Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AM²

Unread 03-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #16
Phanari
Phanari Rhun

I think we should do a gathering for DC comics, but that's just my opinion.
Phanari is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-25-2011, 04:59 AM   #17
RivetSPOOn
Der Überlöffel!

Not Cosplay per se, but I'm trying to garner interest for a BJD gathering for some time slot during the con.
Unread 04-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #18
Perspective

Latest AM2 Commercial! Check it out and spread the word! Get your Passports today!: http://www.youtube.com/user/AM2Con#p/u/0/CRx6m-_hv1s
Perspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #19
ElCapitan
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective View Post
Latest AM2 Commercial! Check it out and spread the word! Get your Passports today!: http://www.youtube.com/user/AM2Con#p/u/0/CRx6m-_hv1s
Dude. I appreciate that you're really into AM², but please don't spam everyone.

Derf Tang
Operations Director, AM² 2012
ElCapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 02:13 AM   #20
techrabbit13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchez View Post
**EDIT** Okay so I got bored and decided to start a crappily done list myself. If you're intreseted in starting a gathering or want to suggest one, just comment so I can add it to the list. If adding a gathering please try and include the date and possible times and locations.
**END EDIT
Hey stitchez,

I had a question will you be the offical cosplay gathering liaison for AM2 or do you know how is? and also has there been any word on available locations to hold the gatherings?

Please and thanks you,

Techrabbit
techrabbit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 02:17 AM   #21
stitchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by techrabbit13 View Post
Hey stitchez,

I had a question will you be the offical cosplay gathering liaison for AM2 or do you know how is? and also has there been any word on available locations to hold the gatherings?

Please and thanks you,

Techrabbit
I am not sadly XD Just a bored cosplayer who twitches when things ain't done a million years ahead of time. I don't know who is the liaison either sorry @n@

I asked the second question of yours, gathering locations, on the actual forums for AM^2 and didn't get any answers as of yet so they may not have locations figured out? Not too sure.
  • Snake - Kuroshitsuji
  • Souda Kazuichi - SDR2
  • Carver Hawke - DA2
  • Bolin - LoK
ANIME CALIFORNIA 2014
  • Leon and/or Souda - DR/SDR2
  • ?????????
PMX 2014
  • Marco Bodtt - SNK
  • Secret Cosplay
  • something JoJo????
stitchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 03:31 AM   #22
techrabbit13

Here is a front view of the Anaheim Convention, this would probably be the main location for the cosplay gatherings

techrabbit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #23
moonymonster

It'd be really cool to do a Pokemon gathering on Sunday. Can I help with that? (I'm leaning to Sunday cos that's the only day I can make it ^^; But I'm really excited!)
Unread 04-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #24
ElCapitan
Dictator

Quote:
I asked the second question of yours, gathering locations, on the actual forums for AM^2 and didn't get any answers as of yet so they may not have locations figured out? Not too sure.
I don't recall seeing that question from you, sorry if we missed it. I'll get in touch with Interactive Events directors and ask them to have the Cosplay department manager contact you.

@ Techrabbit: I saw your message, if you'd like to PM me again with your email, I'll ask the manager to get in touch with you as well.

My apologies to both of you for any delays in response you've been seeing. I can't speak for others, but I've personally been out of town on business, and just returned last night.

Derf Tang
Unread 04-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #25
stitchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post
I don't recall seeing that question from you, sorry if we missed it. I'll get in touch with Interactive Events directors and ask them to have the Cosplay department manager contact you.

My apologies to both of you for any delays in response you've been seeing. I can't speak for others, but I've personally been out of town on business, and just returned last night.
I'd posted it under the FAQ section, and it's fine. I understand that managing all this is a huge workload. Had just been curious since Conji had specific locations set aside for the gatherings, and I haven't been to ACC in years so I wasn't sure good of areas to hold meets at all. Thank you very much though.
  • Snake - Kuroshitsuji
  • Souda Kazuichi - SDR2
  • Carver Hawke - DA2
  • Bolin - LoK
ANIME CALIFORNIA 2014
  • ?????????
PMX 2014
  • Marco Bodtt - SNK
  • Secret Cosplay
  • something JoJo????
Unread 04-23-2011, 07:34 PM   #26
xxchemi
trust me slower is better

how bout vocaloids>? :]
xxchemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #27
ElCapitan
Dictator

Quote:
I'd posted it under the FAQ section, and it's fine. I understand that managing all this is a huge workload. Had just been curious since Conji had specific locations set aside for the gatherings, and I haven't been to ACC in years so I wasn't sure good of areas to hold meets at all. Thank you very much though.
We just did another walkthrough of the ACC this morning, and the first place I'd recommend is the very front of the ACC. You can take pictures with the convention center itself in the background, which makes for a easy backdrop, or get Convention Way if you face the other direction (which is pretty looking for a street, IMHO). Also, there's an open air terrace that you can use to get big overhead group shots.

From that point, there's another smaller plaza down to the right (assuming you're facing the glass doors). That one is more likely to have shade, but you should bear in mind that we will probably be building lines near the palm trees at certain points in the day. In general I expect that area to be free.

If I can find the time, I'll try to create a quick map of the area along with some notes on places that are probably a good or bad idea to use.

@TechRabbit: The area circled in your Hall B probably won't be viable, that space will already be occupied.

Derf Tang
Unread 04-24-2011, 05:21 PM   #28
stitchez

@ElCapitan: Thanks for the suggestions! My friend and I are thinking of running over ourselves today if we can to check out the areas you've mentioned.

Don't sweat over it if you don't have time, you seem very busy!, but if you did I think many a gathering coordinator would love and appreciate that.
  • Snake - Kuroshitsuji
  • Souda Kazuichi - SDR2
  • Carver Hawke - DA2
  • Bolin - LoK
ANIME CALIFORNIA 2014
  • ?????????
PMX 2014
  • Marco Bodtt - SNK
  • Secret Cosplay
  • something JoJo????
Unread 05-29-2011, 04:28 AM   #29
6SempaIImoto9

Hi. So far I kind of see no set cosplay list of the many anime series. I was wondering what is up? When? What time? Where? OHSHC Gathering? Bleach? Naruto? Kenshin? Older Shonen Jump Series like Slam Dunk? Other gatherings? And is it kind of difficult to judge the amount of people that will participate in each group for this free con? Plus doesn't usually ACC has like a few Church Conventions going on and so space is probably limited right??
6SempaIImoto9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 04:32 AM   #30
6SempaIImoto9

Actually there is no longer a Church Convention anymore. Looks like some Moose Convention based on education standards, lame. This con is located in Hall A and the Arena. So space is probably going to be limited or uncomfortable in that area.
6SempaIImoto9 is offline   Reply With Quote