Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 07-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #1906
MonkeyToe

I'm going to do my usual 60 minutes of Cardio this afternoon. I won't be doing it today, but usually while I am at work I take the time to do a few smaller workouts during the day that consist of stairs, push-ups, and bicep curls. I have been doing that for weeks. Every week I add more reps or a new exercise to the mix. So yesterday I did 7 flights of stairs, 5 reps push-ups on certain landings in the stairwell up to 45 total reps, and 20 bicep curls at 15 pounds. I repeated that 3 times. So at the end of the day yesterday it was 21 flights of stairs, 135 push-ups, and 60 curls.

I will do that again tomorrow. I only do that routine when I have a polo on so I don't get all sweaty in my nice shirts.
MonkeyToe is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #1907
Bovice

My last 2 blog entries which includes my past week's worth of workouts and my time at metrocon

http://cream-soda-bbc.tumblr.com/pos...4/7-23-31-2013
http://cream-soda-bbc.tumblr.com/pos...188/8-1-3-2013

I was going to do 8/1-4/ instead of 8/1-3/, but Sunday's workout was both the most unique workout and one of the best I've had in ages, so I'm going to do an individual write up for that day specifically

Edit: 8/4/2013 workout
http://cream-soda-bbc.tumblr.com/pos...98318/8-4-2013

Last edited by Bovice : 08-05-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #1908
Aziro

So sitting here about to type out my exercises I noticed something.

I usually do 30 min of dancing to k-pop or j-pop and then 40 situps

yet I hadn't done any situps today cause my back was hurting most of the day. So instead of just giving up I decided to power through the pain and I accomplished exercise goodness.

I danced 1 hr today and just did 50 situps. I'm proud of myself <3
Aziro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #1909
Jacecam32

Exercise... I dunno I kinda just go to the gym right now and get on machines. I got no names or anything exactly regular except for the 15 mins on the bike.

Breakfast 6am: 2 eggs 2 pieces of Bacon. 2 slices of toast with jalapeno jelly (its nice not hot at all) or peanut butter/honey on the toast
Coffee 9:30 am Granola Bar and Small drinkable yogurt.
Lunch Noon: 2 sandwiches normally chicken or turkey some mayo and mustard Lettuce and slices of cucumber and pepper and a slice of real cheese. fallowed by an apple.
Supper (is where things fall apart) Usually its either a McDonalds burger and a parfai with a medium drink. Or some rice/pasta bachelor mix with chicken or beef or fish.
Evening snack: A bowl of instant noodles. Or some peanut butter and crackers

My suppers aren't ever regular but my Breakfast and lunches are basically exactly those day in and day out. Any suggestions on better options or how to make my suppers better/more regular would be great. Also since I've just started in the gym any advice on workouts is nice (just starting and not wanting to hit it too hard so I don't hurt myself.)
Jacecam32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #1910
Bovice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziro View Post
So sitting here about to type out my exercises I noticed something.

I usually do 30 min of dancing to k-pop or j-pop and then 40 situps

yet I hadn't done any situps today cause my back was hurting most of the day. So instead of just giving up I decided to power through the pain and I accomplished exercise goodness.

I danced 1 hr today and just did 50 situps. I'm proud of myself <3
lol have my jpop and k-ballads in full blast for pretty much every workout. Great stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacecam32 View Post
Exercise... I dunno I kinda just go to the gym right now and get on machines. I got no names or anything exactly regular except for the 15 mins on the bike.

Breakfast 6am: 2 eggs 2 pieces of Bacon. 2 slices of toast with jalapeno jelly (its nice not hot at all) or peanut butter/honey on the toast
Coffee 9:30 am Granola Bar and Small drinkable yogurt.
Lunch Noon: 2 sandwiches normally chicken or turkey some mayo and mustard Lettuce and slices of cucumber and pepper and a slice of real cheese. fallowed by an apple.
Supper (is where things fall apart) Usually its either a McDonalds burger and a parfai with a medium drink. Or some rice/pasta bachelor mix with chicken or beef or fish.
Evening snack: A bowl of instant noodles. Or some peanut butter and crackers

My suppers aren't ever regular but my Breakfast and lunches are basically exactly those day in and day out. Any suggestions on better options or how to make my suppers better/more regular would be great. Also since I've just started in the gym any advice on workouts is nice (just starting and not wanting to hit it too hard so I don't hurt myself.)
Would advise learning the name of the machines and their corresponding functions. The fist four months I worked out, I also went for random machines, and got discouraged quickly, as I got no results. Then I sat back and came up with a more structured routine and things took off from there.
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #1911
Arbite
Shut up and move!

I don't think any human has ever suffered worse doms than I had on Tuesday.

High volume cleans, box squats then jerk/dip supersets. Still 82.5kg PR for full clean. Really need to work on my jerk.
Arbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #1912
Norakun91

I did jog down and back up the block a little while ago. I am not good at running and I wanna get to the point that I can jog a mile so I'm working up to it. I will also be doing my pilates in a bit and my arm exercises.
Norakun91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #1913
IamAriel

I did an ab workout today...IDK if it was good or not but it hurt. :P

http://www.cumberland.lib.nc.us/ccpl...nt/librari-con
IamAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #1914
Sorenbrian

So I'm looking to loose a bit or weight and tone up. I've been working hard on dieting, so I think it's the exercise I've been doing that's not doing the trick.

I've been dieting and exercising at the gym 4 times a week for the past month and a half and have not lost anything yet. Maybe you guys can lend me a hand?

First off, I don't know if this is important, but I am a girl, 21, 5'8", and I am sitting around 133 pounds right now. My goal is to get back down to about 120, and to tone up.

Here's about an average workout day and a breakdown of my eating habits:

Workout:
Treadmill, running for about 30 minutes
Stair master for about 15 minutes on level 7
Bike for about 30-40 minutes on its cardio setting.

Food:
I try to have two meals a ay with a snack either between them or at night.
Lunch is usually a deli meat sandwich on whole seat bread, apple sauce, dried banana chips or dried pineapple.
Dinner, usually two different veggies and either fish or chicken. Last night was a salmon burger, sautéed asparagus, red potatoes and a fresh salad.
Snacks are usually dried fruits, nuts, sesame sticks, kale chips, or yogurt.

So guys, what do you think? Should I pick up some lifting exercises? I heard that if you start gaining muscle before before you start losing the weight you want to loss, it'll make it harder... Especially around the stomach. I just don't know hat to do from here.

Any advice is helpful!
Sorenbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #1915
Saeli

Cardio: 31 minutes - 5% incline - 3.9 MPH - 301 calories lost

Food:
- Breakfast - Chicken / Cheese Sandwich on Wheat - 340 Calories
- Dark Chocolate Nutrition Protein Bar - 190 Calories
- Orange Juice - 110 Calories

Dinner:
- Chicken and Rice w/ Salsa - 545 calories

Snack:
- Greek Yogurt x2 - 240 Calories

Goal: 1250 max w/ exercise.

Total: 1425 / 1124 with exercise.
Saeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #1916
th3kru5her

th3kru5her is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #1917
Zeverae

xD I love the picture!~

I went to a Jazzercise body-sculpting class today, a roughly 45-50 min class.
That counted as my work-out since I have no access to a weight room or gym right now. (A fact that greatly irks me...)

The only other thing I can do is run, and oh how I hate running. No matter what shoes I wear my knees always hurt after 20-30 minutes. That's probably due to my past knee injuries though. T.T

Cosplays:
Rin Kagamine: Vocaloid - Finished
Nagisa Motomiya: AKB0048 - In construction
Naru Ayase: Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live - In construction

Future Cosplay Ideas:
Minami Takahashi (Takamina): AKB0048
Sonata Shinonome (Sonati): AKB0048 understudy
Zeverae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #1918
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Two days ago I walked a mile and did a little bit of weights (a little bit because I pushed myself so hard I almost blacked out). Gotta be more careful.

Slapthefatcat Cosplays
Southern Maryland Cosplay (Anyone can join)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #1919
trustychords
Bountylicious

I've been doing the Cher Fitness programme for a few weeks now, alternating between the Step Workout (beginners height) and Hips, Bums and Thighs. Due to achey legs today and because I did the steps yesterday and a few days before H, B & T, I just did some resistance bands, roughly 15 reps per style.

EDIT: I decided to do the 'Hot Dance' on the follow up DVD which I did last year and didn't find hard because I consider myself to have two left feet...I just put loads of welly into it not caring how I must look and I'm dripping 0_o Cuppa and shower time methinks!

Yoko (with rifle) and Kamina [Gurren Lagann]

Last edited by trustychords : 08-22-2013 at 11:04 AM.
trustychords is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #1920
Brittania

This summer I couldn't afford a gym membership so when it was too hot to run outside or raining I would do this exercise video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3zAG4zvVpc

I really like it and feel like I've gotten a good work out from it afterwards.

So a breakdown of what I do...
For running I'd say on average I run 3-4 times a week and their 5km runs. I'll start heading back to the gym when it gets cold since winter in Ontario sucks and my student fees will finally cover it once the new semester starts yay! I vary my cardio routine at the gym by either doing 5k on the treadmill or 35 min on the elliptical on the random hill setting. Some days I'll do the bike or half bike and half elliptical...depends on what I'm feeling :P.

Then after cardio I do about 15-20ish minutes of ab exercises and using the machines for arms and legs. The ab exercises include 1.5-2 min planks (1-3 sets...usually 2 tbh), different leg lift and cross leg things, the boat rowing thing (okay I really fail at names here) which I usually hold a 5lb weight thing for just to add an extra bit of resistance for my arms, and that side to side thing where you sit on your butt, hold your legs up and twist your body from side to side.

If you don't know that many exercises a thing that I've done is pay attention to what other people are doing at the gym and try to mix it into my own routine. It's always fun to switch up your routine a bit to keep it interesting.

As for weight loss lately I haven't been stickin to my diet as much lately but overall since starting to work out and eat better starting at the end of May I didn't notice a dramatic drop in weight and I'm okay with that. My body is much more toned though, my clothing that fit tight from bad eating during the school year fits properly now, and I have a flat stomach. I don't own a scale so I have no idea on the numbers and that's not really important to me anyways. I feel good though and genuinely enjoy exercising...like I'll feel crappy if I go to many days without it. For those of you starting or starting again it's rough at the beginning but ease into it and don't push yourself too hard. Most importantly find a way to make it fun for you

I recommend if there are any fitness free-for-alls at your local gyms to sign up for some free classes and get a feel for what you like.
Love cosplay? checkout interviews with cosplayers featured on ComicsandCosplay.com and get the latest news, rumors, reviews and galleries relating to Comic Books, Graphic Novels, Cosplay, Movies and related geekery.
Want to be featured on the site? You can submit your cosplay pics at comicsandcospay.com/submit-your-cosplay-pics
Brittania is offline   Reply With Quote