Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Otakuthon

Unread 11-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #1
Kildread
I can fix it!

How many folks from here go to Otakuthon?

Just checking if this forum is as dead as the lack of topics imply --- or people just lurk. Since I'll be going there in 2011.

EDIT: OK --- I feel dumb and there's no delete thread button --- seems the forum default for threads showing is 1 month and my account was set to use that. Soooo --- this is pretty much a thread for folks like me who are just starting to join the cosplay scene and don't know a whole lot of folks in the events.

Planned cosplays for the event :

Megamind
Jellal Fernandes (Fairy Tail)
Still up in the air for the last one --- I might do something easy like Ethan Mars from Heavy Rain.

Last edited by Kildread : 11-28-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
genkimami
Trial of the dragonnnnnnn

Usually the forum is more active during the months closer to the con I went last time and I'll be going again in 2011. I went with a few friends, but I don't know many people from the cos.com forums, though. I'll be cosplaying from Persona 3 with 2 other friends.

Last edited by genkimami : 11-29-2010 at 09:40 PM.
genkimami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
Kildread
I can fix it!

I like to plan very early it seems. Which characters of P3 will you have? (If that's not a secret)

I'll totally want to take pictures of you guys. Persona being one of my favorite series since I played Eternal Punishment.

My photo gallery on here doesn't show it, but taking pictures of cosplays is the second best thing next to dressing up at conventions for me. (Oh hey, I photographed that Zelda at Cape & Kimono in Québec!)
Unread 11-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #4
jusdepomme
Beyond Dreams Cosplay

I'll be there as always! But this time, I'm in charge of the masquerade

Follow your dreams, who knows where they'll get you?

jusdepomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
genkimami

I'm going to be cosplaying Fuuka with 2 other friends as Mitsuru and Junpei. Mitsuru is already complete (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/131511/), but the other 2 have yet to be started. I feel like we're planning really in advance too!

I like to take cosplay photos too and Otakuthon is just great for pictures since the convention center has good lighting and nice spots (better than Cape & Kimono).

Last edited by genkimami : 11-29-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Unread 11-29-2010, 05:31 PM   #6
Kildread
I can fix it!

It's not that hard to be better than a small part of an hotel floor in the middle of a crowded city portion :P

I'll be keeping an eye out for your group on that date then! (Although I would regardless, considering it's Persona and all).
Unread 11-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
Kaoru133

I'll probably go for a day, since im going to Otakon and Otakuthon is a week later xD but if i dont spend alot of money at otakon maybe i'll go for the whole weekend O.o
Kaoru133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
genkimami

Well ok, comparing it to the location of Cape & Kimono isn't saying much, but really the location for Otakuthon is great. I was really impressed with it!

We'll be wearing our P3 cosplays Saturday and Sunday so there's a good chance you'll see us. Hopefully we'll run into each other! (I feel kinda silly talking about the convention that much ahead of time, hahah)

Last edited by genkimami : 12-06-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Unread 11-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #9
VickyBunnyAngel
Puchuu

What Genkimami said, it's not that Otakuthon isn't a popular event (you'll find the Otakuthon forums on their actual website is much more active than the one here on cosplay.com), but this forum doesn't get a lot of attention until a few months closer to the con.

I've gone twice in loved it! Will be returning again in 2011 for sure. My cosplay list is unconfirmed, but I'm crossing my fingers that I finish Hrist from Valkyrie Profile

Emerald Scorpion Creations
2012 Upcoming conventions: G-Anime, Katsucon, Con-G, Anime North, Otakuthon, Fan Expo, Youmacon

Costumes 2012: Yuuko (xxxHolic), Miku (Alice Human Sacrifice Vocaloid), V-13 (Blazblue), Homura (Puella Magi Madoka Magica), Ninian (Fire Emblem), La Noire Musketeer (Granado Espada)

Watch me on deviantART: http://vickybunnyangel.deviantart.com/

Join me at Costume Con 32 in Toronto!
VickyBunnyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 06:55 AM   #10
Otaking97
Terrible Great King

Not me. I barely make the Toronto cons anymore which are close to me.

My HUGE ASS Anime/Manga/Figure collection:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=352110
Otaking97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #11
Jerseymilk
FangirlHunterExtrodinaire

This past summer was my first time going and I was really impressed with it. The location, cosplays, events, surrounding area(Chinatown etc.), and just general atmosphere of the con are wonderful. Definitely didn't regret my last-minute decision to go. XD Will be returning in 2011 for sure!

Vicky: I remember seeing you in the lower lobby getting pictures taken. Your cosplay was very beautiful to see in real life.
Blood Elf Mage- WoW
Jerseymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 11:16 AM   #12
Kildread
I can fix it!

@VickyBunnyAngel : I should consider joining their official forums, part of me was hoping to just register here and go from there, as I plan to check out more than just cons in my country. If you actually finish Hrist for Otakuthon, I'll be sure to look you up --- your costumes are amazing!

@JerseyMilk : I skipped out this year, as it was much too last-minute for me, and I wanted to actually have costumes on that time (Getting them commissionned on such short notice is a bad idea). 2011 is for real though --- and my sister's in Montreal, so it's less trouble to attend Otakuthon for me than Anime North. Really looking forward to it, I've seen plenty of pictures from the event of this year.
Unread 12-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #13
MDA
Destiny Productions

I've gone the last two years, and I can't wait for next year

I already have a couple things planned.

1) Participate in the masquerade again
2) Cosplays~!

I've figured out 2 of my cosplays.

Fri: Yoko Littner (in a nurse outfit) from Gurren Lagann
Sat: girl!Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (masq. cosplay)
Sun: ...debating between bringing Rider from Fate/stay night again (but the wig and accessories are annoying), or wearing Agito/Akito Wanijima from Air Gear (awkward due to the eyepatch and long straps).

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #14
Kildread
I can fix it!

@Otaking97 : Shame. Your anime (I think all that is anime, didn't spot anything else) collection is staggering. I thought I had a large game collection by myself, but it pales in comparison!

@MDA : We might run into each other on one of those days. I'll likely be easy to spot as Megamind with a camera
Unread 12-04-2010, 11:26 PM   #15
MDA
Destiny Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
@MDA : We might run into each other on one of those days. I'll likely be easy to spot as Megamind with a camera
If I run into you when you're in Megamind, I so need a picture. As I sat watching the movie I was thinking "I guarantee, people are going to cosplay this...".

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote