Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 108 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 01-20-2007, 06:30 PM   #721
Emberly

Okay, I've only read maybe five pages of this thread. That's sad, huh? xD But I searched it a couple of times and didn't find anything. I haven't seen Sailor Moon since I was wee, anyone help me with some reference? I want to do a little Princess Rini. Any suggestions? What kind of material would everyone suggest?

And how would I do her forehead moon? ?_? It's my first Sailor Moon Costume... be nice. x3
Emberly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-20-2007, 09:35 PM   #722
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

TETSUYA_CASSHER's costume appears to be a satirical piece expressing a mix of a couple of stereotypes about cosplayers as thought of by the more general public - that most of them supposedly costume as catgirls or Sailor Moon characters.
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2007, 10:20 PM   #723
Alexia Ishtar
aka - Chibi Lenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emberly View Post
Okay, I've only read maybe five pages of this thread. That's sad, huh? xD But I searched it a couple of times and didn't find anything. I haven't seen Sailor Moon since I was wee, anyone help me with some reference? I want to do a little Princess Rini. Any suggestions? What kind of material would everyone suggest?

And how would I do her forehead moon? ?_? It's my first Sailor Moon Costume... be nice. x3
Well it would really depend what version of Chibi-Usa's Princess form you'd like to do. The Anime version has her in a dress that is very similar to Princess Serenity. The Manga version is a cute little pink dress (I promise I'll find pictures later X_x)

As for the cresent moon on the forehead what we did (my Black Moon Family) we made our moons out of sculpy and used spirit gum to attach them to our foreheads. There's pictures in my gallery of the family if you're not sure what I mean

v^.^

Need a Hogwarts Robe?
Alexia Ishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2007, 12:53 AM   #724
Usachan
cosplay dreams come true

Quote:

One idea to make Princess Rini's(Small Lady's) dress you could make entirely
out of scratch is silky white or pink satin and plenty of decadent trims. I've
attached a picture of her with the same dress as Princess Serenity wears in
the anime for you to have a look. I have to admit choosing this type of cosplay
is both very pretty and flattering! You could have a zipper put in the back if
you wanted, the choice is yours. I've never made a costume but I did some
research on what type of material would look best, hope this and more helps.

Last edited by Usachan : 09-12-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Usachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2007, 01:36 AM   #725
Hsien-Ko
Fun Sized

Omg ^^ It's sailor Leopard/Saturn!

^^ it's funny and awsome!
Hsien-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2007, 12:29 PM   #726
Usachan
cosplay dreams come true

Here is a reference picture to Princess Rini's manga version of that little
pink dress that I found for you. http://www.animegalleries.net/img/66453
Unread 01-21-2007, 07:54 PM   #727
Emberly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usachan View Post
One idea to make Princess Rini's(Small Lady's) dress you could make entirely
out of scratch is silky white or pink satin and plenty of decadent trims. I've
attached a picture of her with the same dress as Princess Serenity wears in
the anime for you to have a look. I have to admit choosing this type of cosplay
is both very pretty and flattering! You could have a zipper put in the back if
you wanted, the choice is yours. I've never made a costume but I did some
research on what type of material would look best, hope this and more helps.
Thanks! That is the verison of the outfit I want... I didn't know that there were two different verisons! I like the anime one most, just personally. I plan on making it myself, but I can hardly find any pictures.

Anyone have any more? What I really need is the back, and a full length. I guess since Princess Serenity's is the same, that'll work too!

Any suggestions on a pattern, too? I have ideas, but any good suggestions are welcome.

Oh! And what about the sleeves? For anyone who's done anything like this, did you have them attatched? Or not? How do you suggest doing them, anyone?

Last edited by Emberly : 01-21-2007 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Sleeves!
Emberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2007, 09:09 PM   #728
Usachan
cosplay dreams come true

Quote:
Thanks! That is the verison of the outfit I want... I didn't know that there were two different verisons! I like the anime one most, just personally. I plan on making it myself, but I can hardly find any pictures.

Anyone have any more? What I really need is the back, and a full length. I guess since Princess Serenity's is the same, that'll work too!

Any suggestions on a pattern, too? I have ideas, but any good suggestions are welcome.

Oh! And what about the sleeves? For anyone who's done anything like this, did you have them attatched? Or not? How do you suggest doing them, anyone?
Well, again you are in luck I put up 5 pictures for you. I had 2 more pictures
that I wanted to post, but they didn't look that good, so I didn't bother to
post them. You could also use a pure white dress either wedding or a prom
dress will do. Anywhoo if there is a fabric store near you, ask about a dress
pattern and maybe you can find something close to what you are looking for.

Last edited by Usachan : 09-12-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Unread 01-22-2007, 09:49 AM   #729
rainbow_dancer
cute :3 kawaii !!!

EMBERLY--to make them i'd just get some cotton and batting and make them go around your arm. like if you were to make the sailor sleeves. make stitches through the batting. as for the under sticking out part. i like white feathers(with satain or fake satain forgot what its called...it looks very elegant and realistic if she was a real princess and not a cartoon) since i was/am planning on this costume i was doing alot of research. or if you've seen sailor stars...how the scouts sleeves are there. like really poofy...like that one girl on napilion dynamite's sleeves...that'd also look good. like big poofy 80's sleeves. that one is probly the easiest for your first costume. ^_^ and i think it'd look super cute.

Anime Detour: Rena.hack// ::::: Acen: anthy himemiya from revolutionary girl utena::: Acen:: Nico// love live.
rainbow_dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2007, 01:48 PM   #730
rainbow_dancer

okay...i've come really close to finishing my costume. i think it looks crapy because i didn't use *hugs* sailor moon pattern and guessed/looked up info on most things. but i'm low on fabric now so can't go back... but anyways. i'm having alittle trouble on the skirt...i don't have enough to make pleats so my mom suggested something called "gathering" and i've seen what i think a "gathering" looks like on some pictures. n.n and it looks realistic but how would i go about doing this so it looks good...my mom tried and it looks really stupid how she did it...any tips, tricks, or anything else that might help with this??

and gloves...i'm just buying a pair from clairs or the party store. but i'm making the tops now. i have fabric, and batting. what method looks best?? i was thinking of cutting a few strips of fabric and then rolling the batting and sew shut and then sewing together or make one big strip of fabric and putting batting in the middle...sewing across batting to give the "effect"...thanks!!!

Anime Detour: Rena.hack// ::::: Acen: anthy himemiya from revolutionary girl utena::: Acen:: Nico// love live.
Unread 01-22-2007, 08:02 PM   #731
Usachan
cosplay dreams come true

My mom bought my gloves from Claries as well! That's one place you can
go to find good quality gloves (elbow long or wrist short) or a costume shop.

When it comes dwon to making the *tops" you call them, you could better
yet try red ribbon, red felt and stuffing. You want to attach three strips
of red ribbon around the open end of one glove with hot glue or by sewing.

Repeat for other glove. Attach either three strips of felt or one wide
strip of felt around the open end of one glove. Repeat for other glove.

Measure the appropriate length around your elbow before cutting the
length of your cloth. Cut the width of the cloth at a little more than
double the desired height for the entire ensemble of the three bands.

Fold the cloth in half along its length and put a little stuffing along
the inside of the fold, then sew along the length to secure the band.

Put some stuffing inside the cloth, next to the seam you just sewed,
and sew along the length again to secure the second band. Put some
stuffing inside the cloth, next to the seam you just sewed, and sew
along the length again to secure the third band. Depending on how
you choose to attach the ensemble to your gloves, choose whether
or not you should tuck the ends inside. Sew the completed ensemble
to your glove. Repeat process for other glove. (These glove tips and
more can be found on the following link that I cut and paste here for you)

http://www.minimanga.com/~eminblack/...smcostume.html
Unread 01-22-2007, 08:49 PM   #732
Alexia Ishtar
aka - Chibi Lenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_dancer View Post
... but anyways. i'm having alittle trouble on the skirt...i don't have enough to make pleats so my mom suggested something called "gathering" and i've seen what i think a "gathering" looks like on some pictures. n.n and it looks realistic but how would i go about doing this so it looks good...my mom tried and it looks really stupid how she did it...any tips, tricks, or anything else that might help with this??
Awweeee *hugs!* You don't need the Sailor Moon pattern to do this *pet pets* I didn't use one for mine mostly because I forgot it even existed. My SeraMyu Jupiter is an example of a 'gathered' skirt rather than a pleated skirt.:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=846969
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=841907

I really need to get better pictures for this. To gather a skirt you want to put your skrit together and for the top run a line of stiching at a regular length stich. Then 3/4s of an inch on one side of the stitching run another line of stitching at the longest stitch length leaving long ends. Now holding onto one of the ends of the extra string and start pulling it gently and gathering the skirt.

Here are some pictures, though they're a bit crude in my explanation

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...planation1.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...planation2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_dancer View Post
...and gloves...i'm just buying a pair from clairs or the party store. but i'm making the tops now. i have fabric, and batting. what method looks best?? i was thinking of cutting a few strips of fabric and then rolling the batting and sew shut and then sewing together or make one big strip of fabric and putting batting in the middle...sewing across batting to give the "effect"...thanks!!!
What I did for my glove tops is this. Measure around your arm to make sure you get a good snug fit but not too tight that you can't bend your elbow. Make a rectangle piece of fabric and with the right sides together and sew along the top and the two sides leaving the bottom open. Stuff the batting into the bottom until its the thickness you'd like and sew the bottom shut.

Once you do that you want to run two lines of sittching to 'bubble' the battin gin the fabric to give you that tripple ridge look

v^.^ Hope I helped (and sorry about the crude pictures)

Need a Hogwarts Robe?
Unread 01-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #733
rainbow_dancer

UsaChan--thanks for the site!!! i thought i've seen the site before but just lost the link. thank you very much. n,n

alexia ishstar--*gives hug back* yah. i thought it'd be helpful but since it was about 20 sizes too small and the explanation wasn't that good...4 months searching for it and no good. but anyways.

your explanation wasn't crude at all !!! your skirt was exactly what i was looking for !!! i've seen this explanation on a site before but they called it something really stupid and gave too many details for such a small brain like mine. can you make the stitches with a sewing machine?? or do you have to do them by hand? how would they stay in place?

and the glove explanation was good too. ^_^ i didn't think of cutting the strips rectangular before. thank you for your help also!! *bows*

Unread 01-22-2007, 11:11 PM   #734
Alexia Ishtar
aka - Chibi Lenne

Ah no you can do them by machine, there should be a dial or setting depending on your machine to lengthen or shorten stitch length. To keep them in place after you have skirt gathered you run another line of refular length stitching over the gathered part at the top ^.^

Need a Hogwarts Robe?
Unread 01-23-2007, 05:30 PM   #735
tsukinohime3
Locked in my Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexia Ishtar View Post
One new project I'm working on is I think for Anime North this year, for the Thursday night (unofficial first day of the con with nothing happening >.>) some of us are going to have a PJ party. I'm planning on Michiru (of course as she's my uber favorite ^.^ ) I'm stuck though on what style of PJ's to wear/make T_T
I was thinking something similar to what Usachan posted for Ami, but with probably more ruffles and lace and with a silk-like fabric more green in color. Michiru is a girly girl.
tsukinohime3 is offline   Reply With Quote