Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 12-31-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
MermaidRizu
Mermaid Princess

Any fandubbers?

I love doing fandubs on YouTube, but I haven't done any in a while, and I'm not too fond of my older ones from when I was just getting started and did a bunch of them. ^^; I've done more song-dubs (people correct me and say it's karaoke/cover since I'm still singing the Japanese version, but whatever, I still call it a dub when I feel like it XD) than scene dubs, although I'd like to get into more of those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwGsvyrKj1M

^ This is one of my recent dubs/covers that I'm more proud of, it's my friend and I covering the song Magnet, with me as Miku (first singer) and her as Luka (second singer). ^^ Just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about~ XD

Anyway, is anyone else here on cosplay.com a fandubber? Maybe we could even do a fandub together sometime~ ^^

Last edited by MermaidRizu : 12-31-2010 at 06:49 PM.
MermaidRizu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-31-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
KaleiDoVi
The Candy Earl

I'm meaning to do one (Of Alois, Ciel, or Honey), but arghh that would mean moving my laptop into my room for privacy, and I'm way too lazy. XD And my voice is usually way higher than I think. X.e I don't do covers/dubs of songs, since I have 0 singing ability, but fandubs of scenes is what I'm going to try to do.

P.S. Your Magnet cover is beautiful~ <3
Ciel (Episode 3 outfit)- Kuroshitsuji - 20% Done

~Conventions~
Momocon 2011 / In Planning...
Anime Weekend Atlanta 2011 / In Planning...
KaleiDoVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
MermaidRizu
Mermaid Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleiDoVi View Post
I'm meaning to do one (Of Alois, Ciel, or Honey), but arghh that would mean moving my laptop into my room for privacy, and I'm way too lazy. XD And my voice is usually way higher than I think. X.e I don't do covers/dubs of songs, since I have 0 singing ability, but fandubs of scenes is what I'm going to try to do.

P.S. Your Magnet cover is beautiful~ <3
Yay, best of luck to you! ^^ I've always thought that the overall feeling of the dub was more important than if you sound exactly like the character or not, so there's no need to worry about your voice being higher than you think. ^^ If you do one, please post it here or send it to me~!

And thank you very much! ^///^
Unread 01-01-2011, 01:07 AM   #4
Eliteslayer
Working on my evil laugh

Not necessarily a fandub, but I do make an Abridged Series. I'm the co-creator of Ranma 1/2: The Abridged Chronicles, and I voice Ryoga, Kuno, Genma, and a few other various characters. http://www.youtube.com/user/EliteslayerX (I'd advise skipping episode 1, it kinda sucks, but we get better from there.)
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fb...00000992196766

Follow me on DeviantArt and Twitter. Avatar picture taken by ININ
Eliteslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 01:13 AM   #5
IAmShorty
Proud to be a shorty!

I like doing them when Im bored. Its nothing that special but heres my youtube (:
http://www.youtube.com/user/PureRand...4?feature=mhum
Just some random fandubs.
But an abridged series im in should be coming up any day
Its Seikon no Qwaser abridged and I voice Tomo and Lizzie
IAmShorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 02:26 AM   #6
MermaidRizu
Mermaid Princess

Eliteslayer: Lol, your abridged series is really funny! ^^ I actually haven't watched the series, but it's still very entertaining, you guys did a nice job on it! XD

IAmShorty: I think you're a wonderful voice actress! ^^ I especially enjoyed your Lucky Channel dubs, you make a perfect Akira! XD
Unread 01-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
IAmShorty
Proud to be a shorty!

@MermaidRizu Oh, thank you :3 Wow! Your Magnet cover was awesome!
IAmShorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #8
Axelai
I'm Awesome

I always wanted to be a voice actress, and I actually have a really good talent for it (only talent i have... *cries*), but i haven't found any fandub groups hiring... and i'm actually too lazy to do it while i'm trying to study XD

But yeah. I support fandubs, though i have never listened to a SERIOUS one. I usually just watch youtube parody fandubs. Ahaha~

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #9
Eliteslayer
Working on my evil laugh

@ Rizu: Thanks! It's hard work, but the result is worth it.

Pst, Axelai, if you want some practice, stop by my panel on Abridged Series at Fanime this year. I always pick audience volunteers to record some lines for a one-shot abridged episode, and while I can't guarantee I'll pick you, it couldn't hurt to try.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fb...00000992196766

Follow me on DeviantArt and Twitter. Avatar picture taken by ININ
Eliteslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #10
MermaidRizu
Mermaid Princess

IAmShorty: You're very welcome, and thank you so much! ^^

Axelai: I'd love to hear you try one out sometime, I bet you're awesome! ^^ I really should start doing more of them, maybe I'll finally end up forming a group and invite you to join it~ XP

Eliteslayer: You're welcome, you must be very proud of it! ^^ And no way, I wish I was going to Fanime now! D: That sounds like the most fun panel EVER, I would so volunteer! XD

~~~~~~

While I'm here, I might as well post my demo reel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVV86RRA2ao

It's from a couple of years ago, and it's sort of...embarassing for me to listen to now ^^; XD But you guys should make demos and post them too! If you're lazy like me, you can just put a string of voice clips together without any effects or music like I did. XD Not all of it is even from anime, I actually have a line from Camp Lazlo in there...XD;;

Last edited by MermaidRizu : 01-01-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Unread 01-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #11
Brsis
Shitsuji DESU~~~

I sort of taught myself to play the ukulele (Badly - but it doesn't matter, because it's a cheap ukulele and they always sound rubbish so it sounds like I meant it to XD ) and I keep thinking I ought to sit down and record myself singing and playing one of the songs I actually know the words to, but I've always been too shy... I have so much respect for the people who get their voices out there!
and if you decode its complicated patterns you inevitably decide you're God,
to the considerable detriment of your social life."
Brsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #12
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliteslayer View Post
Pst, Axelai, if you want some practice, stop by my panel on Abridged Series at Fanime this year. I always pick audience volunteers to record some lines for a one-shot abridged episode, and while I can't guarantee I'll pick you, it couldn't hurt to try.
I'll be sure to stop by your panel ^^ I've never done actual VA work for ANYTHING, but i know i am very good at it. I've just got this talent for changing my voice to sound like anything... which works well whenever i cosplay (as i can imitate the character voice of whom i'm cosplaying).

And well, if you want to at least try to see me, i'll be dressed as either America from Hetalia or Darry from Kiyal's Magical Time. Depending on when your panel is c:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidRizu View Post
Axelai: I'd love to hear you try one out sometime, I bet you're awesome! ^^ I really should start doing more of them, maybe I'll finally end up forming a group and invite you to join it~ XP
Do it I'd be happy to be a part of it!

Unread 01-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #13
MermaidRizu
Mermaid Princess

Brsis: You should do it, just throw away your inhibitions and go for it! ^^ Easier said than done, I know, but it always feels great to overcome a fear, and you never know what will come from it! XP

Axelai: Hmm, the only problem is that I'll need to get better editing software...Windows Movie Maker has worked for me in the past, but it just doesn't feel very professional, especially when putting lots of voices in...but it's still a project that I would love to do sometime~! ^^
Unread 01-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #14
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidRizu View Post
Axelai: Hmm, the only problem is that I'll need to get better editing software...Windows Movie Maker has worked for me in the past, but it just doesn't feel very professional, especially when putting lots of voices in...but it's still a project that I would love to do sometime~! ^^
Yeah, Movie Maker sorta sucks XD A lot. But its helped me edit many things... including putting my voice into karaoke songs. So its got a nice place in my heart <3

Unread 01-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #15
Thelchterya
Loves Watanuki

It's actually something I'd like to break into. I love singing karaoke and I love parodies, so it's only a matter of time before I give it a whirl. I did record a Shissou cover once, but it's not posted to the internet yet. ^^

To Repair:
Zero Suit Samus
Princess Jasmine
Nabooru
Shinobu

To Revamp:
Yuuko Ichihara

To Complete:
STR

Next con: Ichibancon 3!
Thelchterya is offline   Reply With Quote