Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 12-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #16
burning112d

Quote:
Originally Posted by uruha-fan-girl View Post
Oh well...at least he tryed, thats what counts^ ^...I mean I'm no't familiar with the sub-genres either...but thanks anyway for telling me his information wasn't entirley correct...but they will both help me out, so its okay^ ^
Such a nice sentiment to read.
burning112d is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:31 PM   #17
uruha-fan-girl
Uruki~

Thanks, I'm the kind of person who doesn't really like violence/hurtful things that much (I try to keep the peace) and I don't want everyone to be upset/hurt/angry so I try to stop it...I think it has kinda worked, don't you think?^ ^;;
uruha-fan-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 11:33 PM   #18
burning112d

Well I think you'll make an excellent lolita with that point of view.
burning112d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 11:39 PM   #19
uruha-fan-girl
Uruki~

Really, I hope I can...but I'm so confused...there is just so many sub genres and clothes/ styles/colours...ARG there is just so many things that are needed to create a really good lolita out fit, it looks hard heh heh^ ^;... Thank you for saying I would make a good lolita^ ^
Unread 12-06-2010, 01:09 AM   #20
Eleksin
Eleksin

Well in order not to get overwhelmed I suggest just getting the bare basics down. After that, look at some pictures and see which styles appeal to you. Do research on that style until you can confidently answer questions about it. After that you can branch out into the other styles and find renewed interest there because of elements it might have that the others don't. I was first interested in classic and gothic styles when I first got into lolita. I learn what made an outfit, types of colors that were often associated with them, and brands that offered said styles. After being well versed in classic and gothic I took a step into the world of sweet. At first I didn't like it since I was so averted by the color pink and how girly it was, but as I go more into it the more I like it because of these things.
Eleksin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 01:52 AM   #21
uruha-fan-girl
Uruki~

Okay so start off basic...then branch off to different styles...Ok I got it^ ^
I don't think I'd go for something too girly..like sweet lolita I think it is...(sorry if I stuffed up) because it's very pick and frilly, I don't want to jump straight into that style just yet...what is a good style to start off with do you think?
Unread 12-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #22
Eleksin
Eleksin

If you aren't ready for the very frilly sweet, then I suggest looking into the slightly less frilly, more mature classic style.
Unread 12-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #23
uruha-fan-girl
Uruki~

Okay, thanks^ ^
Unread 12-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #24
celticfreefall

Research, research, research. And go the extra mile. An outfit isn't put together properly if you don't have matching shoes, hair, makeup down to the appropriate socks. Lots of people tend to throw money to the wind making a big purchase then later realize that what they bought was overpriced and low quality, so doing your research and building up one good outfit rather than a bunch of throw aways will make you much happier in the long run.
celticfreefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #25
uruha-fan-girl
Uruki~

Ah I see...I will have to do a LOTTA reaserch..when I have some more time...
Unread 12-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #26
sugartigar
The Procrastinator

I know my advice is a little late but anyways I'll put in my two cents:

If you haven't been there yet there's a good post on getting started on building your lolita wardrobe in the lolita handbook. It will help you decide what sort of things to get first to make a basic outfit.

http://lolita-handbook.livejournal.com/2708.html#cutid1

And here's an article on buying lolita on a budget, which can be extremely helpful too:
http://community.livejournal.com/egl/10573694.html

The best thing to do for getting started is too look through brand websites and figure out what you really like and really think is beautiful, and then buy something like it. You can buy directly from brand, or if you're not willing to spend crazy amounts of cash just yet, I would reccomend looking through Qutieland because the taobao brands have some pretty nice stuff and it's cheaper. You could even look through Bodyline, which is even cheaper, although some of their stuff isn't the greatest quality so I would reccomend double checking your choices with a more experienced lolita who might sees flaws in the dress you want that you've missed. Once you've chosen a central piece like a dress or a skirt, build an outfit around it. You'll probably have to buy a blouse from an actual lolita store, but as far as socks and accessories go
you can likely find something suitable in your local stores. For shoes, there have been a lot of cute Mary Jane style shoes out lately that would work great for lolita, but if you want something in a less common shoe colour like pink or baby blue or white, ect. you'll probably have to buy those from a lolita store as well.
sugartigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #27
uruha-fan-girl
Uruki~

Ah wow there is a lotta of information that you have here, thanks I will be sure to check out all the sights you have there^ ^
Unread 12-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #28
Eleksin
Eleksin

I would only use Quiteland as a way to look through what is available. The prices listed are not the actual ones and you can get the item cheaper by using another shopping service. However I think shopping services are a little too advanced right now for you. Don't want you in over you head with too much info.
Unread 12-07-2010, 09:03 PM   #29
uruha-fan-girl
Uruki~

Ah yeah you right
Unread 12-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #30
sugartigar
The Procrastinator

Haha yeah sorry I guess I should have mentioned that. I overlooked the thing about shopping services because I can't figure out how to use them myself. It's so intimidating ^_^"
sugartigar is offline   Reply With Quote