Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 205 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #6661
Prissi
tsukini kawatte oshiokiyo

Because all that perimeter on a circle skirt gets retardedly crazy!!!! I've sewn exactly one row of trim on each of my skirts (actually still working on the pink one) of three each. And sewing that horsehair braid is nothing short of torture (hemming circle skirts? omgggg.) and created kind of a line of ugliness where I pulled too tight on hemming I think, which is partially why I'm doing three rows of trim, to cover the obvious line of horsehair at those parts, particularly on my pink skirt. Admittedly I've been going really slowly with it, just kind of picking up some thread and sewing bits and pieces here and there when I come home in the mornings from night float, that sort of thing. I keep telling myself it will be Worth It (TM) though :P

Sui, do you mean the casa satin? o_____O Oh no, I'd been planning to use it. Not that I decided which fuku I wanted to do next or anything yet. >____> I'm actually kind of halfway plotting a Serenity-sort-of dress. With a skirt like this. http://www.saifou.com/entry/14869.html
Prissi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #6662
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

I meant their cotton sateen solids, but looking it up really quick, it looks like Joann's did discontinue their Casa satin. >:| How annoying, they do still have glitter Casa Collection satin though if you like glitter.

What a beautiful dress!! It really reminds me of the princess dresses, Romanesque. Whether it's actually Sailormoon-related or not, I'd love to see the results!
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #6663
sakura_petals

Did a few things over the last couple of days. 2 layers of skirt are hemmed and trim sewn on (they took me forever to do) and 1 boot cover is in it's final stage. Why do things always take longer than you think? I have also discovered that I HATE metallic thread!! It keeps fraying on me in the middle of sewing the stupid hems of the skirts. Photos to come later.

Pics:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...psae3816c3.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...psc548f7ef.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...ps818409b8.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...psa8a360ae.jpg

Any constructive criticism is good! Please let me know if there's anything I can change but remember that there are still things I need to do.

Last edited by sakura_petals : 02-05-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Adding pics
sakura_petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #6664
Prissi

Love how everything looks! What weight interfacing did you use for the chest-wings? I can't get mine to completely stay standing up lol, as well as you have. >_>

Sewing on trim takes forever... I'm still working on it hahaha.
Unread 02-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #6665
sakura_petals

It's not the trim that takes the longest, it's the heming with the horsehair braid! For the front/back bows and the collar I used the heaviest iron on interfacing I could find at the fabric store. I have 6 full days left to finish this cosplay! I feel like it's not going to be enough!

I still have most of the boot covers to finish, glove rolls and band to start, wings to start, skirts to join to the bodice, back bow to sew on and headband feathers to glue in place. The list just doesn't end!
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #6666
sakura_petals

So I'm hoping some of you can help me, I'm looking for the music that plays when Sailor Moon arrives during the musicals (Marina ver is best) and the 'sh'king' noise that plays when she strikes the SM pose. I'm wanting them for a skit that I'm thinking of doing for my con in a few weeks. The plan is to play the intro music, do the actions and saying in english then end with the sh'king noise and pose to end. I really don't want to have to go through an entire musical just to find 2 bits of music.

Don't worry about it, I've found the bits I need. Now I just need to find something to edit audio tracks with...

Last edited by sakura_petals : 02-15-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Unread 02-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #6667
Prissi

Try Audacity or Cool Edit pro
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #6668
Tenjou

hi everyone! for those who have made a Princess Serenity gown, have you followed a pattern or have you drafted your own? i'm thinking of doing mine on the fly since it seems to be a layered long circle skirt with the strapless bodice.

thank you for any help!
Unread 02-23-2013, 05:41 AM   #6669
Choco-Cosplay

Same as the comment above I'm looking for help with the princess serenity Gown specifically this one 1, 2, 3

Would using a pattern like this except adding quite a few more panels for that full drapey look and an empire waist work well?
Choco-Cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #6670
sakura_petals

Not sure if I can post this here but this is the idea I had for my skit:
http://youtu.be/gDM7LaQ7vmY

Please let me know what you think.

Also skirts are done:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...ps872abbbd.jpg

I just need to sew them on....

Last edited by sakura_petals : 02-23-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #6671
Zaiten

Hey guys, question time! :3 I'm finally starting work on my Senshi cosplays and I have a question about Super Sailor Chibimoon (Moon would also work). If you made the skirt, how did you do it? Dye like the manga, ribbons, tape, paint, or something else? I'm not sure how I want to go about it yet.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #6672
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Still need to work on polishing up my dressing skills, but finally tried on the Hotaru furisode ensemble with my wig and hair bow.

Here's a back view. (lol off-center hair bow.) So excited to wear this at Sakuracon and get assistance and tips from the Kimono Workshop. *u*
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #6673
MirniMausi
Just live more

Oh wow, this is really stunning, Sui!!!!

~Up Next~
Sailor Moon ~Classic Musical Fuku~ (Sera Myu)
Joyful Knight Candelira ~Human form~ (Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger)
Maybe: Eri ~Cheerleader Version~ (Tensou Sentai Goseiger)
MirniMausi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #6674
kiyo-chan
The Imaginary Monarch

@Choco

I wouldn't necessarily go with that pattern, as it looks very much like the bodice is the part of the skirt. When looking for a pattern, I'd personally look for something with the empire bodice you're looking for, as it seems much easier to make a long flowing skirt to adapt with, than create your own bodice. But that's just my two cents!

@Sakura

I love the idea for the skit! It's simple, and super effective- totally classic. Also, the skirts look amaaaazing!

@Zaiten

I can't say I've ever made the fuku, but if I had the opportunity I'd go with the manga style gradient. There's something just so wonderfully elegant about it- that's my vote!

@Sui

...that looks so ridiculously fantastic, dear god. I'm totally jealous- being practically 6ft tall makes kimono wearing seem... practically impossible for me, lol.
kiyo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #6675
sakura_petals

^ thanks! I thought so too about the skit plus it incorporates aspects of the anime and the musical.

I now have the skirts sewn onto the bodice, yay!

Now all I have to do before thursday is:
Glove rolls
Sew the skirts together
Attach the wings to the bodice
Glue my odango and hair 'feathers' to the headband.
Curl one pigtail
Sew elastic onto the bottom of the boot covers