Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Soul Eater

Unread 01-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
mew_raspberry

Question Death the Kid Cosplay Help!

Hello fellow cosplayers, me and two other of my friends are hoping to cosplay as Death the Kid, Liz and Patty from Soul Eater for MTAC 2011. We felt like spicing things up so I'm going to cosplay as the girl version of Death the Kid. My problems are:
1. My hair. Should I get a wig? Or should I just spray in the three stripes since my hair is already dark?
2. How should I do the rings and especially the brooch? I could order the rings but I want to be 100% sure that they'll fit me perfectly.
3. This is more for Liz and Patty but how should we do that hats? I've looked everywhere but found nothing that could help me.

Thanks a lot!
mew_raspberry is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
PhearTheNinja

Get a wig, definitely. There are a for other forums about this, but spray is icky and it flakes. Not to mention it's not exactly easy to spray a pattern like that into your hair.

As for the brooch, I made mine out of air-dry clay, then painted it and attached it to a clip. The rings I got from http://www.salesmanb2b.com/index.php/product?id=40014 They're cheap and pretty good quality. Not sure what size they are though, and you can't custom size them. They're a bit tight on me, but I'm asking a friend to expand them just a tiny bit. If you don't want to go that route, you could probably make it out of clay and wire of some sort.

As for liz and pattys hats... I really can't say much there. Maybe get a few cowboy hats and attack them with scissors, fabric, and hot glue?
PhearTheNinja is offline   Reply With Quote