Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 12-31-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
Ryoko-and-Yami
SO inappropriate!

Fake Teeth-paste to teeth?

I read in some other forums about using false nails to make fake pointy teeth. Someone mentioned to use denture paste; however, my friend said it would erode my teeth. The brand I bought said it was safe if it got on teeth, but I am afraid to open or use it. How would I get the teeth off? Will it really destroy my teeth?

I read about getting a whitening tray as well. But I only found a set that had the whitening gel all ready in them....so I don't think that is good. I was trying to find the kinds that don't have the gel inside, but I can't seem to find them when I looked at Walmart and Target.

Does anyone have any information or ideas?

Need a wig styled? Ask me! http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...?product=48369

Currently selling a variety of wigs, costumes, anime, and manga! Check it out! http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...0/ppuser/50381
Ryoko-and-Yami is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-01-2011, 04:26 AM   #2
navigated
Derp.

I've used denture paste on my teeth. There's certainly a grit to the paste and that can wear away at your enamel, but really the best way to avoid it is to try to get as much of the paste off your teeth as you can with a paper towel or something of the like before you go to your tooth brush to get the remainder off. The more left over on your teeth there is, the more likely you can scratch up your enamel.

But really, some people who use denture cream for its intended purpose (that being, holding dentures in) still have teeth in their mouth, and if the paste wasn't meant to be near teeth, they wouldn't let you put it in your mouth.

After the cream has set and your fake teeth are in place, just try not to do a lot of animated talking, that can yank the teeth off. Eating and drinking is also difficult. But when you're done you can just pop them off, just a bit of a tug and it comes off. Nothing painful or anything.

navigated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
Tragic_Prince
Rubber Ducky

navi is completley right, ive used it on my teeth as well for three days straight and nothing terrible came of it. just remember to brush your teeth afterwards and it will be fine.

the brand ive used is Fixodent with a food guard on it, so i can eat with mine in though its REALLY difficult so i tend to take mine out and reapply afterwards. so long as you remember to brush and get it all out youll be completely fine.

Ysera - WOW
Earl grey-Kuroshitsuji
End!Wanderer- Shadow of the colossus
Lavi - D.Grey-Man
Ballgown!Fionna - Adventure Time

DeviantartCosplay.comKira Kira Rangers
Tragic_Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 04:53 AM   #4
Ryoko-and-Yami
SO inappropriate!

I tried the whitening tray and pasting the teeth on to the tray technique. My friend told me to use super glue when I asked what she did. So i did, then after they dried i put it in my mouth and tasted the glue...I think that was a mistake since superglue is toxic... I may redo the teeth and try the denture paste. Sounds safer and i won't have to worry about poisoning myself

Or I may completely pull all the teeth off. Use vinegar and hot soapy water to remove the glue and redo it with denture paste

Need a wig styled? Ask me! http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...?product=48369

Currently selling a variety of wigs, costumes, anime, and manga! Check it out! http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...0/ppuser/50381

Last edited by Ryoko-and-Yami : 01-05-2011 at 04:59 AM.
Unread 01-05-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
navigated
Derp.

Yeah don't put superglue in your mouth, that's sort of a horrible idea.

Just stick with the denture paste. You can also individually put the teeth over your own, it'll be less bulk in your mouth than the whitening tray.

Unread 01-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #6
Ryoko-and-Yami
SO inappropriate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigated View Post
Yeah don't put superglue in your mouth, that's sort of a horrible idea.

Just stick with the denture paste. You can also individually put the teeth over your own, it'll be less bulk in your mouth than the whitening tray.

Yeah, kinda had an all night freaking out ordeal after. O__O Think i'll just remake them and stick them on with denture paste. Then I could smile.

Unread 01-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #7
navigated
Derp.

I know the panic, actually, having also had super glue in my mouth (I was making a fake set of lip piercings for a costume and the magnets that held them hadn't dried, the felt dry, but apparently weren't, and I put them in to see if they could hold), my tongue went numb. It was special. But we learned.

Smiles are good!

Unread 01-06-2011, 04:25 AM   #8
UchihaSasuK8
Fade with the thunder

You can also get a paste designed for putting on fake teeth from costume stores; you can mix two compounds together and put it inside/behind the fake teeth, and then mould it to your real teeth. It sets like rubbery plastic adn then you can pull them on and off as required as they stay on from the suction.

I have have some that came with some fake teeth but I haven't tried it yet so I cant testify to how well it works or not - but it only cost me a few pounds, so its worth a try?
UchihaSasuK8 is offline   Reply With Quote