Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 197 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #6721
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
I AM SUPER excited that they finally got Usagi's bangs/fringe right!
Moon's wig kind of reminds of this cosplayer's wig.

Overall, I prefer the old costumes. I don't like that for Mercury, Mars, and Venus, their underskirts don't match their front bows, and I'm not that huge of a fan of lamé for the skirts in general. I think they did a good job on the wigs and shoes definitely, but I really don't like how flat the skirts are. I much prefer the fluffy skirts the old costumes had. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate these costumes, I just liked the other costumes better. But I think the Tuxedo Mask costume is a definite improvement!
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #6722
Prissi
tsukini kawatte oshiokiyo

I don't like the new costumes as much -- loved the fluffy campiness of the old ones. These are definitely more classy and more serious bzns -- reminds me of PGSM/Princess Sailormoon which I guess makes sense since it was kind of more like Naoko-sama's vision. Agree on them "finally" getting the bangs right, but you know I went back and looked and I really like the way they did Anza's bangs, still had that Usagi look to it. But I also realized that for the first musical they actually DID do her bangs "right": http://seragallery.mabdese.net/index...e=Gaiden05.jpg

Also, going to debut my Seramyu Eternal Sailormoon at AX on Saturday for sure. :P Still working on a few things -- finishing wig, styling bangs, boots are my big projects, and little minutiae that are gonna take up forever and a day, I know.
Prissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #6723
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissi View Post
I don't like the new costumes as much -- loved the fluffy campiness of the old ones. These are definitely more classy and more serious bzns -- reminds me of PGSM/Princess Sailormoon which I guess makes sense since it was kind of more like Naoko-sama's vision. Agree on them "finally" getting the bangs right, but you know I went back and looked and I really like the way they did Anza's bangs, still had that Usagi look to it. But I also realized that for the first musical they actually DID do her bangs "right": http://seragallery.mabdese.net/index...e=Gaiden05.jpg
Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one that isn't a fan of the new costumes! And I agree about Anza's bangs--her wig gets way too much hate
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Unread 07-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #6724
MinaUchiha2
Cosplay not in a can

Did a few new Sailor Moon related costumes at the last con I went to, mostly ones using things that were already around from older costumes that just got reused.
I did Venus when she disguised herself as Sailor Moon, it was fun and someone actually figured it out when I wore it.
http://missmina2s-cosplays.tumblr.co...riginal-senshi
Finally finished Sailor V, I started her a good while ago and between working on all the senshi costumes for the Senshi Project figured it was a good break. I do want to go back and fix it up eventually.
http://missmina2s-cosplays.tumblr.co...lor-v-here-are

2014 Cosplays for Ichibancon/Triadanimecon/Nashicon/Animazement:
Eternal Sailor Moon & Fruits Usagi, Sailor Moon.
Upgraded Magical Girl Mami, Madoka Magica.
School & SAO Asuna, Sword Art Online.
Code Black in Ashford C.C., Code Geass.
Mimori & Takamina, AKB0048.
Ballgown!TARDIS, Doctor Who.
And lots of Lolita.
MinaUchiha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #6725
Prissi

I think they are super classy and look great for what they are, but to me they are more live action/TV costumes than the fluffy sparkly motto motto ridiculousness that I loved about the Myu. Yeah, I'll tell you that I would be one of the first to hate on Anza's old wigs, lololol... but honestly as I've gone through making my Eternal Sailormoon costume and have watched more Myu and looked at more pictures... by SuperS/Stars/Eien she looked good. Love the Eien bangs -- and her bangs over the straight generic cut of the Moons to follow -- and I was gonna attempt to do them on my own wig, but let's just say it was a miracle at all I managed to put together a Sailormoon wig... ran out of time and decided not to do anything to them until I can do it right. XD

Okay, so I debuted my Eternalmyumoon yesterday at AX. My first convention/cosplay experience... and what an experience it was XD I don't have any really good pictures of it yet, alas -- hoping some will turn up soon. Sadly, by the time I found the cosplay photobooth thing, they were shutting down and not taking pictures anymore :x The best full length shot I have right now is here -- http://instagram.com/p/bef2TLyHpo/ -- I'll post better pictures as soon as I can. <3 <3 <3

Best ever though -- my husband said that when these people with a crazy camera setup were taking video of my costume, he said the trim was sparkling like crazy and as I twirled around he told me he was thinking "Okay, that trim was worth it." <3 (It was a Christmas gift from him last year, and cost like $100). So yeah. So glad I decided to do the trim after all All those hours of sewing down point by point three rows of that trim... totally worthwhile. I am mostly happy with how this turned out (still annoyed at the collar, even after the redo hahahaha) and it wouldn't be me in a costume without something not completely done right? >_> (was missing the moon on the belt, sigh). Couldn't have done it without this thread though, seriously guys. So thank you. <3

Mina -- haha, love both outfits! The Sailor V one is especially lovely

Last edited by Prissi : 07-07-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Unread 07-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #6726
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Prissi: Your Eternal Moon is REALLY good!!!! I wish I could make a costume that good!!! Where did your husband get the trim? You look amazing!!! And I agree with the costumes looking more suited for a TV series than a live musical. But who know? The first stage costumes were redone before the first musical actually went on (remember Anza's gold gloves, or the First Stage Bows/Trim of Death?), so maybe they'll tweak these a little too before they actually open.

Mina: *sees Sailor Venus!Moon picture* O.O *dies* That. Is. AWESOME!!!! I love that so much!!!!!
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Unread 07-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #6727
MinaUchiha2
Cosplay not in a can

Fabulousity: Thanks! I plan to try to do Zoisite!Moon eventually to. It'll be awhile. XD To many moon costumes planed! I think the next SM outfit might be stewardess!Usagi.

2014 Cosplays for Ichibancon/Triadanimecon/Nashicon/Animazement:
Eternal Sailor Moon & Fruits Usagi, Sailor Moon.
Upgraded Magical Girl Mami, Madoka Magica.
School & SAO Asuna, Sword Art Online.
Code Black in Ashford C.C., Code Geass.
Mimori & Takamina, AKB0048.
Ballgown!TARDIS, Doctor Who.
And lots of Lolita.
MinaUchiha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #6728
Prissi

Fabulousity: Thank you so much! But you definitely can make one just like mine too! I didn't know how to use a sewing machine 1.5 years ago and this is pretty much my first cosplay. :P I seriously couldn't have done any of this without the power of the internet. I kind of documented the whole process, and I eventually will write about exactly how I did it but really most of the information is all here in this thread We got the trim online at Cosplay Supplies -- Sui Kune pointed it out to me. I don't think it's the exact Myu trim the more I stare at it, but close enough and comes in the right colors and it's from Japan so. It's extremely expensive, though, and extremely time consuming and frustrating sometimes, but so so worth it.

MinaUchiha2: Hahahaha Zoisite!Moon. You should do it! No such thing as too many Moon costumes... I think they kind of... multiply. >___> Like I started out wanting to make Seramyu eternal Moon thinking it was gonna be my only one... yeahhhhhhh now I wanna make them allllllllllllllllll.
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #6729
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

@Prissi - o_o My god your Myu Eternal Moon turned out breathtaking! It's seriously like you just stepped out of the musicals. The skirt trims look absolutely ravishing, I wish I could see all the bling in person!

Ahahahaha, I agree too about loving the old Myu costumes for their campy floofiness. XD I'll always love them too, and I'm also extremely excited about the new Myu and what new design they could bring to Saturn if they bring her back in. I also like how more futuristic the new costumes look, kinda like a more serious contrast to the fun and floofy old Myu costumes.

@Mina - Oh wow, your Sailor V and VenusMoon look amazing! VenusMoon is a thing of beauty and really needs more cosplaying love. *u*

I feel so magpie right now. I gathered up my S/Super Saturn and Princess Saturn accessories, alongside the Saturn Liprod I designed and commissioned (here's the maker!) and took a photo. *w* The acrylic Saturn sign is a reusable 3D forehead sign, like the 3D moons Serenity cosplayers use.
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:50 AM   #6730
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaUchiha2 View Post
Fabulousity: Thanks! I plan to try to do Zoisite!Moon eventually to. It'll be awhile. XD To many moon costumes planed! I think the next SM outfit might be stewardess!Usagi.
HA Just watched that episode today. One of my faves lol

I think you should totally do that cosplay. I've never seen one yet..I kinda wanna do the Minako when she dresses as Moon that one time. That was just the best lol

I was hoping to have my Sailor-V cosplay before Oct for a con, but it looks like that ain't happening
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):
-OC (Original Series)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)

WIP
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
-Yui Hirasawa (Attack On K-On!)
-Hanji (Attack On Titan)
-Takamina (AKB0048)
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
-Link (Zelda: OOT)
-Miku (Vocaloid, Galaxy Girls [fan models])

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #6731
Hybryda
Master of Disaster

Biscut: Thank you ^^ I still need to corect few details /mostly sword and moon wand/ and then I plan to make some outdoor photos

The new myu costumes looks great *3* /saving the picture if I ever feel the need to make something in this style *3*/

Next cosplay

Kid Loki | Batgirl | Nightcrawler | X-23
plans
Hybryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #6732
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

Finally, I'm doing a Sailor Mercury crossplay! Wish me luck.
Unread 07-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #6733
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojirojames2004 View Post
Finally, I'm doing a Sailor Mercury crossplay! Wish me luck.
Good luck!!! We're all here to help if you need us!
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Unread 07-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #6734
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

yaaaaay! my friend finished my sailor cosmos costume (I just have to make the accessories). it's so pretty! you can see it here on facebook~!
does anyone know where I can get dome shaped plastic...thingies to make her brooches out of? (not sure how else to describe them). I want them clear, I don't want to use Styrofoam.....anyone have any suggestions?
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 01:08 AM   #6735
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

Fabulousity - Muchos gracias, amiga. What I need to know is what type of make up she would wear (eyeshodow, rouge, etc.) Just asking.