Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Unread 12-07-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Cheapest, easiest possible Ciel costume

Hi!

So, I'm not a huge fan of Black Butler. My friend though, is. She has a full on Sebastian cosplay, and man. She looks AWESOME.

But she complains all the time that no one in our group of friends cosplays Ciel. And she constantly gets bugged at cons by people who say "Hi Seb! Wheres Ciel?" and she has to keep making excuses for it.

So, since i'm the only one in our group who doesn't cosplay Black Butler, i was dubbed the Ciel of the group.

Thing is, i'm not only broke, but i have no free time. I'm swamped with schoolwork @___@;; And all my money just went to finishing my America cosplay... guoh...

So does anyone know any of his outfits that are pretty simple i could make easily? Or perhaps a site with a costume of his for less than $100 that i could buy?

Thanks so much. I honestly don't know the first thing about this series XD;; I'm just the Ciel of the group.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
Codename Otacon
Force a Nature

You could try this version of him:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...lotte/ciel.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...lBlackVest.jpg

*Conventions for 2015*
Wonder Con
Anime Expo

*Cosplay list for 2015*
Red Medic(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Red Scout(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Codename Otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Baka Zaru View Post
o.o;; If thats his easiest outfit, then i'm scared to see the harder ones.

Unread 12-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #4
DaemonForce
Unhealed

GRAAAAAAAAAH!

There are currently more variations of Ciel than my choice on Vocaloid. You should have no trouble choosing one since they're all loud and pretty. The biggest chore will be sticking to it or keeping yourself from creating a new design.

If you intend to buy like I do, I must ask the question and it will probably involve that thing I sent ya.

Suit or dress? O_o
DaemonForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
acostory
Draw!

A lot of Ciel's costumes can be found for cheap here, which is normally the website I go to for cheap costumes. They are pretty good costumes, actually.

... And no, I'm not stalking you.
acostory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
Brsis
Shitsuji DESU~~~

The ABSOLUTE EASIEST you may want to discredit, because it would (Of course) be his night shirt. I'm finding it hard to pull up a reference on the fly but I think it's just knee length, long-sleeved and white, plus a wig. It's definitely long enough to hide boxer shorts or something underneath, and voluminous enough to easily hide binding and/or a tank top. I also have a vague memory of him wearing a (Green quilted? With a black collar and cuffs? Can anyone back me up on this one, or did the Sherlock Holmes arc cause some really weird crossovers in my brain?) dressing gown and slippers at some point as well, if walking around in your skivvies isn't an option. If you like props, add a teacup and a newspaper and you're sorted.

If you would like to be somewhat more clothed, consider This Poster, His Green Suit or His Jack the Ripper arc paper boy outfit. The first and last ones in particular I think you could almost do from just adapting existing clothes.

P.S. But you should totally read/watch/listen to (Musicals! I am such a Kuro-Myuu fangirl ^.^) the series anyway, because it's awesome. Enjoy cosplaying our favourite twisted manipulative and yet oddly pathetic thirteen-year-old agent of the Great Game! Also beware yaoi fangirls.
and if you decode its complicated patterns you inevitably decide you're God,
to the considerable detriment of your social life."
Brsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #7
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by acostory View Post
A lot of Ciel's costumes can be found for cheap here, which is normally the website I go to for cheap costumes. They are pretty good costumes, actually.

... And no, I'm not stalking you.
XD Yay stalker. Well, the link didn't work. Can you like, put spaces in it or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brsis View Post
The ABSOLUTE EASIEST you may want to discredit, because it would (Of course) be his night shirt. I'm finding it hard to pull up a reference on the fly but I think it's just knee length, long-sleeved and white, plus a wig. It's definitely long enough to hide boxer shorts or something underneath, and voluminous enough to easily hide binding and/or a tank top. I also have a vague memory of him wearing a (Green quilted? With a black collar and cuffs? Can anyone back me up on this one, or did the Sherlock Holmes arc cause some really weird crossovers in my brain?) dressing gown and slippers at some point as well, if walking around in your skivvies isn't an option. If you like props, add a teacup and a newspaper and you're sorted.

If you would like to be somewhat more clothed, consider This Poster, His Green Suit or His Jack the Ripper arc paper boy outfit. The first and last ones in particular I think you could almost do from just adapting existing clothes.

P.S. But you should totally read/watch/listen to (Musicals! I am such a Kuro-Myuu fangirl ^.^) the series anyway, because it's awesome. Enjoy cosplaying our favourite twisted manipulative and yet oddly pathetic thirteen-year-old agent of the Great Game! Also beware yaoi fangirls.
And... OOOOOH... i like the paperboy outfit. I could probably thrift store that one, and then still look awesome~ >3

And i'll watch it eventually. I skimmed the first two volumes of the manga once when i was at my friend's house. it looks interesting, i've just got a lot of anime on my list right now XD

Unread 12-07-2010, 05:38 PM   #8
DaemonForce
Unhealed

Another heavily overpriced cosfu link. Great. I don't see what the big deal about this is. -_-'

*pokes into the gallery*
Oh God! O_o

I think I just found my next costume.

The full costume for Sebastian is really cheap and it kills my fruitless search for white gloves that are needed for my vocaloid costume as well. I think it's meant to be. Also, that Green Suit link broke. :/
DaemonForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #9
acostory
Draw!

www . c.o.s.p.l.a.y.f.u. . com/comics/Kuroshitsuji+II/Ciel+Phantomhive

Except remove all the extra dots in the name.

A-and I was serious about the not stalking! I happen to love Kuroshitsuji. Although, I could stalk you if you want me to ;P

Last edited by acostory : 12-07-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Unread 12-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #10
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by acostory View Post
www . c.o.s.p.l.a.y.f.u. . com/comics/Kuroshitsuji+II/Ciel+Phantomhive

Except remove all the extra dots in the name.

A-and I was serious about the not stalking! I happen to love Kuroshitsuji. Although, I could stalk you if you want me to ;P
Ohhh i know ****This Website Link Has Been Removed due to Recent Forum Spam****. Their stuff is usually super inaccurate XD;;

His green outfit is pretty cheap on there... $73... I'll have to keep track of my money and order that before Fanime~ thankies c:

Unread 12-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #11
CANDY☆HOLIC

-deleted-

Last edited by CANDY☆HOLIC : 12-28-2010 at 03:24 PM.
CANDY☆HOLIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #12
KaleiDoVi
The Candy Earl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANDY☆HOLIC View Post
What about his "wonderland" outfit? :]

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...ecrym/ciel.jpg

This site sells it for $75 plus shipping.
http://www.fm-anime.com/black-butler...tum-p-650.html
If you go with this, be warned: Shipping is hella expensive.
Ciel (Episode 3 outfit)- Kuroshitsuji - 20% Done

~Conventions~
Momocon 2011 / In Planning...
Anime Weekend Atlanta 2011 / In Planning...
KaleiDoVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 11:53 PM   #13
acostory
Draw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleiDoVi View Post
If you go with this, be warned: Shipping is hella expensive.
It's always the "Plus shipping" where they getcha. 50$ for shipping? Yeah, that's not cheap.