Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Closed Thread
Unread 12-13-2010, 03:25 AM   #1
SeigenNashi
Banned

So can I like cosplay myself?

Perhaps you have wondered how predictable machines like computers can generate randomness. In reality, most random numbers used in computer programs are pseudo-random, which means they are a generated in a predictable fashion using a mathematical formula. This is fine for many purposes, but it may not be random in the way you expect if you're used to dice rolls and lottery drawings.

Last edited by SeigenNashi : 12-14-2010 at 01:17 AM.

Unread 12-13-2010, 03:32 AM   #2
Elstraim
"Upon reality's edge!"

The very essence of "cosplay" is to dress up like an idea or specific character, real or fictional.

Technically, you could cosplay as yourself. But that's awfully lazy.
Unread 12-13-2010, 03:38 AM   #3
han-Vu
I know Oyashiro-sama..

Agreed. May as well be Keichi from Oh My Goddess. Just don't go telling people your in cosplay though or enter the competitions.
Unread 12-13-2010, 03:41 AM   #4
SeigenNashi
Banned

I think point of cosplay is not simply clothes, right? It is allso to act like character you did choose. Point is, that I don't have to act.

Stereotypes is, that you can't cosplay yourself, but people must keep open mind, right? Who better can know pointless of stereotypes then cosplayers themselfs?

Last edited by SeigenNashi : 12-13-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Unread 12-13-2010, 04:10 AM   #5
han-Vu
I know Oyashiro-sama..

Well, cosplay = costume roleplay? otherwise it'd just be roleplaying?
Unread 12-13-2010, 04:17 AM   #6
SeigenNashi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by han-Vu View Post
Well, cosplay = costume roleplay? otherwise it'd just be roleplaying?
well It cant even be role play, because I am not role-playing anyone. I do not play role. I am simply who I am and it just happened, that me beeing who I am is more close to anime, then you cosplaying.

If there was a girl, who is perfect copy of rukia (bleach) only without costume and visual appearance, coud she go to cosplay? I mean without costume.

Last edited by SeigenNashi : 12-13-2010 at 04:19 AM.
Unread 12-13-2010, 04:27 AM   #7
han-Vu
I know Oyashiro-sama..

Would you call Jerry Seinfeld an actor because he played as himself in Seinfeld?
Unread 12-13-2010, 04:32 AM   #8
SeigenNashi
Banned

Quote:
Would you call Jerry Seinfeld an actor because he played as himself in Seinfeld?
Yes! That is still acting in some point, because hes actions are scripted. He dont do what he want in movie. He do what they tell him to do and that is still acting. He can't start to smoke in scene where he wasnt supose to smoke

While my question was, can I be myself, if I am more "anime-like" eaven without acting?

Last edited by SeigenNashi : 12-13-2010 at 04:43 AM.
Unread 12-13-2010, 04:50 AM   #9
han-Vu
I know Oyashiro-sama..

Who do you think is the head script writer with the power to choose what goes in/out of the script & what he will do on screen? Jerry?

If you happen to be like an anime character in personality, I'd only call that a coincidence, not a cosplay. However I'm not going to argue with this. If you want to cosplay as yourself, by all means. Please do so.
Unread 12-13-2010, 04:59 AM   #10
SeigenNashi
Banned

Quote:
Who do you think is the head script writer with the power to choose what goes in/out of the script & what he will do on screen? Jerry?

If you happen to be like an anime character in personality, I'd only call that a coincidence, not a cosplay. However I'm not going to argue with this. If you want to cosplay as yourself, by all means. Please do so.
I will do what I want, I am simply trying to find out opinion of cosplayers. So your meaning is, that if there was real sakura in this world, she coud not go to cosplay unless she dress up like sakura from anime? But you forget that SHE IS that same sakura from anime. It makes no sence. So most importat thing in cosplay is simply costume, right? It doesn't matter your personality, your itentions, it doesnt matter nothing, except costume? Because if all these things woud matter, then person coud take a part in cosplay eaven without costume and noone woud call him weirdo.

Last edited by SeigenNashi : 12-13-2010 at 05:08 AM.
Unread 12-13-2010, 07:23 AM   #11
Kildread
I can fix it!

Part of me thinks this thread is a form of trolling.

Cosplay as yourself? Isn't it like folks who say they are disguised as themselves for Halloween?

Like wearing a mask with your own face on it.
Unread 12-13-2010, 07:28 AM   #12
LilMaibe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Two umai-boo snacks on he's that proudforharuhi bloke again
Unread 12-13-2010, 07:29 AM   #13
SeigenNashi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post

Cosplay as yourself? Isn't it like folks who say they are disguised as themselves for Halloween?

Like wearing a mask with your own face on it.
I do understand, that manner of how I speak coud make you think I am trolling, but I ensure you, it is not case. I simply want to know what I asked, no insulting no nothing.

There can be only 2 options mate:

1. Cosplay is all about costumes and only. In this case noone woud care are your personality 100% same as gara/naruto/sakura etc. All that everyone cares about is only constume. In this case, they will not allow you to take a part in cosplay, eaven if you will be real gara(naruto) in your personality and simply because you dont have costume. Its like author of naruto woud copy his daughters personality and put it in anime under name "Sakura" and when this girl go to cosplay without costume they wont allow her to take a part even without knowing that she is that same sakura.

2. People care about your personality. In this case, if your personality is just as same as sasuke, then people woud allow you to take a part in cosplay, eaven without costume, because personality is what counts, not costume.

So which one of these both are there? I never was in cosplay so I ask you.

Last edited by SeigenNashi : 12-13-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Unread 12-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #14
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMaibe View Post
Two umai-boo snacks on he's that proudforharuhi bloke again
If that's the case, he changed his schtick for another one. His profile even plainly says he pretty much came here to argue the validity of his view :/
Unread 12-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #15
han-Vu
I know Oyashiro-sama..

I think it/he/she should apply to compete in World Cosplay Summit with just personality like X character.
Closed Thread