Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-14-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
anime_wench

The X-Files

I know this is kind of old school, but I've just decided to have a rewatching marathon of The X-Files, and was wondering if any cosplayers out there are into the series? It's the first series I got my fiance to cosplay as, and so it's served as a kind of gateway drug to the cosplay world for him, lol.

So, general blah blah... favorite character, favorite episode and favorite Mulder/Scully moment and why? ^_^
Wendy from Peter Pan
Kagome from Inuyasha

anime_wench is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
glitter bomb
quite zazzy

just started going back and rewatching the series, since I never caught the whole thing, just scattered episodes here and there. nearly finished with season 1 and wow, did they have some terrible writing in the beginning. I seem to recall it getting better as the show went on. and it's so funny now to see those big phones, drawfed only by the big big shoulder pads.

I think the lone gunman have to be my favorite part.
glitter bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
anime_wench

I know!! I NEVER thought I'd be one of those people who looked back on a TV show with a kind of "Holy shit, we thought that technology / style / hairdo was HOT?!" Lol.... and yeah, I'm also shocked at how dull and flat the writing was.. If I recall correctly the 5th season was the best.. I think. Isn't that the one with the guy Eddie, who is a shapeshifter, and is trying to get a bunch of women pregnant? That was one of my favorite episodes, when he goes as Mulder and puts the moves on Scully. Total shipper moment. ^_^
Wendy from Peter Pan
Kagome from Inuyasha

Unread 12-14-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
glitter bomb
quite zazzy

I think it took them most of the first season to hit their stride, because the last few episodes seem a lot better. I enjoy it most when they don't lose their sense of humor about it. and in fairness, television wasn't so tight and flashy back then.

With all of the CSI type of shows we now have we expect more realism. So watching the first season I spent half the time yelling at the show "dude! call for back-up before crawling in a tiny hole trap when no one knows where you are!... you're in the FBI, don't they have a procedure for that stuff? don't you have radios? why are you taking the public bus?... did the intern write your dialog?... why does Scully keep hiding important relevant evidence from Mulder, it makes no sense?" I also realized that thus far 99% of their cases still remain unsolved, and they only manage to help someone or prevent a death once in a great while. Which is kinda funny. I wonder if that's where Torchwood got their formula from.

But that show made so many other future genre shows possible, and I think paved the way for the Smart Female Detective Character that is now a standard tv trope.

I don't recall what season that was with the shapeshifter, they kinda blur in my head since I didn't watch the show consistently. It'll probably take me awhile to get to season 5. I'm kinda looking forward to watching Scully's hair and shoulder pads get smaller over the years. I'm sure there are a ton of cosplay ideas though, with there being so many seasons and so many characters.
glitter bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #5
Mirai Noah
is a Newtype

X-Files is my most favorite TV series. XD And one day I will cosplay as Scully. I just need a wig!

My favorite episode is "Bad Blood," from season five. That's the one where Mulder and Scully each tell the story from their point of view. The monsters of the week are vampires. :P

Oh, the episode with the shapeshifter Eddie is "Small Potatoes," which is in season four. That one's pretty funny too. XD
Fanime
Anime Expo
SacAnime Summer
Mirai Noah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
anime_wench

OMG, Bad Blood is one of my favorites too! LOL.. in fact, when I talked my fiance into cosplaying as Mulder, he'd never seen ANY X-Files.. and the episode I made him watch was Bad Blood. And he made me laugh, cuz just the other day, over a year after our first cosplay as Mulder and Scully together, I accidently spilled some sunflower seeds in the dining room, and Jonathan started picking them up one at a time and then pointed at me saying, "You are so gonna pay for this." lol!

And after that episode first came out, with the joke about the coroner being sort of... gnawed on.. we got my dad a wooden stake for his office as a joke (he is the county coroner). Actually, the photoshoot for our X-Files cosplay was really cool, cuz my dad let me use the morgue for our pictures! All the props and background things are all real! hehe.. it was a blast!
Wendy from Peter Pan
Kagome from Inuyasha

Unread 01-04-2011, 01:34 AM   #7
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Dude, fuck yes.

I've totally considered cosplaying Scully. Unfortunately, my boyfriend looks nothing like Mulder (and I've got an ex who looks exactly like him...) so I'll probably have to scrap that one.

But yeah. Season seven was baller. And "The Rain King." That was just adorable.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #8
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

That episode "Home"? Man, that was seriously messed up. My absolute favorite is probably "Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'"

As far as cosplaying, you'd just have to wear a really well-made suit and carry a giant cell phone. XD

The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 01:15 AM   #9
KUJO3423

WOW, I would totally love to do a X-Files cosplay but I look nothing like any of the actors.

PS- Fav eps was Arcadia/Dreamland/The Ghosts Who Stole Xmas?
KUJO3423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #10
Ita
Obsessed with horror

I would love to do a cosplay of that guy.. Oh, what's his name again, he's in season one or two. He kills people to take their liver so he can live on forever in his little nest in some old building. I remember that they get him into prison, but then he's on the lose again.
It was some- OH I REMEMBER, Eugene Victor Tooms his name was!

Just imdb'd the guy, never knew he was in The Green Mile. Oh well.

He would be kind of cool to cosplay, I know a guy who looks just like him, but unfortunately, he hates the X-files. Shame.
Unread 06-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #11
Madenice
TR addict :)

I'd love to see some cosplay's of this It's on my own cosplay-wishlist as well
Unread 11-07-2011, 04:14 AM   #12
Nayara
Bonny-chan

X-Files thread? Guys, I love you.

(And to be a little bit more on topic: the whole friggin season 6 is my favorite episode. ♥)
Nayara is offline   Reply With Quote