Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.89 average.
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #91
HomeDepot

Food:
Granola, yogurt, and berries two cups of water
potato wedges, grapes, a piece of dark chocolate, two cups of water
four slices of thin crust pizza (small ones), a glass of wine, two cups of water
Hot chocolate, more water

Exercise:
50 mins on a treadmill, 4 miles at 8.5 min/mile pace with slow jogging between each mile.

@ Aspara, Congratulations on starting to jog!
HomeDepot is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-15-2010, 02:36 PM   #92
therob127

Food:
Poptart and coffee
tuna fish sandwich(full can solid white) w/ sun chips, pomegranate/blueberry juice
protein shake
SuperPump250 (2 scoops)
Protein shake
Something for dinner

Exercise:
15 minutes stationary bike
BOSU ball abs extension
Decline Leg Raise
Bicycle crunch
15-20 minutes stationary bike or treadmill

First time doing cardio in since I can't remember. We'll see how this goes.

2013 Cosplay
Sinbad - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Sinbad (Djinn Equip) - Magi
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez - Bleach
therob127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #93
Apsara
all around bum..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDepot View Post
Exercise:
50 mins on a treadmill, 4 miles at 8.5 min/mile pace with slow jogging between each mile.

@ Aspara, Congratulations on starting to jog!
XD Thanks. The first time I went a mile I couldn't stop because I was afraid my legs would go all limp-noodle on me so I ended up bouncing in place, and in pain.

By the way, what kind of treadmill do you have? Sorry if this is a rather personal question. I'm asking everyone I know at work if they have one and how much was it. I'm hoping to buy one soon and looking for recs. I don't live in a safe place (Gang violence every two weeks erupts in gunshots, police involved car chases, tagging and random beatings.) so exercising outside I usually pack a rape alarm, mace and old keys I sandwich between my fingers to form easily concealable weapons. But this is getting really annoying.

Exercise
2 sets of 35 reps for lunges,
2 sets of 45 reps for sit ups,
2 sets of 10 reps for squat with front kicks (I think they're called?),
15 push-ups,
25 (extremely) modified push-ups,
2 mile walk alternating with running,

This is the exercise schedule I did Monday and today. Upping it a little, and holy crap there's space between my thighs when my knees are together! I've never seen that before not even as a child. Even when I was 110 lbs I've never seen that.

Food
Breakfast: Fist sized bowl of beef stew with steamed rice, carrots and two bananas. Lots of water.
Lunch: The same as breakfast but juiced some oranges instead.
Dinner: 12" subway "Italian" sandwich with mayo and ham only. Fresh squeezed orange juice and lots o' water.

Seeking Cosplayer Post: Adekan and Five Star Stories for Aki-con on Oct. 7th - 9th, 2011
Apsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #94
KamenRiderAgito
ハチコ

Exercise
Jogging: 4mph, 20 minutes, 1.3 miles
Crunches: 500 (250 legs vertical) (250 reverse)
Lunges: 20 reps (20 left) (20 right)

Food
Breakfast: French toast (one piece), bacon (one piece), strawberry-banana smoothie
Lunch: Grilled chicken breast, rice, baked beans
Snack: Chex Mix, Coffee
Dinner: Tomato soup, bread, cheese

I'd been wondering why I suddenly became exhausted in the middle of the day ever since regular classes let out, and then it hit me: I hadn't had a cup of coffee in over a week. Seems like that's one habit I can't afford to kick.

Last exam is tomorrow morning. I'm totally going to spend winter break working out, watching Korean dramas, catching up on anime, and finally beating Kingdom Hearts II (an effort that has been going for on for...Lord knows how many years).

Oh, and Christmas is totally next Saturday. Boss.
Unread 12-15-2010, 10:38 PM   #95
HomeDepot

Food:
Granola, yogurt, berries two cups of coffee, two cups of water
General Tsao's chicken and rice two cups of water
Corned beef hash, eggs, pancakes, toast, salad...I like carbs...-_- two cups of water
more water

Excercise:
70ft of lunges, 2x20 push ups (5 modified) 30 sit ups, 60 obliques, 2x15 tricep dips, 2x12 butterflies (7 lbs) 30 squats.
40 mins on a stationary bike at >90rpm

@ Aspara My parents (who I've been living with) have an old "Proform ct1160" treadmill. It is starting to loose it's calibration a bit, but it's pretty reliable. Unfortunately they are expensive, upwards of $1000. I would recommend trying to find one on craigslist or a similar site, people get them after the new year, say "working out sucks" and sell them a few months later. Any reasonable seller will let you run on it for a bit before you buy it.

@KamenRiderAgito, congrats to you too on starting to jog! Did you get the ok from your doctor or did your patience snap?
Unread 12-15-2010, 11:13 PM   #96
Apsara
all around bum..

Quote:
@ Aspara My parents (who I've been living with) have an old "Proform ct1160" treadmill. It is starting to loose it's calibration a bit, but it's pretty reliable. Unfortunately they are expensive, upwards of $1000. I would recommend trying to find one on craigslist or a similar site, people get them after the new year, say "working out sucks" and sell them a few months later. Any reasonable seller will let you run on it for a bit before you buy it.
Yikes, that is expensive. My budget's barely half of that. I'll try the Craigslist way. I forgot it was that time of the year again. *laughs* Thanks for helping me!

Seeking Cosplayer Post: Adekan and Five Star Stories for Aki-con on Oct. 7th - 9th, 2011
Apsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #97
EriBear18

I like this idea i'm going to try it to see if it motivates me!
Exercise- none sewed all day
Food: 2 Bagles, Glass of milk, Bottle of water, a few cookies, and 3 sclices of thin crust pizza

when i look at all the food together it doesn't seem like to much, but wow not very healthy
EriBear18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #98
HomeDepot

Food:
Granola, yogurt, berries, two cups of coffee, two cups of water
Fried rice with peas and carrots and an over-easy egg on top, two cups of water, one cup of tea
A Reeses Christmas tree and a glass of milk, half a clementine
Mac n Cheese with tuna and peas. two cups of water
wow I had a lot of peas today.

Exercise:
50 mins on a treadmill at 8.5 min/mile pace with slow jogging between miles.
I have to go on a long run some day this weekend and it's cold and icy. Prey to the weather gods for a thaw! Otherwise I'll have to run the whole thing on a treadmill.
Unread 12-16-2010, 11:14 PM   #99
EriBear18

Excercize: scrambled around the house for an hour and a half cleaning the floors and vacuming
Food: 2 cookies, bowl of cherioes and milk,4 orange slices, 2 fruit roll ups, chipoltle borito, coke zero and a bottle of water
( i seem to eat more every day...)
EriBear18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 11:49 PM   #100
KamenRiderAgito
ハチコ

Exercise
Physical therapy: 30 minutes
Crunches: 250 (125 legs vertical) (125 reverse)
Sit ups: 50

Food
Breakfast: French toast (one slice), turkey bacon (one piece), strawberry-banana smoothie
Lunch: Pizza batard with turkey pepperoni, tomato soup
Snack: popcorn
Dinner: General Tso's chicken, rice, vegetable dumpling, corn chips (I think)

I only eat Chinese about once every three months, but I still feel like I should have made a healthier choice than General Tso's. Although, I do a pretty good job the rest of the time in terms of nutrition, so I won't beat myself up over it.

Exams are over, and I couldn't be happier. I'm going to put all my free time during break to good use. I'm off to the fabric store this weekend to start on my first project for Anime North, and I've already started on my backlog of Korean dramas.

Quote:
@KamenRiderAgito, congrats to you too on starting to jog! Did you get the ok from your doctor or did your patience snap?
A little bit of A, and a whole lot of B. My ankle's been feeling a little sore though, so I've been advised to dial it down just a little. I'll be going about 3mph until the doctor says I can speed back up. Which totally sucks, because I've been dying to sprint again.
Unread 12-17-2010, 12:10 AM   #101
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Food: Loose sausage (meaning, NOT in a casing), and eggs for breakfast. Skipped out on lunch. (REALLY busy at work, literally did NOT have the time) And dinner was a collection of several things, pepper steak with pepper gravy, four pieces of roasted red potatoes, green beans, a small helping of rice pilaf, and a single hush puppy. It was tasty.
Exercise: Lots of work and running around. More than usual since we had a 30 person party and the restaurant is only made for about 30 people at a time, PLUS I forgot my non-slip shoes, so I had to be VERY careful when walking to not slip. almost fell four or five times. I don't know how the servers do it.
Edit: Oh, and I walked about a quarter mile since it was snowing today and I wanted my mom have to deal with our road as little as possible. I got a bout a quarter of a mile down the road before my mom showed up in the van (I was NOT going to drive myself in the snow, with my car).
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 12:13 AM   #102
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EriBear18 View Post
I like this idea I'm going to try it to see if it motivates me!
Exercise- none sewed all day
Food: 2 Bagels, Glass of milk, Bottle of water, a few cookies, and 3 slices of thin crust pizza

when i look at all the food together it doesn't seem like to much, but wow not very healthy
Well, that's part of how it works, it helps you realize what you really are eating. Most of us aren't eating very healthy on a daily basis, I mean look at my postings, not very healthy.
Unread 12-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #103
HomeDepot

I think KamenRiderAgito gets the prize for the most regularly healthy diet so far. Not that anyone who I've seen post eats horribly.
Unread 12-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #104
Rjr3412
o-iii<0

Figured I'd put out a little update:

Tuesday - Legs and Bi's
Thursday - Tri's and Abs
Friday - Back and Traps

And some nifty news I hit a new PR with deadlifts!!! 270 for reps

Now I need to see if I can 1RM 300lbs before the new year. That seems like a good goal.

And another cool update, is I saw the scale move down again. Always awesome to see the scale go down while lifts are moving up.
Rjr3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #105
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Yeah, I don't think anyone TRIES to eat badly, it's just what's available.

Food: Pretty much chicken and noodle stew all day. About 3 or four bowls throughout the day.
No exercise.