Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Unread 12-01-2010, 01:19 AM   #1
Darkdreamyr
Lost Cause

Gakuen Hetalia: Pants?

Has anyone done the guy's pants for Gakuen Hetalia? You know, the blue/purple/greyish plaid pattern? Where the heck do you get the material for it, or is it just a question of finding something that'll fake it well enough?
Darkdreamyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-01-2010, 02:04 AM   #2
Axelai
I'm Awesome

When there's a plaid you can't find, its common to see people paint the lines in fabric paint. You know, get some tape to make sure its straight, then slab on the fabric paint.

Otherwise... good luck finding it XD

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #3
Sisshi
Sexy Leg Woman

My friend used curtian fabric to make the pants because that was the only one that had the right pattern. I suggest addinga bit to patters if you go that way though because curtians aren't very flexible.
Animarathon: White Mage (Final Fantasy)
GarasuNoShiCon: Aranea (Homestuck)

My binding results with the Underworks compression shirt, Check it out ^^
Sisshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 10:59 PM   #4
kawaiiXnoXjutsu
speedoftheheron

Hello! I ran into the same dilemma with trying to find fabric. I raided my local Joann's (which had only a handful of plaids in the whole store D and couldn't find anything, so I decided to search online and I found this:
http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/ca...spx?ItmID=3316

It's not the perfect match, but it's the closest thing I could find in days of raiding the internet.

I ordered it and it came in about a week. It's uniform fabric, so it's thick, but nothing an average sewing machine shouldn't be able to handle. I haven't sewed with it yet (I'm out of muslin and can't do my mock up D: ) so I can't really give any advice on that end, but I can't imagine why there'd be a problem.

And as for customer service, this was my first time ordering from there, but my aunt orders fabric from there all the time and has never had a problem, not to mention there shipping was rather speedy (they ship out of Pennsylvania I believe, and I live in Georgia, so it might be longer for someone further west).

I hope this helped! And sorry if I rambled. I just finished a Chemistry Essay and my brain's a little fried.

Oh! One more thing! The website doesn't say, but I measured the plaid rectangles and the blue rectangles are about 1 1/4 by 1 1/2 inches. The pure white rectangles are 7/8 by 1 1/8 inch.

MomoCon 2012:
Organization XIII Lolita Roxas: 100%

Seishuin Con 2012:
Organization XIII Roxas: 100%
Leonardo Da Vinci (AC2): 5%
kawaiiXnoXjutsu is offline   Reply With Quote