Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Unread 12-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
KradsLover
The Cloaked Scheamer

Hair Product Review: Biotera Leave-in conditioner

This is for all you cosplayers that prefer to bleach/dye your own hair instead of wearing wigs for (some of) your cosplays. I know you exist.

Disclaimer: I am not a professional stylist, I do not attend cosmetology school, I am self taught with all hair styling and make-up application. My opinion is not that of a trusted and paid professional. I am not advertising these products, not truly. I just happened to buy them and I'm giving you my OPINION (which is always up for debate) on them. You don't have to go out and buy these if you do not want them. If you already own said product(s), please leave me your comments on them, I'd like to know how they work for others.

Name of Product: BIOTERA Moisturizing Leave-In Conditioner

Where Purchased: Sally's Beauty Supply Shop

Product Description: Helps restore moisture to rejuvenate dry hair. Enhances body and renews shine. Smoothes cuticle damage for softer hair and optimum manageabilty. UV inhibitors protect against damaging environmental factors (on back of product).

Pros:
Nice Smell
Detangles
Inexpensive (?)
Doesn't leave any color in hair
Hair is super soft
Great for bleached hair

Cons:
Kinda messy
Needs to be in a spray bottle
Hair feels stiff near end of day
Crunches a bit if you don't come it in

Overall Rating: 8.9

Detailed Review:
Recently I bleached my hair using a Manic Panic Flashlightning vol. 30 bleaching kit. Needless to say, my hair was dry and brittle afterwards! I'm just lucky it hasn't fallen out yet, but it is a nice straw blond. However, it became so dry and frizzy. I cringed when I looked in the bathroom mirror

I decided to get a leave in conditioner, to help give more moisture to my now dried out hair. I was sick of going to walmart, and I knew they wouldn't have any leave-in stuff, so I went to the Sally's Beauty shop in my town. I asked one of the lovely women working if they had any and she directed me to three of them.

The Biotera was the cheapest of the three, at around $6 BEFORE I used my Sally's Beauty Club card (it's worth the $5). The bottle was pretty simple and the product had a nice smell to it.

I got home and the first thing I did was put some in my hair, since I had washed it before I went out. The liquid is clear and a little slimy feeling. My hair 'drank' it up!

Immediatly I saw a difference. My hair was a lot less frizzy and it felt really soft. It looked a little shinier too. I went to work after that and when I got home there weren't any flyaways or frizzes. Niether where there the next morning when I went to sleep.

One of the few bad sides I see to this is that if you use too much it'll crunch up in your hair. But once I ran a comb through my hair it was fixed. Another thing was that at the end of the day, my hair feels rather stiff, like I put some hair spray in it or something.

I've been using it for a week and my hair feels better, despite being stiff at the end of the day. It hasn't gotten damaged from that at least.

I recommend this product for any cosplayers who have damaged their OWN hair using bleaches, dyes, and hair products.

Cosplays for 2011
Riku Replica- Kingdom Hearts (Re: ) Chain of Memories 15% done
Len Kagamine - Story of Evil Arc - Vocaloids 0.5% done
Ciel Phantomhive - Black Butler 0% done
Autumn themed Lolita - 0% done
South Italy - Hetalia - 0% done
KradsLover is offline   Reply With Quote