Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
metro lobster
Lobster Out Of Water

Orlando, FL - Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Went to the park twice in November and I was just stunned by all the little details everywhere - it just looks so good. Anyone else get some good photos there?

One of the days we went was the day before Thanksgiving - apparently one of the busiest days of the year we could have picked to go... (whoops!) So it was a bit difficult getting good shots (without other people) in some areas. I also found that inside the castle is really pretty dark (darn realism!), so not quite the best photo op which is a shame because it looks so authentic.
metro lobster is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
moonflower.

I was there again last week, and my friends and I did another shoot there.

we got tons of pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=c32c7e1374
moonflower. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
QuinnPenn

Will they kick me out?

I planning to go. I'm wondering will they kick me out. By the way you photos are really cool.
QuinnPenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

I was there last month and I know that if you go into the store and but one of the robes, the clerk will ask you if you want to wear it out, so assume they wouldn't kick you out for wearing the full uniform. I saw several people wearing robes, but since it was the beginning if summer, i dont think i saw anyone wear the full uniform. But it's pretty awesome to wear a Hogwarts robe in Hogwarts and around Hogsmead. All of the workers will treat you like an actual Hogwarts student which us pretty fun lol
------------------
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
figment1986
Part of Figmentsmedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinnPenn View Post
I planning to go. I'm wondering will they kick me out. By the way you photos are really cool.
as long as you're respectful of the team members in the park and area and stop if security asks (and your equipment is not too professional) then you're alright. but if you spend too much time in one spot they might ask you to stop. I've shot photos at universal before and always respect the rules. and as it was said, if you're wearing robes that match what they sell you wont be in trouble. I see harry potter robes all the time in both parks.
figment1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
dizzymonochrome
Sarah Charade

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro lobster View Post
Went to the park twice in November and I was just stunned by all the little details everywhere - it just looks so good. Anyone else get some good photos there?

One of the days we went was the day before Thanksgiving - apparently one of the busiest days of the year we could have picked to go... (whoops!) So it was a bit difficult getting good shots (without other people) in some areas. I also found that inside the castle is really pretty dark (darn realism!), so not quite the best photo op which is a shame because it looks so authentic.
Best time to go is actually the week AFTER Thanksgiving. I went last year at that time (so, like next week) and the parks were DEAD. There wasn't a single line in sight. The longest we waited for anything was about 10 minutes (both Universal parks, and Magic Kingdom). We did the Hogwarts ride 4 times. In a row. And my sister was ballsy enough to jump the queue rails to get a pic right next to the phoenix staircase to Dumbledore's office.

We loved the details in the park. I wished we had thought to pack our robes so we could take more pictures!

Costume design and fabrication
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sector6labs

Tumblr: http://sector6labs.tumblr.com

Twitter: @sector6labs http://www.twitter.com/sector6labs
dizzymonochrome is offline   Reply With Quote