Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 01-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #16
Divinita Lunare Aria

Haven't ridden since may unfortunately, but I love horseback riding! English rider, wished I could have ridden western, but fortunately, we had a western pleasure as well as barrel horse, Star, who was so fun to ride xP. When we would jump or do horse shows, sometimes she'd think we were barrel racing, so she'd get this burst of speed when entering the ring. my all time favorite horse at the barn I rode at was Sydney - chestnut QH about 15 hands. Star was another fave of mine - also a QH. I love quarter horses and I hope when I go off to college I can get back into riding :3

I went to my first convention with a girl I met at the barn. The first time we met, all we did was talk about cosplaying and stuff :'D good times!
Divinita Lunare Aria is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #17
Aearon

Ooh, fun. I haven't been riding for years. My family used to have an Appaloosa, two Quarter-horses, and two Arabians. I personally preferred the Arabians. I believe the QH's were around 14 hands and the Arabians were about 12-13. It's been awhile so my memory is a little fuzzy. I never did any competitions or shows with them.
I had friends that did a ton of them and it looked like a lot of fun. =)
Aearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #18
Divinita Lunare Aria

I wish I were able to own a horse! My dad is all for it, but my mom isn't ><.

Depending on where I go to college, I might major in equine science

Sydney and I :3 excuse my scrunched face xP http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...2_748354_a.jpg
Divinita Lunare Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2011, 10:38 AM   #19
Aearon

>.< That sucks. That's how I was when it came to HS football. I loooved MS football... But, when it came to HS, my dad was all for it and my mom wouldn't let me.
Cool. It's definitely a good idea to get a degree in something you enjoy. =)
Aearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #20
lelia12
Master Procrastinator

I've been riding for about 6-7 years. Unfortunately I don't have my own horse. I rent horses from a local place. I ride western mostly but have ridden english once or twice for fun. I have done 4-H for a few years, however this just isn't worth what I can put into it anymore as I can' make it to practice very often. In addition to that Destiny (the horse I usually ride) is a pain to work with. Destiny I love you but you aren't the most cooperative horsey in existence (8

In any case I am a pretty good rider. I usually stick to western stock seat and showmanship and just for fun sometimes do barrels and such. I got lucky a couple summers ago and got to attend a horseback riding camp in Georgia for 2 weeks through girl scouts.
lelia12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 11:57 PM   #21
Akiko Ki
Ninja in the night

Yay horses haha. I own 2 horses well to be correct 1 horse and 1 pony. I've been around horses since I was 10years old and i've owned 1 since I was 12. I consider myself to be quite a good rider. I ride anything from unbroke to super broke. I also ride both english and western. I've showin in Barrel racing to hunter jumper with my college team. Sadly I don't show much anymore just to pricey so I've started to get into endurace alot lately.

My frist horse is Brandy a 8yr old Off track TB. I actually got her from my friend for free and boy is she the best free horse ever. My friend had gotten her to save her from auction but didn't have the room to keep her so I took her. She is my go to horse when it comes to trail rides though with her 16.3 size getting on and off can be an issue lol.

My other horses I mean pony (but don't tell her that) is an 8yr old arab/paint cross. I got her as my show horse for the hunter ring which she is great at and I've never meet a horse that loved to jump so much as she does. However when I got her outside of the ring she was spooky and just green. I'm so proud to say I can now ride her around bareback in just a halter. She got the nickname Bratty pony as she almost never has her ears up lol yet she's never done anything to anyone. A huge height difference though when switching from Brandy to 14.0 hand addie haha.

Gray/ Fairy Tail

Facebook Page

Deviantart
Akiko Ki is offline   Reply With Quote