Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 12-01-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
Mnemeth17

Christmas shopping- some advice/questions about Taobao

It's Christmas time and my friend and I are both looking to order some lolita items from Taobao. We currently are staying in Japan but don't quite have the budget for true brand =.= We've picked out what we like but would like to have some answers about custom sizing. We're not a members of egl so I'm posting here instead. Can the lovely lolitas here help us out?

My friend is looking at these two items:
This black printed JSK from Infanta
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=6194711647

and

This Dear Celine flocked skirt in the black
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=8341164637

I've seen good reviews of both brands on egl but I was wondering if there is any way the first dress can be custom sized (right now it says only size M available). Like, if we order through an SS like Taobaospree, would they be able to get it custom sized, or is what's there all that's available? And I read on a review (this one) on Egl that Dear Celine has some issues with custom sizing as well- has this improved? My friend is short and well endowed with an hourglass figure, so good custom sizing is a must!

I myself am looking at this Surface Spell JSK: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5431469589
I can't quite understand the sizing written at the bottom, it seems to be out of order (waist is ~40 cm, what?). I have a ~86 cm bust and ~76 cm waist, so which size should I get? Also, for a coordinate, would this be worn with a blouse? If so, any recommendations for a style of blouse to get?

And this black Infanta skirt: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=958692409
I'd like to get it as a basic black lolita skirt but I can't find the size written anywhere on the page- does anyone know what size it comes in? And do you know if the lace quality is decent? The picture is too small to tell...

Thanks in advance~
Mnemeth17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
Mnemeth17

Any help please?
Unread 12-02-2010, 11:35 PM   #3
adolf
A+ ANGEL

I've never ordered custom-sized Lolita off of Taobao so I can't really help in the area, but I do think Infanta takes custom-sizing orders since I've seen some reviews floating around EGL.

The measurements for the Surface Spell JSK is taken flat, I think.
I've heard that sometimes Surface Spell doesn't reply to e-mail orders so be a bit wary of that. n _ n;

I...can't find the measurements for the Infanta black skirt either, but the lace is stated to be cotton.

Hope this helps!

P.S. - You should definitely join the EGL community on LJ. It gets a LOT more traffic than Cosplay.com's Lolita section and they will be of more help. * v *)b
adolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 01:30 AM   #4
Eleksin
Eleksin

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolf View Post

P.S. - You should definitely join the EGL community on LJ. It gets a LOT more traffic than Cosplay.com's Lolita section and they will be of more help. * v *)b
This is more of a newbie forum so I greatly suggest you do this.
Eleksin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 04:03 AM   #5
Mnemeth17

Thanks for the suggestion, I will join and post these questions there then^^
Unread 12-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
Eleksin
Eleksin

The LJ community is awesome. I mostly just lurk there but the people are the nicest ever!
Eleksin is offline   Reply With Quote