Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 01-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #16
Yukikittie

I understand what you're talking about...My friend has a very controlling mother. She doesn't let him do anything, and I really mean it. He can't even carpool with other kids or go over to someone's house. It's really sad.
With my parents...they really aren't in my life. Sure we live together, and sometimes do things...I feel uncomfortable when I'm just with them because we never do things together. It's going to be hell when my sister moves out, I'll be living with strangers.
They always fight when she's not home as well. Guess who gets to hear the arguments of divorce, how my Dad thinks he's always right, and of course how ungrateful and horrible of children my sister and I are? I do! Not to mention how they give me constant pressure about my grades, if I don't get straight A's I always get a snide remark and then a yelling from my Dad. Which just causes me to get stressed out and break down because I think how I'm such a loser in my parents eyes. /rant
I just...can't wait to move out. I'll deal with them now but when I get the chance I am fucking gone.

Unread 01-03-2011, 04:24 AM   #17
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

Parents really can be hurtful. My papa always used to complain that I cried too quickly after the beatings.

His comments seriously damaged my self-esteem.

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #18
lollydove

My dad makes me do all the work around the house. e_e I don't mind doing the housework, but shaving his back and getting a glass of water that's right in front of him- no thanks. And he's very easily fired up, so he yells at me a lot, and it's usually at the wrong times when I'm in a happy mood. >.<;; It's kinda downgrading...
But other than that, my mum won't let me see my only friend who likes anime :c Well not much anyway. She's the only person I know who I can talk to for 3 hours straight (been there, done that) and my mum doesn't really want me hanging out with her because she's a "bad influence" (seriously, she's only two years older and she's only dyed her hair. I fail to see the bad thing about that...?)
Nevertheless, I'm going to an art gallery with her tomorrow which has a room full of internet memes (it's freaking awesome) and a gifrigginormous slide with loops. (we're going in cosplay, lolol) so it's all good. =w=
June / Akane Kurashiki (999) - %85
Phi (Good People Die) - %0
Shuu Iwamine (Pigeon Boyfriend) - %0
Kazemaru Ichirouta (Inazuma Eleven) - %0

[center]COME VISIT MY LENS STORE!
lollydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #19
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

yesthe day right after i got bac from mew con (and feeling like my hearts been ripped out) my mom gave me alot of chores to do and all i want to do is to be alone so i can try to feel better.

and she does this alot
id be coming in from doing a chore or somthing and like she would say

" can u get the mail? thanks ur a super star" without a second for me to say yes or no shes my boss at work and we used to unlock and get the workplace open together and close now i have to do everyhting by myself and the days were she would open up with me she would find a way for her to be busy in those times so she would say " oh im going to be 5 mins" and id have to open up by myself.

and constantly when we are working on a task that requires both our skill to do she will get a call from one of her sisters or whoever and leave me to do it by myself. and she taes her marry time while on the phone

also like at work when there is not much to do she will let me off early, most of the times its like this

"ok -my name- all u have to do is -task 1- -task 2- then u can be done for today" etc not many but yea id do the tasks and then id ask her of i can be done and she would say "oh i never said that, i must have not been paying attention i did not mean that" or somthing phony
"
kuroki-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #20
Lithium Flower
Handphones

kuroki-neko- It kinda sounds like your mother is using the fact your her child just to get you to do ridiculous crap O_o
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #21
FrauleinNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
You just won this thread.
FrauleinNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 07:01 PM   #22
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

yes im the sheska (from fma) of the family 0-0 aperently
Unread 01-03-2011, 11:24 PM   #23
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
yesthe day right after i got bac from mew con (and feeling like my hearts been ripped out) my mom gave me alot of chores to do and all i want to do is to be alone so i can try to feel better.

and she does this alot
id be coming in from doing a chore or somthing and like she would say

" can u get the mail? thanks ur a super star" without a second for me to say yes or no shes my boss at work and we used to unlock and get the workplace open together and close now i have to do everyhting by myself and the days were she would open up with me she would find a way for her to be busy in those times so she would say " oh im going to be 5 mins" and id have to open up by myself.

and constantly when we are working on a task that requires both our skill to do she will get a call from one of her sisters or whoever and leave me to do it by myself. and she taes her marry time while on the phone

also like at work when there is not much to do she will let me off early, most of the times its like this

"ok -my name- all u have to do is -task 1- -task 2- then u can be done for today" etc not many but yea id do the tasks and then id ask her of i can be done and she would say "oh i never said that, i must have not been paying attention i did not mean that" or somthing phony
"
It's called working for your parent. In the work environment, your mom is no longer your mom; she's your supervisor, and you respect her as such, not as "mommy." Don't expect happy-family-fun-time.

And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 11:48 PM   #24
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
It's called working for your parent. In the work environment, your mom is no longer your mom; she's your supervisor, and you respect her as such, not as "mommy." Don't expect happy-family-fun-time.

And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
well she treats me like shit when i have a dfferent idea about somthing that needs a new idea. she will laugh at it and she will do the same when ever i feel pain or anything she just thinks she is above everyone and that everyone is not as smart as she is .

and i don't supesct " happy family fun time" i suspect her to act like she works there not some queen bee who does not lift a finger when its time for work
Unread 01-04-2011, 12:43 AM   #25
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

Woe is kuroki-neko.

Woe, indeed.

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 12:46 AM   #26
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

yea...-.- im just going to leave it at that
Unread 01-04-2011, 06:51 AM   #27
ieixxx
isnt a weirdo...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Wow your turning 18 and she behaves like that :/ maybe she's just scared that her little muffin is growing up and soon to be going out into the big bad world and doesn't know how to handle that?

Or maybe she just doesn't consider its really rude to be a jerkface
LOL!!!!!! ....think like konata.
Unread 01-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #28
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieixxx View Post
LOL!!!!!! ....think like konata.
Actually I've never seen Lucky Star...I really have no idea where I came up with that phrase but I've said it since I was like...8.

Occasionally I'll also pull out the "Silly willy acorn head" but thats from Edd, Ed, and Eddy*

*also one of the best cartoons to ever exist in forever.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #29
playmysitardemy
Hahahaha......wait, what?

Late to the game but.....

@CosplayCinema: I know how you feel about getting sheltered. I was never allowed to express myself outside of my house. This was because my parents would critize other parents for letting their kids doing something. They didn't want to look like hypocrites (which they are) I ended up sneaking out a lot, which they still don't know about to this day. I didn't start the hair dying until 18 along with the piercings, tattoos, etc. I ended up stopping though because I wanted a job. I still aim to get tattoos though, just be easily hidden.

I'm 20 and my mother STILL says I'm a child and I don't have my act together. I call bullshit on that since: 1) I've gotten my associates 2)In the process of recieving my bachelor's 3)I'm in love with the greatest girl ever and plan on marrying her (long story on that one) 4)I have a job 5)I have a van I take care of myself and 6) I'm more or less happy about my life.

It's my mother though that is that little rain cloud. Recently she's going through a rough patch with my step-dad and now she's leeching on me for money, time, support, etc. when she always got mad when I asked for a couple bucks, asked for her help, she always called me worthless. The list goes on. She's also an abusive drunk who claims not to have a problem.

Sadly, I still have a bleeding heart and WANT to help her, but she won't listen to anyone and just wants people to feel sorry for her. I refuse to do that.

Long story short, all I can say is just try to brush off the hurtful comments or use it as fuel to make your life great and you can rub their noses in it. Depends on if you wanna be nice or mean. For me, I wanna shove it in her face and say "look, I DO amount to something, its you that doesn't."

And if you're REALLY bored, my YouTube channel (beware, some boy love videos)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TamerKatsuya

Last edited by playmysitardemy : 01-12-2011 at 10:03 PM.
playmysitardemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #30
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Cadmium View Post
Parents really can be hurtful. My papa always used to complain that I cried too quickly after the beatings.

His comments seriously damaged my self-esteem.
Woah, woah, woah, what?!?!?! Please tell me that was a really distasteful joke and that you weren't serious!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote