Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 05-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #1861
Bovice

Did Fossil Park last night; I'll have to make a vid one of these days so you can see how I do my cardio there
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #1862
Bovice

Did a livestream of today's workout. So there's a bit more rest in between sets since I'm interacting with people, and not sure why the audio didn't work, but this is my workout for today, minus the 14 miles to bike here, 14 it'll take to get home, and Fossil Park later tonight.

http://www.justin.tv/bbccreamsoda/b/410231327

Also, looking at this video it seems sped up. All my reps look a fair amount faster than I actually did them (Was looking at the pull ups, lol no way I can go up that fast w/ 40 lbs attached)

Mainly legs, with a bit of active rest on lats

If there's any interest I'll post links here before I start streaming in the future
Unread 06-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #1863
nikkiolie

I AM BACK! I was at Fanime for a week then came home and was told I needed to go to LA for work the next day. Most of the time in LA my stomach was very upset so I didn't workout...plus they only really had cardio stuff.

Anyway. I am back on track. Going to the gym tonight and working on legs and back.....I may actually do everything today since I want to get back into my Monday, Wednesday, Friday lifting routine. Friday I am having a party after work and Saturday I am moving so there is my workout....Sunday will probably be another moving day or cardio. I am sooo excited to lift today though! I need to get back on track for my bench. I was at 105 the last time I lifted and that was the 20th so I imagine I will have lost some strength x.x

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #1864
Bovice

Was wondering where you wondered off to. Welcome back

Had a possible injury in the gym myself, have some pain in my right pec. Gonna try to go do my bodyweight obstacle course though tonight. Hated to skip it last night
Unread 06-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #1865
nikkiolie

Its been a crazy few weeks. x.x I am very happy to get back to normal though

Its always best to rest and recover fully rather than risking injuring yourself more. But I understand when you don't want to miss a workout.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #1866
Bovice

This video is dirt old and things have changed over the 10 months I've been doing it, but here's a vid of what I actually do at Fossil park (gimped as compared to what I do now)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3uYUDBbGOc

Changes to date

-Added in warmup lap. Jog half a lap, then walk the other half. Getting to the orange pull up bars, I do a set of muscle ups

-I keep a faster running pace

-Easier things were done at 11 reps; they are now 12 reps

-More difficult things were done at 6 reps; they are all now 7 (When i first first started they were 5/10, added a rep to each, then did again for the furrent number)

-Laying leg raises. I alternate in angled ones to hit all of the core

-Monkey bars get 14 pull ups (started as 7 sets of 2, doing a set each time I crossed over, but now I don't really care where I do them, I just get 14 while I'm up there. Sometimes it's 2 and over; sometimes it's 3 sets of 4 + set of 2; sometimes it's 10 and 4, etc. Sometimes I'll just do the 14 and just cross then cross back)

-The hanging leg raise thing, I'll sometimes do as is, sometimes do a knee-raise in its place

-Dips are lower than shown in video. Going to parallel now

-Orange pull up bar (first lap): I'll do muscle ups till failure, then complete the remaining reps with pull ups.

-Log jumps: If you look two to the left, you'll see a much larger log. I use that one now and I hold an 11 lb dumbbell while doing the jumps; for lap two most things are a bit diff (one lap is pull ups, one is chin ups, etc.); but the second exercise is now completely diff. I hold 2 dumbbells and jump onto one of the park tables for the same number of reps. Puts more work on my quads, having to jump higher, but having to jump backwards on the logs are also challenging, which is why I do both.

-The swing set pole is completely over. They installed swings on it, so instead, I do burpee table jumps. Push up, jump onto the table, for 10 reps. This is a bonus station (as was the pole) so it's not done each lap, just once at the very end

It's so diff now, this video doesn't do it justice at all. I'm planning on doing a new vid for the new version at the end of summer.

The vid is one lap;
Currently I do:

The warm-up lap that was prior mentioned

2 laps with all obstacles (the 3 non monkey bar pull ups bars for 2nd lap are chin ups instead, but still close, regular, and wide grips; then the table station I mentioned earlier)

Then I jog 4 laps, ignoring all stations but the orange pull up bars, which muscle ups are done until failure for the remaining 4 laps

bonus station of burpee table jumps at the end.

I usually go thurs/fri/sat

Basically posting this so I can say "Fossil Park" here instead of having to say I did 3 sets of 7 pull ups, 3 sets of 7 chin ups, etc. etc.

Last edited by Bovice : 06-06-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Unread 06-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #1867
Reionyx
It's Showtime!

Hope you guys don't mind if I get in on this as well....

I am not new to working out as I try to go to the gym on the weekends during university semesters. However, as it is the summer and I am not going to classes, I have upped my workouts within the last 3 weeks. A little more than a year ago, I was 220 lbs, went down to 115 lbs, and then started weight training which put me at 120 lbs. The areas I am working on at the moment are my legs and stomach, because….. let’s just say, they are still rather big looking despite my weight.
I put ‘new to’ beside some of them, because I have just started doing them, plus I am doing a 30 challenge.

Today for Exercise:
75 squats (30 of them with 10 lb weights in both hands)
20 situps (kinda new to)
8 crunches (new to)
8 leg raises (new to)
:15 plank (new to)
60 min jogging on the treadmill
I also did the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred level 1 video (my 4th time/ 30 min video). I am planning on doing the entire 30 day program.
Roughly comes out to be 707 calories in total.
Reionyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #1868
Bovice

707 calories seems low for anyone :/, if you get hungry after eating that, then eat. Focus on your workouts for now; you seem to be on track.
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #1869
Reionyx
It's Showtime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovice View Post
707 calories seems low for anyone :/, if you get hungry after eating that, then eat. Focus on your workouts for now; you seem to be on track.
That's 707 calories burned from the workouts. I eat around 1200 - 1400 calories a day.
Reionyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #1870
Bovice

oh okay, I was worried there for a second
Unread 06-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #1871
nikkiolie

Taking two weeks off really took a toll on my lifts x.x I was also going pretty easy since I have taken so much time off. I didn't want to get hurt.
Squats 1x10: 135
3x5: 185, 195, 195
Dead Lift 3x8: 95, 105, 115
Pull ups 3x5: 89, 89, 89
Leg Press 3x5: 200, 200, 200
Back Extensions 3x10 with 10 lb weight
lunges 3x8: 95, 95, 95
lat pull downs 3x8: 75, 75, 75
Rows 3x8: 75, 75, 75
Bent over rows 3x8: 45, 55, 55
planks x3: 1 min 15 secs, 30 seconds, 15 seconds (total 2 minutes)
total workout time was 55 minutes

I'm actually not too sore today. Tomorrow I move and Sunday will probably just be a light jog. Monday is back to lifting with chest, shoulders, and arms. I just hope my bench didn't go down too much x.x

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #1872
Bovice

You should be fine. You didn't take too much time off. In fact, it may have actually gone up from a full rest.

Did Fossil last night; going again tonight. Possibly twice tomorrow
Unread 06-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #1873
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

Ow, my fat ass......
I just did this. And I intend on sticking with it every day until con.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #1874
Bovice

Your core is like any other muscle, subject to over training and its associated injuries. You should throw some rest days in there as well.
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #1875
nikkiolie

Man my legs were so sore all weekend. It was so hard walking upstairs on Friday at a party I was at....and it didn't get any better moving Saturday. Though I am not sorry I missed a workout Saturday and Sunday. I was moving for roughly 4-5 hours on Saturday and most of the stuff was going up two flights of stairs. It was a hella hard workout...and all in 80 degree weather. I also moved more on Sunday but not nearly as much.

Today I get back to lifting and I will see how my bench is. I hope that you are right Bovice and I don't have too much of a set back.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14