Unread 12-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
genkimami

Fabric shop review: Fabric And Sewing / Styletex

Name of Merchant: Fabric And Sewing / Styletex
Website: http://www.fabricandsewing.com, http://www.styletex.com
Items ordered: Fabric swatches
Links to picture(s) of your items recieved: n/a
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Never received my order

I was shopping for black power mesh fabric and came upon Fabric And Sewing. They had exactly what I was looking for and at a very good price too. I noticed that they had a lot of very interesting fabrics so I tried to order a few (about 11 yards in total). First thing I noticed: once in the shopping cart, the header of the website had changed to Styletex. The design of the website was the same, but the name of the shop had changed. Second, when I tried to order more than 7 yards of fabrics, whether it be of the same fabric or different fabrics combined, the checkout process wouldn't work. I sent an email to sales[at]fabricandsewing.com about it and since I hadn't received an answer after a week, I decided to try sending the same message to sales[at]styletex.com. I received a failed delivery notice to my email sent to the Styletex address (I tried twice). I didn't have a good feeling about this shop, but I decided to try and place an order for swatches anyway. It only cost me around $6 with shipping and I paid with Paypal so I knew I could just file a claim if anything went wrong.

I placed my order on November 5th and received a confirmation email for my purchase. The shipping was USPS Ground and was supposed to take 5-7 days. On November 26th, I sent them an email to check on the status of my order since I hadn't received anything. I didn't get an answer from them so I decided to open a Paypal dispute on November 30th. It's been 11 days and they still haven't answered me so I'm just going to make a claim to get my money back.

Pros: n/a

Cons:
  • They don't answer emails
  • They don't send your order
  • They don't answer to Paypal disputes
I don't recommend ordering from them. My experience had me wonder if there's indeed anyone behind this online store since they didn't even answer when I opened a dispute with Paypal. Avoid!

Final Grade: 0
genkimami is offline   Reply With Quote