Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Unread 01-03-2011, 02:03 AM   #1
Kelley
Devil of Details

Calling all Not-Princesses !

*waves*

First of all, this is NOT a hate-princesses thread.

I would just like to hear about your Disney costumes that aren't princesses or takes on them. Why ? Because I haven't heard a lot of stories about non-princess costumes and I would like to.

Made a less-popular Disney costume ? Working on one ? Planning one ? Tell about it here ! If you'd like to link to a costume of yours, that would be nice, too - I'd love to see them. Are there any Timon and Pumbaas out there ? Any Cogsworths ? Has anyone done Maleficent's dragon form ? I'm sure there are characters I'm forgetting when I go looking for costumes !

I just want to see what other people have done - the costumes I might not see otherwise because it didn't occur to me to put their names in the search box. That's what this thread is about.

For me, I'm helping someone make a Ratcliffe (Pocahontas) costume right now, and after 5.5 yards of fuchsia wool flannel, I was roped into making a Wiggins costume. I never would have thought to look for costumes of these two if I hadn't - and I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of things like this.
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-03-2011, 04:26 AM   #2
Cherazor
I is a gud righter

Oh, great idea! Well, while I haven't cosplayed anything Disney yet myself, my sister has cosplayed Candace from Phineas and Ferb (reference image here) and we've got more to come, but we're not exactly sure when we'll get the time to do them.

My DeviantArt
Cherazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
TR Rose
Meowing About

I've cosplayed Vanessa from The Little Mermaid (Ursula's human form):
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/300171/

It was one of the most fun costumes I've ever done. Especially having an Ariel to play off of. People don't seem to recognize her right away, but when they do, they tend to get very excited. ^^
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
Poody
All Rise!

Well, I all my costumes aren't Princesses, because I'm a guy! but they're not so rare as those ones you've mentioned! So far I've just done Flynn Rider. I have pics on here but there's more on my facebook (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...oody?sk=photos)

Next I plan to do (all hopefully this year) Prince Edward from Enchanted and Terence from Tinkerbell!

..............-NYAH!
My Facebook, yo!
Poody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #5
LKD
Is a princess!!

I've done Drizella and made my friend Anastasia ^_^ Fun times. I'm being spoiled by fun characters like them, Lottie and Tink that princesses are starting to be a bore lol

I can't wait to see Radcliffe and Wiggins! Don't forget to borrow someone's pug x3

That being said I think you have a wonderful face for Mother Gothel

Last edited by LKD : 01-03-2011 at 03:06 PM.
LKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
Robin-Sena

I've done Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/227417/

It's definitely my favorite costume, and I love the reactions I get when I wear it. =) I would love to cosplay Jane Porter sometime. Tarzan doesn't get enough love.
Unread 01-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #7
Buckshot Billie
One Shady Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
... and after 5.5 yards of fuchsia wool flannel, I was roped into making a Wiggins costume.
You act like someone's going to put an arrow through your head if you don't do it.

(Wow. That was a painfully obscure reference. Carry on.)
Buckshot Billie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 04:41 AM   #8
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

Why hello.*smirks*

I don't do princesses. I do queens.

I'm a Disney lover but I'm not a princess fan. I actually refuse to be a Disney princess. It's not that I don't like them, but because none of them were ever my favorite characters, even as a little kid. (I always loved the secondary characters and comic reliefs more.) And it's no fun to be a character you don't want to be.

My list consists of mostly villains along with other more-or-less obscure characters. My next Disney ones I'm looking into next are the Old Hag or Dr. Facilier as well as remaking the Evil Queen. Further down the experience list are Maleficent and Queen Narissa (see?) and possibly some of the Broadway version characters. I'm also greatly contemplating Clopin from Hunchback of Notre Dame as well as Lilo from Lilo and Stitch.

The Queen has definitely been my most fun costume while other people have made it my most popular. I just love the villains more and they're definitely a lot more fun to play! It's also very theraputic IMO. In fact, I have friends who automatically dub me the "default villain" for a fandom because of that. So I've keep getting suggestions them like Shego from Kim Possible, Yzma from Emperor's New Groove, or the Red Queen from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (even though I probably won't ever be her).

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”

Last edited by Musicalpencil : 01-04-2011 at 04:43 AM.
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 05:02 AM   #9
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot Billie View Post
You act like someone's going to put an arrow through your head if you don't do it.

(Wow. That was a painfully obscure reference. Carry on.)
I got it!!!! Sorry, idk what I'm doing here. I love Disney, but I haven't cosplayed any Disney characters yet, HOWEVER when I do Alice or Wendy is first on my list!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #10
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

I've always related more to the male characters, really.

I don't relate to him, but want to cosplay Gaston SO badly. But I'm not nearly manly enough.

I do like Jane from Tarzan, though. She was kind of badass

Oh, God! Or any of Glenn Close's costumes from the live-action 101 Dalmatians! She was SO fabulous!

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars

Last edited by Flora88 : 01-04-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #11
nessabutterfly

I've done Alice. And a card guard, white rabbit, and flower to go along with her.

And to go along with my Snow White (yes, I know, I was a princess), I made my husband Prince, and my son Dopey (my daughter was another Snow White, though we referred to her as Snow and Prince's daughter

I made my SIL an Esmerelda bathing suit, and designed and helped my friend make a Mulan one (here's a link since they're not listed as costumes, but are in my gallery http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/187366/)

I made my husband a prince Eric (I really need to post some pics of that)

I have Giselle and Tinkerbell on my to-make list. I'm a perfect blend of those two characters. Sweet, but with a little too much attitude, Will make clothes out of anything, and love lost things. Especially shinies (and bead stores count. Those beads are lost, looking for a good home )

I also have Vanessa on my list. The occasional villaness is fun, and how many characters have my name? I just need to wait until my son stops having Ursela nightmares (he LOVES the little mermaid, but he thinks about it too much and scares himself.)
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #12
FeyMeggan

Huh, coulda swore I posted in here...oh well, I shall do so now.

Like Musical Pencil I'm in the 'I'm a Queen' point, though not of the evil variety. I've done Queen Leah, Aurora's mom...though ironically have been called the Evil Queen from Snow White and Maleficent all within a matter of an hour at the same convention...even after telling them who I was. Ah, sci-fi crowd, you amuse me. However, I'm now tempted to make a dragon version of Maleficent for a friend...thanks for the idea!

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
FeyMeggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #13
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

I've cosplayed Mulan if that counts? Even though she always appears as a princess in merchandise, I don't consider her a princess. I've also cosplayed Meg from Hercules and Silvermist from the Disney Fairies line.
As far as non-princess cosplays coming up, I'm looking to do Esmeralda and Babette(the feather duster from BatB)

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2011, 04:36 AM   #14
~H~
Original H

I've got a Jessica Rabbit costume ready to go! ^_-
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #15
Arlette
Let it Go

I've cosplayed Megara, but it was several years ago and kind of sucks due to last minute fabric malfunctions and whatnot. I would love to re-make it someday.
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote