red (except for V, that is). Maybe you might have seen those red shoes somewhere else. In the musicals, Mars also wears shoes like these but of course in red.
Actually you will still need to paint then for Sailor-V....Hers are a deep blue..Not red..Only Mars' are red, but she doesn't have the ankle strap.
-Stocking (Panty & Stocking)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #6650
jrsailormoontm
BUNNY BUTT

So i never put together a costume but i was thinking of trying to put together my on serena school uniform. Can anyone share a good step by step tutorial for a sewing newbie?

Con Plans For 2013

Anime Next (maybe)
Otakon

COSTUME LIST
ino (naruto) matsumoto (bleach) ukraine (hetalia)

tristate area sailor moon cosplay group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crescentmoonloveaffair/
jrsailormoontm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #6651
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Oh man everyone, I really cannot recommend Unique Cosplay Props enough!

I commissioned all-purpose Hotaru purple stud earrings, Princess Saturn's diamond buttons, an individual gem for Super Saturn's choker star that I painted a Saturn symbol on the back of and then backed it with the metallic backing they provided, and a bigger than their standard heart brooch that they modified and cast from an existing heart brooch I had, that didn't suit my needs. Here's a closeup of the Super Saturn star choker brooch, the star is a metallic button I ordered off of Amazon thanks to a tip from an effing-amazing Super Sailor Mercury cosplayer on here. I love how subtle yet still visible if you look the Saturn symbol turned out, I painted it using a light purple acrylic paint.

The Princess buttons have no attachment backing since I'm still deciding how to attach them to the dress, choker ribbon, and shoe ankle straps. I'll figure that out once I actually construct the dress. XD

Seriously, guys, I cannot recommend them enough. They're so sweet and helpful and will blow you away! ;u;
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #6652
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

@Sui Kune: I've been considering commissioning them as I'm not making my accessories this time round. I really love their Super Sailor Moon brooches. It's my birthday next week so I'm going to order a set and some individual pieces~
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #6653
SuzuStarlight
Blade Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Actually you will still need to paint then for Sailor-V....Hers are a deep blue..Not red..Only Mars' are red, but she doesn't have the ankle strap.
Damn, you're right, haha! Haven't seen V's shoes in color for a while, haha!
Mars has an ankle strap, but only in the musicals. In any other adaptation, she doesn't have it.

~Up Next~
Unread 01-26-2013, 12:50 AM   #6654
sakura_petals

So I've been looking at contacts for my Sera Myu! Eternal Moon cosplay and I've narrowed it down to these three:

http://www.pinkyparadise.com/Max_Pur.../c22-mp-bl.htm

http://www.pinkyparadise.com/EOS_New...e6-j203-bl.htm

http://www.pinkyparadise.com/GEO_Xtr.../a8-wbs202.htm

Which is more suited to SM? I've already got light blue/grey eyes so it'd be for the extra effect.
sakura_petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #6655
SuzuStarlight
Blade Brave

Uh sorry, but why do you need blue contacts for SeraMyu Moon? In the musicals, the actresses do not wear contacts, so their eyes are brown, not blue oO

~Up Next~
Unread 01-27-2013, 06:16 AM   #6656
sakura_petals

^because I'm an idiot that forgot that little detail. But ignoring the fact that I said sera Myu, which one of those contacts would suit Usagi?
Unread 01-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #6657
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

OK, I think I finally decided which of my 6 planned Sailor Moon cosplays I'm gonna do first (since I'm not counting the Tuxedo Mask closet cosplay I did to make my cousin happy.) I'm going to try to do Saphir for New York Comic Con this year, if I can solve my wig problem ^^
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #6658
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

@Sakura Petals: I have ordered from Pinky Paradise before and my contacts literally came in three days. No kidding.
I needed them on prescription because of my short-sightedness and they were absolutely perfect. I had bought the New Adult pair in turquoise and red and although the colours are unrealistic, the black lines provide a good effect and make it seem, well, realistic. I was definitely going to buy the New Adult pair but in blue for my upcoming Super Sailor Moon cosplay.

Those lenses do enlarge your eyes slightly, but not in a way where it looks over-done and ugly like some other lenses because of their huge size. But are just right.

I have brown eyes and the colours remained bright and beautiful :3
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #6659
sakura_petals

Thanks Steffi, I might have to wait until I have more money for contacts. This cosplay has taken all my money, even with getting things I needed over 3 years!

But it's finally coming together, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I sewed on the front bow to the bodice this morning and yesterday I spent the whole day sewing in horsehair braid and trim on ONE skirt.

Why do things take longer than you realise?
Unread 02-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #6660
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Phew, crisis averted. Joann's discontinued their amazing sateen in all but like three colors, and I don't think I have any of my purple left after all, so I was screwed for Super Saturn parts. I discovered a listing on eBay that seemed to match the specifications the Joann's purple sateen had, so I ordered a yard to sample. It is indeed the discontinued sateen. *u*

Here's the listing, with lots of fun colors! I really, really can't recommend this sateen enough for fuku if anyone's shopping around for fuku fabric; the sheen is gorgeous in person, the fabric photographs amazingly, and it's soft but durable (I accidentally dribbled a little Coke on my skirt, but all it took was a gentle spot cleaning with water and letting it dry, no stain!). It just requires more frequent ironing than if you were working with a poly/cotton blend, since it's 100% cotton. It's also no-stretch, so if you prefer that for glove bands I'd look for a 97% cotton/3% spandex blend stretch sateen.

So so happy. *u* Now I just need to resample a couple dark brown stretch sateen fabrics to get a match for the bows, I'd have enough of that fabric left over if I didn't insist on doing the tails in a slight Super Sailormoon-esque flowy manner like how the Inners' tails are in this image.
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote