Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Original Designs

Unread 09-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #46
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Wow, I forgot this thread existed. And I have more from my last post!
One I made back in 2012, an original characer from a fantasy roleplay I do, with a self-created universe that has almost a thousand pages of lore built into it... "Talia, ranger of Tethava's northern wilds". Wore her to a renfest and a photoshoot in a BEAUTIFUL glacial-period conservation area. http://www.cosplay.com/costume/245811/
And another I made back in 2012 and while very tight on money, I came up with Schoolgirl!Yuffie. http://www.cosplay.com/costume/376778/
Less a character and more just a concept/design, the four elements costume I made last summer for the renfest after nearly passing out in the heat from the first costume I listed. http://www.cosplay.com/costume/459063/

...and currently planning my next summer renfest costume, a moon fairy. Reusing lots of the fabric (and wig and shoes) leftover from my Princess Luna cosplay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #47
MarcyHunter

Working in a long story about a young man, alias Marcy Hunter, who has a fetish for being a cheerleader.

There is a long explanation about how the story unfolds but in the end he is dressed as a cheerleader at a flag football game on Halloween where the local champs, the Castrators, are playing an exhibition game against a huge horde of zombies called the Zombies. Unknowing that the Zombies are real zombies, the drunk crowd is unexpectedly attacked at halftime while the Zombies' dance team is putting on a show to the tune of Michael Jackson's Thriller. The Castrators' cheerleaders, who are really just the all-team, as needed cheer girls affectionately know as the Beerkats, are safe in their locker room preparing for their halftime show and Marcy comes up with a plan to defeat the zombies.

They lock up all the gates to the sports complex except for one narrow gate where they lure the zombies to come after them. Then, one by one, they cut off each zombie's head and toss them into the back of a refrigerated beer van. Next, they loot all the dead carcasses before driving to the gulf coast to sell the zombie heads as shark bait and make a small fortune.

Marcy becomes the head cheerleader of the Beerkats and cheers at as many games as he/she possibly can. He/she is also part of a zombie response team and gourmet shark bait supply joint venture. He/she also manages two flag football teams called the Sharks and the Zombies.

Something like that...
Unread 09-30-2014, 11:09 PM   #48
MarcyHunter

This is my character, Marcy Hunter, who is just a man with a cheerleading fetish caught in the right place at the right time.

Skipping the long introduction/foundation to the grand finale of the beginning, we find Marcy being a cheerleader on Halloween at a very popular sports complex where college age flag football, cold beer and the cheerleaders, affectionately known as the Beerkats, are the main attraction. The local champs, the Castrators, are playing an exhibition game against the unheard of Zombies from the fraternity Zeta Mu Beta. Being really drunk, the crowd doesn't realize that the Zombies are real zombies and think it's just a gag. And at halftime, the Zombie's dance team puts on a special show to the tune of Michael Jackson's Thriller. It is at that time that the Zombies' horde, which has been stealthily infiltrating the complex while passing out candy to children and free beers to adults, begins their attack.

When the attack started, the Beerkats were in their locker room working on a last minute routine in desperate attempt to not be humiliated by the Zombies' dance team's incredible show. Hearing the unusual commotion, they peer out the windows and realize what is happening and come up with a plan.

Marcy and the Beerkats dart around the perimeter of the complex and lock all the gates except for one narrow gate. They then lure the zombies to that gate and cut their heads off one by one, throwing them into a refrigerated beer truck. Next they loot all the half-eaten, dead carcasses of the victims and drive the zombie heads to the gulf coast and sell them as gourmet shark bait to the wealthy locals who love to show off their opulence. They make a small fortune and form a zombie response team and gourmet shark bait company. They also have their own amateur cheerleader squad called the Beerkats who cheer on flag football teams for free beer.

Something like that...
Unread 10-04-2014, 12:16 AM   #49
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Updates on my OC..

So Along with the confusion that was my last post, I updated her. I drew her with the boots I mentioned, but in the pose of the 2nd drawing:
http://sailor-jeimi.deviantart.com/art/My-OC-485870075
then I thought, "Now wait..This looks too plain to me..What if....What if I add..WINGS!!"
And this happened"
http://sailor-jeimi.deviantart.com/a...shed-486256927
Yea I like this lol So I sorta made a neat back story..I never stuck to one because I found faults in them all..So she is something akin to a Fallen Angel..I was thinking black angel wings, but I thought that was too cliche for angles that fell..She fell and got demon wings..Idk..lol That's why she has a red halo and not yellow like a normal angel..So I also thought.."Well, what if she could use other weapons...." So I thought "Ok, her gem (the blue gem thing on on the top of her scythe) is magical, that was the whole point..So what if it can make weapons." So like, to make the scythe, she says something to summon it, and throws the gem up and it makes the scythe materialize..Then I thought of a Bow..Like she would hold the gem like a handle to the Bow, and say whatever, and the bow materializes around the gem..Stuff like that..I need to stop thinking so much..it hurts lol

Also just for the hell of it, I was putting my binder of art together (well moving art and fixing the order stuff was in, then adding some) and thought I needed a cover to the binder. It's one of those that has a sleeve on the outside to put paper in, so I made this:
http://sailor-jeimi.deviantart.com/a...253A1412395715
The Japanese says "Art Book" in Hiragana.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #50
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Little update on my OCs..

So I finished my final design on Kurami, my OC from the post above:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps26756d51.jpg
I was able to cosplay her too. I didn't get any pics though. It was my last con (Saturday, the day after Halloween, at a con) from 8pm-10pm and only one person got a pic of me and I never found it.

Then the other day I was like "..hmm..I need a bad guy.." so I started messing around with character designs..I wanted her to be insane..Like a a freaking psychopath, bat-shit crazy, type..
I started playing around and came up with a hair style:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps73ca19a5.jpg
And before that I came up with a clothing style (the dark parts are black and the uncolored parts are red, the sword was boredom, I'm not keeping it..)
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...psa043387c.jpg

So you guys also saw in my post above, the scythe I drew up for the old design for Kurami..Well I need a use for it, since I already made it over the summer..No use in wasting it..So I decided her hair would be purple because I already have one of those too..
The result?
This:
http://s88.photobucket.com/user/Razo...?sort=3&page=1
Personally, I really like it..lol I also got the idea from my friend to add black lace to the bottom of the skirt (so it looks like it's underneath it). I MIGHT cut the lace off one of my goth skirts and add it to the waistband so it moves separately.. I also am adding a belt with a pouch..No idea what the pouch will "be fore" (as in what the character will use it for) but it'll be easier to hold my phone and wallet that way..
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2015, 01:33 AM   #51
Zhor'Fughakee
Wasteland Plague Doctor

My post-apocalyptic plague doctor

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...eac1925ffcd6af
Unread 05-04-2015, 11:49 AM   #52
Kasumi Ogaku
Musically inclined

Photo on 2-27-15 at 5.05 PM.jpg

My Dystopian OC Kat the mechanic.

Cosplay Endeavors

Link

Ogaku (Kingdom Hearts OC)
Kasumi Ogaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2015, 04:09 PM   #53
EdenAnarchy

Does "alternate history" versions of established characters count? If it does, then here's my Art Deco Rogue from Xmen- http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3551007/

I am working on an oc for this fall- a "desert archer elf" thats about %25 complete (beaded headdress & majority of the sleeveless duster) I'll post pictures once it's finished

SC Comi-Con (Saturday)
Momocon (Saturday)
AWA (Sunday)

ArtDeco Rogue- X-Men (completed)
Human Raava- Legend of Korra (%60)
EdenAnarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2015, 02:50 PM   #54
RavenDarkness7
I am a creature of night.

Besides zombie things my only real OC is my Fawn costume, http://www.cosplay.com/costume/476217/ I made her for Scarborough Faire last year in the course of a weekend and everyone at the Faire loved it, I literally could not take four steps without someone requesting a picture. I had tons of people ask me if I worked for the Faire! (I wish!) It was loads of fun and by far she is one of top favorite costumes to ever wear, I even updated her a bit for this years Scarborough Faire and look forward to many more years of wearing her.
Viktor Nikiforov Duet - Yuri on Ice!!! {WORKING 20%}

Attending-- Upcoming Cons
North Texas Comic Book Show as Imperator Furiosa - Mad Max: Fury Road

My Pages
Facebook
Deviantart
ACParadise
RavenDarkness7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2015, 04:55 PM   #55
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I've now got a cool "Drow Queen" design for Costume-Con 35 planned (using the same fantasy universe that my Talia character hails from. In ours, drow live in dangerous steppe-like eastern lands with a feudal Mongolian-based culture, and have very volatile power systems with a lot of daily violence, so a drow queen would not only be dressed regally but always equipped with hidden weapons and a scepter that both denotes rank and can lethally stab an attacker), that'll be fun (and expensive!). No finished coloured drawing for it up yet (I also am not great at drawing, so I often don't makea full-on artwork of my designs).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2015, 01:00 AM   #56
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

I cosplayed My OC Ricky for Awesomecon today! it was fun! (I've got link to a reference picture in the description there)
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Jessica Jones-Netflix's Defenders (revamp,) Keith-Macross Delta, Diana Cavendish-Little Witch Academia, Shinjuro Kurama-Kamisama Kiss (Revamp,) Liv Moore-iZombie, Newt Scamander-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Licht von Granzreich-The Royal Tutor, Leo Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Maki Nishikino-Love Live (Christmas outfit)
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2015, 02:51 AM   #57
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I haven't been around this thread in a while! But I come bearing a new original design I've done for a friend. We have plan to do a full group of Greek Gods, a lot of which will be mixed with their sacred animals and some modern meets mythical costumes and props. Unfortunately, we didn't get all of them done by A-kon this year (I was getting really stressed and just didn't finish two shields, a trident, a spear, or a set of wings...), but we will be finishing them and wearing them hopefully before too long. One of the ones that was finished, however, was my friend Kayla's Artemis. I mixed her with the stag so Kayla could wear antlers again. I designed and made the costume, she added the accessories. She will also cosplay Apollo at some point so she can be both twins. I really liked how her Artemis looks so far though, so I thought I would share it.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2015, 05:53 AM   #58
Siwyenbast
Kemetic Catwoman

I have a few OCs, mostly superheroes. First is Psycat, my Psychic superheroine that loves to give her opponents (and some non-tipping customers) a migraine. At the time I made her character up, I was delivering pizzas for a living and wanted to roleplay her on champions online. Over time, I've elaborated on her story and have it in the second draft stage of a novella.

I also have The Herald, but I don't have any decent quality pictures for her. Also a superheroine, but of the magical woman variety, she looks to keep ancient artifacts out of evil terrorist organizations that would use their power to harm.

I do also have a LARP character, but I don't have pictures of Sasha the changeling Sphinx yet.
Siwyenbast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2015, 01:48 AM   #59
Aundreiya
Ruby Eyes

I've wanted to do a cosplay of my Ragnarok Online OC of a Worlock for a while now, but I haven't gotten around to look for a commissioner yet... The back story is pretty lengthy, but someday I really would like to put it together
Aundreiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2017, 11:43 PM   #60
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

Yeah this thread died but here's my girlfriend and I as our murder husband OCs Ethan and Asa.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Jessica Jones-Netflix's Defenders (revamp,) Keith-Macross Delta, Diana Cavendish-Little Witch Academia, Shinjuro Kurama-Kamisama Kiss (Revamp,) Liv Moore-iZombie, Newt Scamander-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Licht von Granzreich-The Royal Tutor, Leo Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Maki Nishikino-Love Live (Christmas outfit)
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote