Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 12-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #61
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjr3412 View Post
I actually always personally found that I'd be more likely to change a correct answer to a wrong answer, so usually I only checked that I answered everything, and with scantrons that they weren't all off by one ... lol.
Oh okay then. You're excused.

Oh my gosh, I'm so disappointed in myself.
Workout for like Tuesday: none, I was up all night doing homework.

Workout for Wednesday: close to none, I never went to school because I've gotten literally like no sleep this week and slept.
Ballet- 1 hour,
Jazz production- 1 hour, but we have to stand off to the side a lot so that was more like 20-30 minutes instead.

Thursday: basically nothing. Danced around the school lobby a bit and then lyrical today: we ran the dance twice and talked the rest of the time.

:/
I hope I can do more tomorrow.

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #62
Mariks_Dragon
Distroyer of Yami

Food
Iced Mocha
Spinach Stuffed Pasta
1 Banana
3 oz steak, 2 white potatoes, 1 cup salad with tomato, cucumbers and carrot.
40 oz water.

Exercise
2 rounds love and joy
2 rounds night of fire

in 3 weeks I start my work out classes at school. which is 4 days a week.

Goddess from Speed Grapher

Szayel Aporro Granz Released from Bleach
Mariks_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #63
HomeDepot

Food:
Granola, yogurt, strawberries, two cups of coffee, two cups of water
two fried eggs, two pieces of toast, a clenentine, two cups of water (mmm protein)
salad, mashed potatoes, salmon, carrots, two cups of water
a piece of dark chocolate, more water throughout the evening.

Exercise:
50 mins on a treadmill. 4 miles at 8.5 min/mile pace, with slow jogging between each mile 5 miles total.

Mariks_Dragon Is it DDR that you are doing for exercise? That's what my cousin did to loose weight.
HomeDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #64
32spartan11
Spartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamenRiderAgito View Post
Exercise
Crunches (500, legs raised)
Modified push ups (50)

I just couldn't help myself.

I can barely do ten push ups, I don't know what possessed me to keep going. Feels like my arms are going to fall off.
Much more efficient to do a core circuit, You'll see better results than doing 500 crunches. Best exercise for your core would be the plank because it forces your core to stabilize what it is intended to do.

Here are two core circuits I have used.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KqPRGnQc0v...b+Circuits.jpg

If you need help decoding what some of the exercises actually entail feel free to ask. Just some tips.

my workout blog

http://weightgainersguide.blogspot.com/
32spartan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #65
KamenRiderAgito
ハチコ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32spartan11 View Post
Much more efficient to do a core circuit, You'll see better results than doing 500 crunches. Best exercise for your core would be the plank because it forces your core to stabilize what it is intended to do.

Here are two core circuits I have used.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KqPRGnQc0v...b+Circuits.jpg

If you need help decoding what some of the exercises actually entail feel free to ask. Just some tips.
I really want to try this out, but it looks like I'll have to wait until my ankle is fully healed before I can take a crack at most of the exercises. I've been doing jacknives and supermans for a while, so those won't be an issue.

As for hanging leg raises, I think I need a bit more upper body strength before I can even do one. Any suggestions of what I could do in the meantime?
Unread 12-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #66
KamenRiderAgito
ハチコ

Exercise
Crunches: (250 standard) (310 reverse)
Walking: 3mph, 30 min, 1.5 miles

Food
Lunch: Lime chicken, rice, baked beans
Snack: Chex mix
Dinner: Hamburger, 4 piece chicken McNugget
Snack: Check mix

Woke up late today, so I totally missed breakfast. I just wish the semester would end.
Unread 12-10-2010, 12:51 AM   #67
Mariks_Dragon
Distroyer of Yami

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDepot View Post
Food:
Granola, yogurt, strawberries, two cups of coffee, two cups of water
two fried eggs, two pieces of toast, a clenentine, two cups of water (mmm protein)
salad, mashed potatoes, salmon, carrots, two cups of water
a piece of dark chocolate, more water throughout the evening.

Exercise:
50 mins on a treadmill. 4 miles at 8.5 min/mile pace, with slow jogging between each mile 5 miles total.

Mariks_Dragon Is it DDR that you are doing for exercise? That's what my cousin did to loose weight.
Its not ddr. it is the para para dance version of those songs.

Night of Fire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1o1LgGlV88

Love and Joy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR3HP03xWH0

Goddess from Speed Grapher

Szayel Aporro Granz Released from Bleach
Mariks_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #68
Rjr3412
o-iii<0

Today's Update:

Exercise -
Back & Traps:
Deadlifts - 1 warmup (10) 4 sets (240)
Chin-ups - 3 or 4 sets
Bent over rows - Over/Under/Over (100/100/100)
Close grip cable rows - 3 sets (16 1/2)
Shrugs - 3 sets (75/75/60)

Food update:
So apparently I forgot to include milk in my numbers last time, woops.
Cals ~ 2050 P/C/F ~ 250/110/66

I think I'll end up dropping my carbs a bit lower next week, hmmm, this'll take some consideration.
Rjr3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #69
32spartan11
Spartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamenRiderAgito View Post
I really want to try this out, but it looks like I'll have to wait until my ankle is fully healed before I can take a crack at most of the exercises. I've been doing jacknives and supermans for a while, so those won't be an issue.

As for hanging leg raises, I think I need a bit more upper body strength before I can even do one. Any suggestions of what I could do in the meantime?
They actually have an apparatus in which you prop your self up on your forearms while your legs dangle you can use. If even that is too hard you could do the "ins and outs" from p90x where you sit on your butt, put your hands behind you to balance, and hold your legs in the air straightening them bringing then bringing them in towards your chest and repeating. The key is to use some sort of lower ab exercise in replace of the hanging leg raises.

If you need another alternative for a lower ab exercise I have more.

As for the ankle a regular plank(Bridge) can be done by stacking your legs so u don't have to use that ankle. or the pysioball just use your shins.

Substitute side bridges with oblique crunches and you can do the entire circuit for circuit one. Have fun with the circuit it can be pretty intense, I would recommend shooting for 10-25 reps once, 30-60 seconds for holds. Once you get to 25 reps or 60 seconds (It it just feels easier) add another round to the circuit.

my workout blog

http://weightgainersguide.blogspot.com/

Last edited by 32spartan11 : 12-10-2010 at 04:51 PM.
32spartan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2010, 09:17 AM   #70
Apsara
all around bum..

Exercise:
2 sets of 25 reps for lunges,
2 sets of 30 reps for sit ups,
2 sets of 10 reps for squats,
10 push-ups,
10 modified push-ups,
2 mile walk alternating with running,

Food:
Breakfast: Fist sized bowl of steamed rice with 3 pieces of roast duck, 1 cup of baby carrots, half of 1 trail mix bar, 1 glass of squeezed orange juice

Lunch: Fist sized bowl of steamed rice with 1 leg of roast duck, 1 cup of strawberries, 1 glass of squeezed orange juice,

Dinner: Fist sized bowl of steamed rice with 4 pieces of roast duck, several cups of water, finished the trail mix bar.

*grins* Goal is my 110 lbs weight and measurements of 24.5" waist with 33" hips back when I was 24. I was a runner then but I'm not running now. I'm at 116 lbs, 25 and 35.5 inches respectively now. Both very happy and very sad.

The only thing I liked about being "bigger" was my awesome booty. I knew starting out I would lose it but I looked in the mirror today and they're flatter than a pair of pancakes! Hopefully, as I lose some of the jiggle on my thighs, they'll show up again...probably not though.

Seeking Cosplayer Post: Adekan and Five Star Stories for Aki-con on Oct. 7th - 9th, 2011
Apsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #71
HomeDepot

Yesterday

Food:
Granola, yogurt, strawberries, two cups of coffee three cups of water
Hummas, with whole wheat bread, applesauce and yogurt, two cups of water
steak, salad, asparagus, a roll, two cups of water
a piece of dark chocolate more water through the evening

Exercise
50 ft of lunges, 2x20 push ups (6 modified) 25 sit ups, 50 obliques, 2x15 tricep dips, 2x12 butterflies (~7lbs) 15 squats then 15 second hold
45 mins on a stationary bike at >90rpm

today will entail no exercise...and likely beer. Because... I JUST FINISHED THE LSATS! WOOHOO

disclaimer: you shouldn't drink if you're under the age of 21 and alcohol is not a responsible means of stress control :P
HomeDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #72
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Haha, I feel like all of yesterday is null and void just because of how much I've eaten in the past 24 hours. xD
But for yesterday:
Hour of ballet technique
Hour fifteen of pointe
And that was enough for my legs, if not too much, because of how sore and tired I was already.
:/ Not much.

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #73
kittylovesprog

So far today...
Breakfast: A small bowl of mixed fruit including watermelon, canteloupe, and blueberries. Quiche (there were no plain eggs), sausage (2), water, tea, biscuit w/gravy, part of a muffin.
Lunch: A protein rich Odwalla bar (210 calories) and Kern's fruit drink (190 calories but w/ a lot of sugar)
Dinner:???? Haven't eaten yet

I had a big breakfast because our cafeteria here only serves two meals a day on weekends (The odwalla bar was in my fridge). I would consider the biscuit with gravy an extravagance though. I haven't worked out yet but when I do this will probably be what I do...

Stairmaster: 20 minutes on level 5
T arm lifts with small weights: 5 sets of 10
abdominals: it will either be cross crunches with 5lbs weights in each hand (4 sets of 10) or it will be 20 minutes of pilates.
kittylovesprog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #74
kittylovesprog

****great Swimming Workout For Those That Want To Change Things Up!!!:

So though many states are frozen over with snow this time of year, if you live in a warmer state like me, there is never a bad time to do a pool workout... rain or shine... just no lightning

I was a water polo player all through high school and captain of the team my senior year. I started playing at my university last year but stopped due to getting an injury. I don't know if I'll ever work out as hard as I used to as again, but here is a great beginning workout for people who want to try things in the pool.

Note: 1 length of a pool is 25 yards and two lengths is 50 yards. If I say 2x25 that means 2 sets of 25, or swim 25 yards 2 times. I will then post a time interval that you will want to finish each set with.

All of the following sets are freestyle, or crawl stroke

Warm Up will be 200 yards, as you get better make it 500 yards. Do this at your own pace.

5x25 on the 1 minute. That means try to do each set within a minute. If you get back before the minute is up, that is your time to rest. If you can't get back on that interval then time yourself and adjust the interval setting so that when you get back, you have no more or less than 5 seconds of rest, and then start swimming again. Same goes if you're significantly faster then that interval. If you're going on a 30 second interval, you're as fast as I was last year btw.

5x50 on the 1 minute and 30 seconds. Again, adjust your time based on your speed. If you can do this on the minute you're as fast as I was last year.

5x100 on the 2 minutes. Adjust time based on your speed. I could do this on the 1 minute and 15 second mark last year.

2x200 on the 3 minutes. Adjust time based on your speed. I could do this on the 2 minute and 30 second mark last year.

Cool Down: 200 or 500 yards again at your own pace

As you find yourself getting better, add more sets for yourself on faster time intervals. The next thing you know you will be doing 10x200 on the 2 minute and 30 second interval, which is at the pace of a very good division 3 college water polo team.
kittylovesprog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #75
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Food: Breakfast was 5 pancakes, lunch was a couple of fresh chips, some croutons, a mini-cup of soup, anything I could snag a taste of at work. Dinner was a vegetable medley, one and a half fillets of whiting, and a half of a half a bagel.

Exercise: None other than work.
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote