Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

View Poll Results: What Day Should each group appear on? Choose One Day for Each Group!
Naruto (Friday) 1 4.17%
Black Butler (Friday) 2 8.33%
Yugioh (Friday) 2 8.33%
Naruto (Saturday) 1 4.17%
Black Butler (Saturday) 2 8.33%
Yugioh (Saturday) 0 0%
Naruto (Sunday) 2 8.33%
Black Butler (Saturday) 2 8.33%
Yugioh (Sunday) 0 0%
I'm okay with whatever!/I am buying a 3 day pass! 12 50.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #301
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura03 View Post
I voted Friday for Yugioh. Easy outfit to change
Are you just in the Yugioh group though?

Im horrible with making the connections between real names on FB and coscom users. ; 3 ;

Unread 03-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #302
Kaneda99
Delinquent ;)

That's cool. I'm also shooting for Otakon as well as NYAF and if plans work out for that, I have no other real cosplays to do so Sarutobi is good for that whenever.

But the cosplay seems to be going well enough so far, the wonderflex is great to make armor out of, just punching holes in it is kind of tough to string the cord through. I should have the arm armor done this week, and I will get a cheap pants and shirt to start off the costume.
Kaneda99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #303
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneda99 View Post
That's cool. I'm also shooting for Otakon as well as NYAF and if plans work out for that, I have no other real cosplays to do so Sarutobi is good for that whenever.

But the cosplay seems to be going well enough so far, the wonderflex is great to make armor out of, just punching holes in it is kind of tough to string the cord through. I should have the arm armor done this week, and I will get a cheap pants and shirt to start off the costume.
Nice! I cannot wait to see this completed!
And I'll be bringing Oro to Otakon too XD; Hopefully if everything goes according to plan D8
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #304
Kaneda99
Delinquent ;)

Yeah, the arm armor will give me some idea what I'm working with and should make the helmet easier to do when I get to it. Really want to do a Third Hokage/Orochimaru fight pose for con
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #305
Akune-chan

You sir, read my mind. =]

It would be awesome to do that at Otakon since they have a lot of nice locations right? Even for NYCC (dunno why I keep calling it NYAF ; 3 ; ).

I'm just so freaking excited/happy for this whole thing.
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #306
Kaneda99
Delinquent ;)

Yeah, but I'm afraid of the heat during Otakon. Can't be good to be wearing all black and a helmet in July weather heh, but for good photos I'll cope.

Are you working on a new Kusanagi too? I gotta figure out how to do the staff. I want it to be able to be taken apart. Thinking pvc pipes, see if they can screw in. Get like 3 sections and paint it. Might even add an Enma's eye looking out from it.
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #307
Logia1300
Cosplay Pirates Captain

I picked Sunday Naruto because my main Ota costume is gonna be on Friday and I have a way more awesome idea for Sat *Evil Laugh*. Sun being the only day left and the running is tough because out of Naruto, Hashirama/Haku/Neji/Itachi has to beat SS4 Vegeta, Starjyun, Gazille, and Magician of Black Chaos for the spot. I have a hard time choosing ><

You replaced the avatar with a new one and it still creeps me out haha maybe it's just the character.
Logia1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #308
Kaneda99
Delinquent ;)

If it were me, I'd pick Hashirama. So few cosplayers I've seen can do him justice, and the others have been done for the most part. Though, if we can get a Tobirama cosplayer, we'd be able to reenact that fight with all 4 of use

And I dig Akune's Orochi avas, she does a great job with the makeup!
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #309
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akune-chan View Post
Are you just in the Yugioh group though?

Im horrible with making the connections between real names on FB and coscom users. ; 3 ;
Yes I am But most likely I be there for the photoshoot and then change to another outfit. Sundays, I leave the con early so I either cosplay or not.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #310
Logia1300
Cosplay Pirates Captain

Well certainly out of the four Naruto candidates his costume would stand out more but you could say the same about the other (non-naruto) choices barely ever being done justice.
Logia1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #311
Kaneda99
Delinquent ;)

True dat. I'm more of a Naruto fan though, so I always gotta pick someone out from that series heh.
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #312
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneda99 View Post
Yeah, but I'm afraid of the heat during Otakon. Can't be good to be wearing all black and a helmet in July weather heh, but for good photos I'll cope.

Are you working on a new Kusanagi too? I gotta figure out how to do the staff. I want it to be able to be taken apart. Thinking pvc pipes, see if they can screw in. Get like 3 sections and paint it. Might even add an Enma's eye looking out from it.
Yeah of course I'll make the Kusanagi again. =] It would be of poor taste for me not too.~
I might be thinking about making a snake that I could put it in so I could just pull it out of its mouth but not sure about that yet. Too much to think about and trying to figure out how to attach it to the costume and where and just eh.

And having Enma's eye looking out of it would be epic since no one has done that before.

The heat was what scared me too. I hope that the makeup doesn't run because of the heat. As for the turtleneck part of the costume, thank god I found this thing called a 'dickey' (I still giggle at the name constantly) that thankfully will save me from having a heat stroke and I would not be sacrificing my wellbeing for accuracy.

Awww thank you for digging my makeup job xD I just finally figured out how to make my cheeks to look hollow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logia1300 View Post
I picked Sunday Naruto because my main Ota costume is gonna be on Friday and I have a way more awesome idea for Sat *Evil Laugh*. Sun being the only day left and the running is tough because out of Naruto, Hashirama/Haku/Neji/Itachi has to beat SS4 Vegeta, Starjyun, Gazille, and Magician of Black Chaos for the spot. I have a hard time choosing ><

You replaced the avatar with a new one and it still creeps me out haha maybe it's just the character.
*Evil grin* And yet you want to cosplay Orochimaru as well >]

Anywho. I would chose a character that is not typically cosplayed. Out of Hashirama/Haku/Neji/Itachi your left with Hashirama/Haku and Neji.

Magician of Black CHaos would be difficult to do since there are a lot of details and that head piece. Jesus my head hurts from just thinking about it. It would probably take a year if you are a crazy detail driven person like myself.

As for the others, Im not really sure what they look like.

But then what do I know? Dx

*Hashiramaaaaaaaaa*

Last edited by Akune-chan : 03-20-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #313
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura03 View Post
Yes I am But most likely I be there for the photoshoot and then change to another outfit. Sundays, I leave the con early so I either cosplay or not.
Oh okay!
I was just curious since people can choose more than one option for the days (one for each group so they can get 3 votes in total) and I wasn't sure if people knew/made myself clear.
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #314
Kaneda99
Delinquent ;)

Awesome! I think swords aren't too bad to do, carving it from wood. Easy enough to get the shape of the Kusanagi and paint it.

You're lucky you can wear that dickey lol. I'll prob have to wear the whole turtleneck altered a slight bit. Not gonna be fun heh.
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #315
Akune-chan

Sadly I have nothing to carve the wood. =[ I will probably have to use my old one that my friend made as a base and sand it with sand paper as best I can to get the tip right and then cardboard/clay for the hilt. ; 3 ;'