Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Unread 12-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
KradsLover
The Cloaked Scheamer

Len Kagamine Wig Help?

Hey everyone!

Just recently I decided to take a crack at cosplaying as Len Kagamine in his Servant of Evil attire. I managed to figure out how to do everything about his costume, but I'm having difficulties with the wig.

http://images.wikia.com/vocaloid/ima...en_and_Rin.png here's a picture of his hairstyle in case some people do not know.

The wigs on ebay are too expensive and often times I see that they are poor quality wigs or the details aren't even remotely close to his hairstyle. I know it's a weird style but come on.

So I figured I'd try to make one myself but I have a few questions.

What shade of yellow/blond would someone recommend for Len's hair? I've seen wigs in all shades and some don't look too flattering. I don't want to go for actual yellow but I can't find the right kind of yellow. If someone knows of where to find it, please let me know. I have a pale skin tone, if you need that for concideration.

Are there wigs with long enough bangs to cut/style into Len's hairstyle? Or do I need to get a nonparted wig and work with that? What products would you recommend to style the bangs so they will stay and not get too weighted down as the day goes by.

Could someone also direct me to a tutorial for making a ponytail with wigs?

Any comments, suggestions, ect would be MUCH appreciated. I'm in no hurry to do this cosplay, as I have others in the que line, but I would like to have at least an organized list of what needs to be done before I start it.

Thank you so much!! And sorry if this question has been asked before, I looked and could not find it.

Cosplays for 2011
Riku Replica- Kingdom Hearts (Re: ) Chain of Memories 15% done
Len Kagamine - Story of Evil Arc - Vocaloids 0.5% done
Ciel Phantomhive - Black Butler 0% done
Autumn themed Lolita - 0% done
South Italy - Hetalia - 0% done

Last edited by KradsLover : 12-22-2010 at 09:47 PM.
KradsLover is offline   Reply With Quote