Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 12-29-2010, 02:41 AM   #1
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality

Life goals?

I was wondering what everybody wants to do with their lives. Where you see yourself in 1, 5, 10 years...

2014 Cosplays: Chun Li - SF, Chell - Portal, Felicia - Darkstalkers
onewingedjade is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2010, 02:46 AM   #2
CosplayCinema
Big is Beautiful

I want to go to Baylor Uni in Waco and working on my degree in Forensics and possibly later on in life working in California or something as a Forensic scientist
Stocking (Anarchy)
Raichu (Human form for a skit)
Lady Rainicorn (Human Form)
CosplayCinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 02:46 AM   #3
sailortintin
Xenofreak

1 Year: In College
5 Years or so: Graduating College
10 Years: Having a nice job and living in a nice place

Somewhere in there, there is a goal to go to Disneyland~

Dragoon Miranda remake (Legend of Dragoon): 20%
Princess Agitha (Zelda): 10%
Princess Eclair (La Pucelle): 40%
sailortintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 02:49 AM   #4
DaemonForce
Unhealed

1 year: In the hospital
5 years: Finishing college
10 years: Working for myself

These are the things I want to say but lately my perception has become extremely narrow. I can barely see what happens to me in 3 days let alone a year. Though I do have quite a long list of goals for what little time I'm supposed to live. I shouldn't mention them here though.
Aki'11 - 1%
Yaoi'11 - 1%

Dance
Cantarella - 25%
Hare Hare Yukai (Non-Lead) - 35%
DaemonForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 02:54 AM   #5
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality

Cinema: Forensics sounds intriguing
sailor: I live near Disney! Haven't been in a decade though, I'm sure it's nice.
Force: I hope the best for you, but it doesn't mean you have to give up many goals, just accomplish them in a shorter amount of time.

2014 Cosplays: Chun Li - SF, Chell - Portal, Felicia - Darkstalkers
onewingedjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 03:52 AM   #6
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewingedjade View Post
I was wondering what everybody wants to do with their lives. Where you see yourself in 1, 5, 10 years...
...You are secretly working for everyone's parents, aren't you? ^_-
Unread 12-29-2010, 04:09 AM   #7
xSilhouetteLust

I think I want to see my life in a few years where I finally get my GED, learn how to drive even though I'm 19, and then go to Beauty School. It's always sort of been a huge goal I've had. That and to get better at my sewing and art. [:
xSilhouetteLust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 04:14 AM   #8
DaemonForce
Unhealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSilhouetteLust View Post
I think I want to see my life in a few years where I finally get my GED, learn how to drive even though I'm 19, and then go to Beauty School. It's always sort of been a huge goal I've had. That and to get better at my sewing and art. [:
You'll be able to do that faster than you think. At 18 I managed to fly through my GED in 5 weeks despite all the ID and driving problems I had with mom back then. Not sure about beauty school but it's a respectable endeavor along with any kind of art. I chose mechanical technology over all else. Maybe you'll go further than I will. :/
Aki'11 - 1%
Yaoi'11 - 1%

Dance
Cantarella - 25%
Unread 12-29-2010, 04:19 AM   #9
xSilhouetteLust

Really? Getting a GED isn't that hard or tricky at all? Someone told me it is sort of expensive and takes forever. So I've been rather nervous. Now that I'm older I regret dropping out so much.
Well mechanical technology seems to be just as good.
I'm not sure if I'll go further or not I just hope one day to just make something more of myself then I am today. [:
xSilhouetteLust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 04:33 AM   #10
DaemonForce
Unhealed

Quote:
Really? Getting a GED isn't that hard or tricky at all?
It's tricky because you have to jump through so many hoops. The first test measures where you are compared to the rest. The rest of the trouble is qualification. My ID expired on me in the middle of this so it disrupted a lot of my work. They wanted me to take classes too. A few of the people in the class were more interested in me than the work though. On a good note, I did manage to teach some of the math strugglers my dimensional thinking and the teacher had never seen work so visual. No wonder I failed so many math classes growing up. They couldn't understand my work!
Quote:
Someone told me it is sort of expensive and takes forever.
It's expensive if you're stupid. For me it was $10 per test, the schedules were always full and they didn't want me taking any more than 1 test per week. This is why it took so long but the teachers and librarian were completely floored by me. I don't know if I could do that again at my current age though. Then again I'm only superior when it comes to testing so none of my grades really matter anyway. :/
Quote:
So I've been rather nervous. Now that I'm older I regret dropping out so much.
Don't be nervous! Dropping out was a good thing. During my high school career I would have dropped out LONG before graduation had I had known it was such a ****ing waste of my time and the admins were so crooked.
Quote:
Well mechanical technology seems to be just as good.
I'm not sure if I'll go further or not I just hope one day to just make something more of myself then I am today. [:
You will. Don't pay attention to anyone that tells you different. They're the ones suffering the consequences of spinning their wheels day and night.
Aki'11 - 1%
Yaoi'11 - 1%

Dance
Cantarella - 25%
Unread 12-29-2010, 05:31 AM   #11
Kelley
Devil of Details

I took driver's training and got my license when I was 18. It wasn't terribly difficult and I really enjoy driving now (12 hour car trip ? I will only stop for gas - twice).

If I had know how things had worked back in high school, I would have dropped out. It was a complete waste of my time - it was neither enriching technically or socially.

I'm not encouraging anyone to drop out - but if you're bored in school and not being challenged, or struggling against teaching methods that don't suit your learning style, look into your options.

In one year.... I'll still be in college (I have been for three years, however, I'm really "starting over" right now after considering a lot of careers that other other people thought I should go into - ones that I didn't actually want to go into).

In five years.... I'll still be in college.

In ten years... I'm not sure. Maybe I'll be a be a dentist. Maybe I'll be a nurse. No idea. I'm not worried - moving through the classes, I feel I'll end up with a better idea of what will suit me and what I'll be qualified for.
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 05:41 AM   #12
DaemonForce
Unhealed

There is a time and place for everything and that's college.

The only problem I have with it is that it's too slow. Look at this year. It's coming to a close but the best paying jobs here and now didn't even exist when I graduated(6 years ago)! How the **** am I supposed to compete with that?! I can't do it. School is too slow.
Aki'11 - 1%
Yaoi'11 - 1%

Dance
Cantarella - 25%
Unread 12-29-2010, 06:48 AM   #13
Brsis
Shitsuji DESU~~~

Personally - having three siblings who DID drop out (YAY black sheep of the family!) - it's not really a good idea. My older sister and my younger brother are both geniuses, massive IQs, incredibly talented, the works, and they both dropped out. My sister dropped out when she was seventeen, worked a crappy low-paid accountants job she hated, living with my parents, and going steadily more and more neurotic for seven years until she got married and stopped working altogether, only to go stir-crazy from boredom. Things are finally working out for her and she's now thirty-three. My little brother dropped out at fifteen, went stir-crazy and neurotic, nearly died, and decided that he'd made a mistake and needed to get back on the ladder - and that took five years, and dropping out again once because he'd lost all the time management and organisation skills he needed to actually get by in an academic environment, and had very few friends because he was so much older than the other people in the class.

Whereas I'm not particularly bright or naturally gifted (I have GREAT SPACIAL AWARENESS! Now that's a talent you want to inherit! ) but I worked the system and now I have a stack of papers with the academic equivalent of 'Next Level Unlocked!', and now I get to do FUN THINGS that I love, and I get MONEY (which I quite like) and I got to meet some of the best people and my closest friends through following what I wanted to do. Nobody likes high school and nobody really learns anything. NOBODY. But it's worth sticking it out because it's just so much easier to get to the good stuff if you do.

And subsequently, in ONE year I will (Fingers crossed, competition has got FIERCE this last year or two) be doing my Masters in Japanese Anthropology at SOAS, taking ballet lessons and performing professionally. In FIVE years I will (Hopefully) be published, learning how to fly a hot air balloon and either researching my Doctorate at Todai or Kyodai (Aiming for Kyodai, but you know how it is) or taking my second degree, depending on whether I decide I really want to learn Engineering Science or not. In TEN years I want to be moving into my first family home, guest lecturing around the world, and writing for the BBC. I have PLANS, man .
and if you decode its complicated patterns you inevitably decide you're God,
to the considerable detriment of your social life."
Brsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 07:24 AM   #14
SweetOcarina
will switch on you~

As someone who is in a profession heavily linked to education, I shall say this: do not drop out. Get the best you can the first time. It's not fun to try and make it up.
SweetOcarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 08:23 AM   #15
Apsara
all around bum..

1 years: Keep my fitness level where it is. Re-learn how to read and write better in my native language and re-learn Japanese. Start wearing broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen protection!! Complete this religious training. I will tough it out! Even if I'm not sure what I'm toughing out. Get my GED, which I'm in the middle of...yay!

5 years: Finish my will. Get a better job so I can pay my way through college. Buy a house. Visit Japan? Do that Buddhist thing to honor my grandfather, father and various elders who died away from their birth lands. >_< Because my worthless, forever reincarnating soul depends on it. Make sure my mother's "good fortunes in afterlife" are finalized so she doesn't have to worry when she reincarnates again. She thinks she's already failed to reach Nirvana.

10 years: Living half the year in Asia. Be more than half way finished with paying off the house. Is involved in fashion journalism or fashion economics. Publish a romance novel. Maintain my aging body.

Seeking Cosplayer Post: Adekan and Five Star Stories for Aki-con on Oct. 7th - 9th, 2011
Apsara is offline   Reply With Quote